Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 25-12-2020, 12:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
The last two days i started to wake up (again) at 3:00-4:00 am.
One dream after another,migraines,and some interesting visions and meetings with characters that i've seen in vision in the past.

Anyone else?

Last night I had so many experiences.. so so many.. Visions, out of body experiences, lucid dreams.. 14 hours of sleep..
Old 25-12-2020, 04:25 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Indeed, every generation is concerned with this stuff. They all wanna believe that THEY in particular are a chosen people, living in very *special times*. Just them and the like minded ones, not the ''ignorant masses'' of course... only the true believers!! Trolololololol... it just never stops. Every generation you get people doing it all over again..

Ha. They never learn.

And there are always tricksters that make big money out of it. Christians, New Agers, Hare Krishnas, ufologists, conspiracy theorists, guru's..

Also agree. Plus, people get so insistent an expectation bias creeps in. Almost anything unusual about the day is "a sign".
Old 25-12-2020, 05:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Also agree. Plus, people get so insistent an expectation bias creeps in. Almost anything unusual about the day is "a sign".

Indeed so. I remember the countdown to 21-12-2012, loads of people believing that a new era would arise without turmoil and war. After a while it dawned to them that it didn't happen so they instead change the narrative to ''the change will take some time...''

They can NEVER be wrong. They think they are ALWAYS right. It's the same with astrology and people that believe everything their guru says. It's the same with religious people.. if things go their way it is ''God is with you, giving you success'' and if things fail then it's all ''We must suffer in this world''. IOW, they are never wrong.. LOL. It's worship of self, of an ego too proud and not willing to admit it can be wrong.

Happy Christmas, Lorelyen!
Old 27-12-2020, 12:28 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon
Funny, it seems to be the opposite for me. I see these promises as airy-fairy blather. There's several every single year, always promising some mass awakening. No evidence so far that any one of them has ever worked; especially with vast throngs of people still sitting on their couches watching the Ellen show. Christians have been predicting the imminent end of the world for millennia; new agers have been predicting the imminent awakening for as long as they've been around. Nothing ever happens so drastically. The awakening will be a slow evolutionary process over millennia, not something that a magical planet-being is going to suddenly poof into being with a wave of its wand. But these things make great click-bait, which is why they spread around so easily these days.
It's simple demand and supply, the people demand liberation from the ailments of the world and the saviours line up to supply their demand, as it has been for thousands of years. At least history had its genuine saviours, but then maybe this is humanity's opportunity to realise that "We are the Ones we have been waiting for."

“If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?” (Dogen)
Old 27-12-2020, 12:46 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Indeed so. I remember the countdown to 21-12-2012, loads of people believing that a new era would arise without turmoil and war. After a while it dawned to them that it didn't happen so they instead change the narrative to ''the change will take some time...''
Many people did believe and altough it wasn't the mass awakening it was hyped up to be, there were those who felt very distinct shifts around that time. Regardless, there was a mass consciousness of something beyond the mundane, even though people didn't believe it was still in their consciousness - you can't deny what isn't in your consciousness. You have 2012, the hype and how you perceived it in your consciousness, regardless of whether you believe it as the savior of mankind or not.

At the very least it shows that modern-day Spirituality has evolved past the need for stone circles and the like. Allegedly.
Old 17-02-2021, 11:48 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
Indeed, every generation is concerned with this stuff. They all wanna believe that THEY in particular are a chosen people, living in very *special times*. Just them and the like minded ones, not the ''ignorant masses'' of course... only the true believers!! Trolololololol... it just never stops. Every generation you get people doing it all over again..

Ha. They never learn.

And there are always tricksters that make big money out of it. Christians, New Agers, Hare Krishnas, ufologists, conspiracy theorists, guru's..
Well then, make 'em learn. Seriously. I'm not mocking you.

You're a cool dude.
Old 18-02-2021, 01:19 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:

Ha. They never learn.

Have you ever considered that they are? You claim they are tricksters, while they are helping people, helping themselves and their families, and providing real help to people in need. Some do it for profit? Yes. Others do not. They are all helping people in the end. Without diving into the argument of who these people are, we can evaluate the one thing that is certain in what your action shows. You are doing the very thing that you are claiming they are doing. You made a post, you are talking to a general audience, strangers at this very moment, and are claiming that these people are fraudsters. If it turns out that they are not, then that makes you a fraud. You took a official stance.

Neutral people do not have a opinion yet. You on the other hand are claiming that you do know, which is your right. It is my job to make you aware of what you are doing so that you can reevaluate your stance on this topic. Instead of judging and possibly limiting yourself, why not stop judging and follow their lead? Have you genuinely tried to do what they are doing, through their shoes, and seen the results yourself by following them? If not, why are you chastising them and leading others off their path?

All that being said, you could also go back to learning and seeing if perhaps you still don't know enough to make a proper judgement at this time. I mean what you are saying isn't wrong technically in a way, but in the grand scale of things, all truths are real. There is a version of you that choices to follow their lead, and there is a version that does not. Which version do you want to become? Seeing how you are on a spiritual forum, I would say pick wisely my friend.
Old 18-02-2021, 11:25 AM
Master
Jonathan, I don't see you put weight as to why 'they' could be right. Look through history or even more recent history (see 2012, see Jonestown). Belief in 'end times' and 'special times' are off all times because these beliefs provide meaning and hope to (some) people.
Old 06-03-2021, 03:38 PM
Pathfinder
Baddddd energy