Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-02-2021, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Each one of is on their own path at their own level of evolvement. What it fits one, doesn't fit another. What choices are available to one aren't available to another.

At some level you react to the reality you perceive; at the higher level you create the reality you want.

At some level you perceive something that causes you compassion (you react emotionally); at the higher level you change reality (you create) before the compassion arises.

You should always do only what you think is right, nor what others tell you is right. This is valid at any level of evolvement.

Hi inavalan,

Do you notice/think that each reality that is created/formed influences how the individual perceives things?

I seem to notice this at times. That there are interactions going on, whether aware of them or not. These may influence my own creation of the reality I may perceive.

At a higher level changing reality before compassion arises, what does this mean? Just a little clarification.

Is compassion, in your view, something created through the emotions or a trait one may naturally have?

Agree, we are all unique and one size does not fit all. Exploring a bit the interactions with in the differences. If through being more open to the differences one can become more compassionate towards another. Responding ( listening and better understanding) instead of reacting (emotional and defensive) to what may be exchanged.

Thank you for sharing

Last edited by Moonglow : 07-02-2021 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi inavalan,

Do you notice/think that each reality that is created/formed influences how the individual perceives things?

I seem to notice this at times. That there are interactions going on, whether aware of them or not. These may influence my own creation of the reality I may perceive.

At a higher level changing reality before compassion arises, what does this mean? Just a little clarification.

Is compassion, in your view, something created through the emotions or a trait one may naturally have?

Agree, we are all unique and one size does not fit all. Exploring a bit the interactions with in the differences. If through being more open to the differences one can become more compassionate towards another. Responding ( listening and better understanding) instead of reacting (emotional and defensive) to what may be exchanged.

Thank you for sharing
I think that my subconscious creates my reality that my ego then perceives. At a subconscious level we are connected with everything, but we consciously perceive only what we are consciously focused on.

At the level where you can create reality, you don't let things go into a situation that arises compassion. You change it early. You don't react, you act.

Compassion, in my view, is of no use if it isn't swiftly followed of meaningful thoughts of alleviating the condition that causes compassion. Indulging in compassionate feelings would perpetuate, even amplify that condition.

A simplistic explanation: thoughts and emotions create thought-forms that perpetuate same kind of thoughts and emotions. In the case of compassion, you want your thoughts and emotions to create thought-forms that will change the condition that caused your compassion. Just feeling sorry will cause more situations that will make you feel sorry; you have to think and expect the condition to dramatically improve, completely change.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-02-2021, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I think that my subconscious creates my reality that my ego then perceives. At a subconscious level we are connected with everything, but we consciously perceive only what we are consciously focused on.

At the level where you can create reality, you don't let things go into a situation that arises compassion. You change it early. You don't react, you act.

Compassion, in my view, is of no use if it isn't swiftly followed of meaningful thoughts of alleviating the condition that causes compassion. Indulging in compassionate feelings would perpetuate, even amplify that condition.

A simplistic explanation: thoughts and emotions create thought-forms that perpetuate same kind of thoughts and emotions. In the case of compassion, you want your thoughts and emotions to create thought-forms that will change the condition that caused your compassion. Just feeling sorry will cause more situations that will make you feel sorry; you have to think and expect the condition to dramatically improve, completely change.

Some of my explorations with in myself have been and continue to be where I place my focus. This in turn brings to my attention some set patterns with in me.

Some of the patterns form into beliefs, while others seem still not fully conscious of, but still seem to influence how I may perceive things.

So upon learning more and being more aware of set patterns/habits, can create changes if willing and action is taken. Otherwise they continue to repeat or have influence.

It is a continued practice.

This I can relate t in regards to what you present that thoughts and emotions create thought forms. As I relate patterns with the mind. Yes, can affect how I may respond and at times react.

Which by becoming more aware of set patterns, can change them from being a habitual response or reaction, into being more present and responding as the situation or exchange may be and how I may be able to or not bring change.

So, I relate that having the presence of mind can help alleviate the situation and at times know when to step in and when to not. Still may have feelings of compassion, but may not be anything I can do or meant to do.

To act can be a delicate thing. For in what way to act may not always be clear.
At times to not act and realize the person may have to go through it or it is more complex then what I think it to be.

Guess at times do what am able to do and not hold onto the feeling and situation longer then necessary or needed. If so, then can see may do more harm then good.

