Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 18-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Lepus

Lightbulb Insect Decline

Hello

I don't think anyone made a thread on this topic so I thought why not make it. And I've read an article in relation to this subject which is all the more reason to share it here with others. There's an analysis by researchers on insect decline. Reports suggests that insects are on decline worldwide because of pollution, habitat loss, over hunting, and global warming. They are certain that within a few decades most of the insect population will go extinct. Likely one third of all insects will be gone globally. Some insects are on decline at a faster rate than others. They believe that butterflies, moths, bees, beetles and aquatic insects will be the first to disappear. Insects play an important part of the ecosystem mainly by providing food for other species, spreading pollen, and controlling pests. All key factors for a biological ecosystem. Insects also play a role in the food chain. Without insects around the world other animals who rely on insects will start to decline and possibly face extinction. We can prevent this by creating a garden without the use of chemicals. It's going to provide a habitat for many insects and other wild animals. Start planting flowers for caterpillars, butterflies, and bees. Make a pile of dead wood for beetles. Beetles are important for eating other insect pests. Build a pond for aquatic insects. Anything that will help beneficial insects from going extinct.

Insect decline could cause 'collapse of nature'

Lepus
Old 20-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Master
I was reading about this the other day. Hopefully I can do some more in the
garden this year. Every little bit counts.
Old 20-02-2019, 03:18 PM
Master
We are slowly tipping over the edge. Heaven help us....

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 23-02-2019, 07:35 PM
Master
There was an article about the teachers joining the protest about climate and
the ecological crisis: link
Old 23-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Master
It feels like a completely hopeless development, this decline of insects. It will have profound consequences for all life. But this happens when you have global market systems and farmers having to produce and compete with the rest of the world. Pesticides and herbicides are common practice, and all life dies except a few sturdy ones (''weeds and pests'') and the crop that is accepted. We are destroying the web of life..

Just in recent days we've had very hot temperatures (12-16c) for this time of the year, when it should ideally actually be still below 10C. But most people think ''Oh there's sunshine, and I can get a tan now!'' That's how far most people's thinking goes. It's the same with their attitudes towards insects, people think it's great when there are less insects..

I find it really painful to even have to share this world with so many ignorant buffoons. What it all means spiritually is that those who are ''in charge'' are extremely incompetent. Personally I spare every fly and mosquito. And if people care about these matters they would have a proper garden with wildflowers, not just pointless green grass, manicured hedges, and stones..
Old 28-02-2019, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator
Yes something is wrong. We may not even notice insects a lot of the time, or what is happening to them, but apart from their own "right to live" they are vital for many birds, and many other processes of Nature.

I heard today that bees are possibly in a lot of danger here in UK at the moment. That's because we are having (and have had, for about a week or more) unseasonably HOT weather in February!
It has been more like May than February!
The bees will emerge, search for forage, probably not find enough -though there are some Spring flowers about ) then get hit by a sudden icy blast, and many will die.

This strange warm weather is also bound to affect other insect life. Eggs will hatch and possibly the newly-hatched will be killed when the weather turns cold again (which it most likely will do yet.)
Old 01-03-2019, 04:10 PM
Master
I saw some protesters today outside parliament. Just hope that they will be alright...
Old 09-03-2019, 08:30 PM
Lepus

Hello

Looks like the temperatures have finally increased over here. We had snow yesterday, however I believe we might get more snow with a mix of rain later today. But next week, we should get some sun and a clear sky.

We already planted seeds indoors. Once they sprout and blossom we should be able to plant them outdoors. Most likely around late April to May. When the temperature is warm.

I've read somewhere in an article (or maybe heard it from a video) that spring is getting short. In other words, spring will not last for so long. And it's likely here in the United States that spring will be cut short. I'm not sure about the other countries that go through all season. But I'm sure this will impact the environment and insects.

Glad I'm not the only one concerned here.

Lepus
Old 12-03-2019, 10:12 PM
Deactivated Account
All insects probably except for the one's we end up breeding for protein sources.
Though
I have a nice, thriving hive of native bees in my yard which I am grateful for... I hope they stick around for a very long time to come.
Old 13-03-2019, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart
I have a nice, thriving hive of native bees in my yard which I am grateful for... I hope they stick around for a very long time to come.
That is nice..
I feel really bad for what is happening to insects because of course they are an extremely important part of life, as well as beautiful by themselves..

I don't want to kill any insect. I accidentally injured a bug recently and it bothered me a lot..
I wanted to catch and release but it was a bit too forceful. Thankfully he/she could fly again after a few minutes.