Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 06-01-2021, 07:26 PM
Master

weird covid side effects

A friend of mine was dig. positive and .a few days later I felt bad for a few days , but never got a test .This was a month or two ago . Now i keep smelling cig. smoke ( low level ) . Others around me do not smell smoke . I have never smoked . I dont think this is serious enough to put it in the long haulers class , but do find it strange .
Old 06-01-2021, 07:31 PM
Master
hey desert rat! do you still do a predictions post anywhere? I used to love to read your stuff. I don't remember which user name I had at the time, but it was either starchild or jobun.

anyway, next time you go to the doctor, have them do an antibody check if you are having blood drawn.

stay healthy
Old 06-01-2021, 08:32 PM
Master

I have all ways used desert rat . Never done a prediction post.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:32 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
A friend of mine was dig. positive and .a few days later I felt bad for a few days , but never got a test .This was a month or two ago . Now i keep smelling cig. smoke ( low level ) . Others around me do not smell smoke . I have never smoked . I dont think this is serious enough to put it in the long haulers class , but do find it strange .
...Hi... I was in hospital very poorly last year... I'm Certain it was covid... I still have some symptoms of it nearly 3 months later... And my smell has altered. I keep smelling the food in the fridge, and throwing it away , thinking it's off. Then I realised the food might be fine , it could just be "me". They do say , that loss or alteration of taste and smell is definitely a sign of covid. When I was in hospital , a lady woke up one day , and could not smell or taste anything. They tested her, and the other 3 patients ( including me)... All negative, but I would keep an eye on it. It won't hurt to ask medical advice...... ( On the other hand, smelling cigarette or cigar smoke is a good indication that spirit of a loved one is around )....
Old 07-01-2021, 12:51 PM
Master

I had a girl friend that smoked die a number of years ago and the thought of her ghost did come to mind ,but I think this is covid related and not her . First I thought it was a neghbor , but as I smell this all the time and any were I go it must be me . its light as if some one is smoking at some distance .
Old 07-01-2021, 01:44 PM
Elfin

Quote:
I had a girl friend that smoked die a number of years ago and the thought of her ghost did come to mind ,but I think this is covid related and not her . First I thought it was a neghbor , but as I smell this all the time and any were I go it must be me . its light as if some one is smoking at some distance .
That's very sad about your girlfriend. It won't do any harm to get checked out... Have you tried smelling/ tasting things in your home, cheese, milk , cooked meat etc , to see if that's different... I'm smelling and tasting things differently, but they reckon you lose your taste/ smell altogether... Although the virus is developing different strains/ variants all the time, so I'm thinking the symptoms might alter and change slightly too... I would seriously at least phone a doctor's helpline to get advice.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:31 PM
Master

I never lost my smell or taste . My lungs hurt for a few days and that was about it . We took my friend because she passed out. They only kept her for a few hours because they were full . As I wasn't that I'll I didn't see the point it getting checked out. I used some methods of visualization , maybe this helped , maybe I am just a tough guy.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:17 PM
Elfin

Quote:
I never lost my smell or taste . My lungs hurt for a few days and that was about it . We took my friend because she passed out. They only kept her for a few hours because they were full . As I wasn't that I'll I didn't see the point it getting checked out. I used some methods of visualization , maybe this helped , maybe I am just a tough guy.
...I'm sure you are a tough guy... !!!.... But please don't ignore things if it gets any worse , I ignored things for too long, and ended up in hospital for 2 weeks on oxygen.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:23 PM
ketzer

Quote:

Somewhat strange, but then this seems to be a really strange virus. People talk about getting covid brain where they can't think straight for weeks/months afterward. Smell is in the end actually in the brain, not the nose, so perhaps you are having olfactory memories being triggered by mistake. Cigs stink so that would really suck I suppose.

You may have to take up smoking to get used to the smell.

If you get tested, and don't mind, let us know. It will be interesting to know if that may be behind it.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:25 PM
Master

This virus is strange in the fact that half the people that get it never know they have it 1/4 get moderate symptoms and last 1/4 get deathly ill. There are theories on this. My friend was a lot sicker than me and the hospital only kept her for a few hours.