Also helps to at least have an idea where the other is at or coming from if support is desired to give and can create a sense of compassion, IMO.

So, it is alleviating the cause instead of dwelling on the effects? Be aware of the effects, but realizing they are temporary. Can be changed?
Old 10-02-2021, 11:16 PM
Master
Hello,

Some further thoughts.

Find that by further understanding another’s belief, I become more open.
Not saying I may agree with such beliefs, but become more aware of where the other may be coming from.

Takes listening and focus upon what the other may say or noticing subtle body language that may indicate something in regards to him/her.

It is in a way breaking down the reaction to judge and work on finding out a bit more about the person and notice my own responses.

Being told or noticing someone going through a rough patch in life and/or how he/she may respond or react, opens up relationships as well.

It does at times bring compassion, not so much in a pitying way, more in way being more empathetic towards another.

It is not holding onto the emotions that may arise, just noticing what arises and how it can be directed and if necessary redirected
Old 11-02-2021, 01:03 AM
Very nice topic, Moonglow.

(Too funny - I pictured someone reading your words...he's a gentle Libra, also.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-02-2021, 11:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Very nice topic, Moonglow.

(Too funny - I pictured someone reading your words...he's a gentle Libra, also.)

Hi Mss Hepburn,

Thank you
You are a kind soul :)

Last edited by Moonglow : 12-02-2021 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:52 PM
Molearner

Beliefs can be a trap.....a dead end when you think you are certain. I prefer to think possibilities . Do not discard those possibilities......you can return to them and discover hidden truths when you have a new POV........
Old 13-02-2021, 04:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Beliefs can be a trap.....a dead end when you think you are certain. I prefer to think possibilities . Do not discard those possibilities......you can return to them and discover hidden truths when you have a new POV........

Hi Molearner,

Agree to stay open to the possibilities life offers.

What I think something may be, find often changes as I discover and learn more

Thank you for sharing
Old 14-02-2021, 04:22 PM
Master

beliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Some thoughts were going through my mind in regards to beliefs and compassion.

Do you think that by being open to understanding others beliefs that a sense of compassion can be developed?

My thoughts are first depends upon the belief(s). For if the belief(s) is destructive in some way, then may not hold compassion for the belief. May hold compassion for the person and do what I can to understand why he/she may believe such, but will hold reservations towards the belief.

The way in which the belief is projected upon another and/ others has an influence upon my response(s). Again may hold some compassion towards the person as a human being, but find if destructive or harmful do not condone such actions.

Now my view points expressed has me also question; Is it always alright for someone to believe whatever he/she wants to?

Not saying to be the “belief police”, but when feeling a belief is being destructive or may lead to harm, then has me bring up such questions.

The flip side, by further understanding another’s beliefs or not a deeper understanding seems to develop. May not have the same views, but if each are being respectful, then can learn some things and better understand where he/she is coming from.

Wording this as best I can at the moment. For at times it comes down to holding compassion for the person or not. Even when noticing that his/her belief(s) are being destructive. How one may respond or react. Exploring a bit.

Will stop here and present this to you all.
What are your thoughts?

Societies world over knows a fact beliefs are source of speeches and actions. In that sense your concern for other's beliefs may become our concern.

However at the same time , beliefs simply does no necessarily imply there will be actions based on that and that will be bad only.

So we can not have one single answer for different beliefs . It depends on case to case. As a general rule which even u noted being tolerant to different beliefs is good and can make life rainbow-like colorful especially when different beliefs are not at all destructive/damaging.
Old 14-02-2021, 10:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Societies world over knows a fact beliefs are source of speeches and actions. In that sense your concern for other's beliefs may become our concern.

However at the same time , beliefs simply does no necessarily imply there will be actions based on that and that will be bad only.

So we can not have one single answer for different beliefs . It depends on case to case. As a general rule which even u noted being tolerant to different beliefs is good and can make life rainbow-like colorful especially when different beliefs are not at all destructive/damaging.

Hi Hitesh Shah,

Variety is the spice of life

Not really looking for a single answer. More looking at by being more open and tolerate of one another, in general, then it seems to open myself up more.

Yes, each have his/her own unique ways and outlooks. Which makes interactions interesting.

Yes, can take and inspire actions. Can also give each a sense of dignity and respect.

Thank you for sharing