Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-12-2020, 02:46 AM
Guide
Kindle the flame

I've been studying the act of loving for some time now. I'm trying to be the best lover I can be. I think love is the strongest force in the universe, after all everyone wants support, love, and nourishment. Its what guides us all, it is our drive. No one seeks what they hate. Everyone wants what they love.

I've learned a few things whilst seeking. I've discovered in my relationships that people have the ability to feed and nurture traits, abilities, and attitudes in their partners, friends and families. We all know that giving praise encourages development. For example when my partner is giving me love and I want more I see that I can give her praise which nurtures her act of loving me. I can say "Baby, your love is unlike anyone's I've met, when you love me I feel like heaven". This way I encourage her, and she may think she is special which feeds her acts of loving me, and feeds her ability to love." Feeding is a special gift we have and most of us are unaware of our potential to feed. We can feed almost anything, if the person is open to it, and if the person does not have what we are feeding then it plants a seed. Seeds, like already established abilities, can be nurtured tenderly.

Reasons also feed. For example lets say someone is very defiant, abusive and cruel to people. "The ones no one love's are the one's who need it the most" is an excellent reason to love a lost soul. That love you give them will open them up to you, making them receptive to you, then you can make a difference.

Abilities are important to feed as well. Lets say your child is learning something, you could say "wow, you are a better learner then I thought." That action will go right into him and nurture his intelligence. He will be proud, which feeds, he'll believe it which also feeds, and he'll become smarter.

Love itself also feeds but in a different way. I love to help people and am proud of it. My love of helping people feeds it in me, which makes me do it more. Love is very sustaining, the things we love get fed as result, and thus we work to sustain them. We encourage the things we love and care about. Love, in a way, is light, it makes things grow. Love itself nurtures, and feeds, it is a positive force that generates that which is under it's light. Hate is the opposite, we discourage those things, it blocks the light so those things do not grow and develop.

Last edited by Kerubiel : 27-12-2020 at 03:40 AM.
Old 27-12-2020, 03:18 AM
Master
That’s quite lovely to read.

Love is a doing word until one can ‘just be’ love.

Then you respond as you are in any situation.
Old 27-12-2020, 11:35 AM
Master
For better or worst, we are all feeding each other. We give to each other the work, or lack of work, that we have done on ourselves; maturity verses immaturity. It depends on what we embrace. But to love without a reason to love, to love when there is no one to love, to love, without and object or person to love. Love has the ability to stand on its own, without the need to have something, or someone, to love. In this respect there is no possessiveness and there is no jealousy.

Love is a bridge that joins people, and things, together. It is the fabric of our deeper spiritual being. Love on that level is intoxicating, and can also be overwhelming. We humans acknowledge different kinds of love, i.e. the love of a parent, love of a child, love of a lover or spouse, romantic love, love of country, or love of and inanimate object, love of certain events or time of year, etc, etc., etc. The only love which I have found eternal is spiritual love, as it is unconditional. It does not love one person more than another. Although other variations of love can be fulfilling as well.
Old 27-12-2020, 12:05 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
I've been studying the act of loving for some time now. I'm trying to be the best lover I can be. I think love is the strongest force in the universe, after all everyone wants support, love, and nourishment. Its what guides us all, it is our drive. No one seeks what they hate. Everyone wants what they love.

I've learned a few things whilst seeking. I've discovered in my relationships that people have the ability to feed and nurture traits, abilities, and attitudes in their partners, friends and families. We all know that giving praise encourages development. For example when my partner is giving me love and I want more I see that I can give her praise which nurtures her act of loving me. I can say "Baby, your love is unlike anyone's I've met, when you love me I feel like heaven". This way I encourage her, and she may think she is special which feeds her acts of loving me, and feeds her ability to love." Feeding is a special gift we have and most of us are unaware of our potential to feed. We can feed almost anything, if the person is open to it, and if the person does not have what we are feeding then it plants a seed. Seeds, like already established abilities, can be nurtured tenderly.

Reasons also feed. For example lets say someone is very defiant, abusive and cruel to people. "The ones no one love's are the one's who need it the most" is an excellent reason to love a lost soul. That love you give them will open them up to you, making them receptive to you, then you can make a difference.

Abilities are important to feed as well. Lets say your child is learning something, you could say "wow, you are a better learner then I thought." That action will go right into him and nurture his intelligence. He will be proud, which feeds, he'll believe it which also feeds, and he'll become smarter.

Love itself also feeds but in a different way. I love to help people and am proud of it. My love of helping people feeds it in me, which makes me do it more. Love is very sustaining, the things we love get fed as result, and thus we work to sustain them. We encourage the things we love and care about. Love, in a way, is light, it makes things grow. Love itself nurtures, and feeds, it is a positive force that generates that which is under it's light. Hate is the opposite, we discourage those things, it blocks the light so those things do not grow and develop.
To love someone 'defiant, cruel and abusive' may be very commendable but also, obviously, very challenging! I think that a first step towards this would be understanding - compassion - e.g. as to the bigger picture and why they are behaving that way.

Also the love expressed would need to be genuine, i.e. heart felt, rather than done out of a good intention that does not really ring true to self. This is because such people are more likely to be distrustful and test any expressed love.
Old 28-12-2020, 08:40 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
That’s quite lovely to read.

Love is a doing word until one can ‘just be’ love.

Then you respond as you are in any situation.

That sounds quite lovely. I am trying to understand it better. For me I dont love everything, there are many things I hate. I suppose hate is love too. Maybe everything is love?
Old 28-12-2020, 08:43 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
For better or worst, we are all feeding each other. We give to each other the work, or lack of work, that we have done on ourselves; maturity verses immaturity. It depends on what we embrace. But to love without a reason to love, to love when there is no one to love, to love, without and object or person to love. Love has the ability to stand on its own, without the need to have something, or someone, to love. In this respect there is no possessiveness and there is no jealousy.

Love is a bridge that joins people, and things, together. It is the fabric of our deeper spiritual being. Love on that level is intoxicating, and can also be overwhelming. We humans acknowledge different kinds of love, i.e. the love of a parent, love of a child, love of a lover or spouse, romantic love, love of country, or love of and inanimate object, love of certain events or time of year, etc, etc., etc. The only love which I have found eternal is spiritual love, as it is unconditional. It does not love one person more than another. Although other variations of love can be fulfilling as well.

Yes I agree, love can stand on its own.

Unconditional love is great. I disagree that we should not love another more. I see that people are worthy of love, through their actions or likewise unworthy. I love worthy people more.
Old 28-12-2020, 08:44 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
To love someone 'defiant, cruel and abusive' may be very commendable but also, obviously, very challenging! I think that a first step towards this would be understanding - compassion - e.g. as to the bigger picture and why they are behaving that way.

Also the love expressed would need to be genuine, i.e. heart felt, rather than done out of a good intention that does not really ring true to self. This is because such people are more likely to be distrustful and test any expressed love.

I agree, understanding is big. This way you can address wounds that the cruel person has and may be acting from. Past choices to remake etc.
Old 28-12-2020, 08:44 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate

I agree, understanding is big. This way you can address wounds that the cruel person has and may be acting from. Past choices to remake etc.
Old 28-12-2020, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
That sounds quite lovely. I am trying to understand it better. For me I dont love everything, there are many things I hate. I suppose hate is love too. Maybe everything is love?

I don’t hate anything.

Everything you have any strong ‘feeling’ towards is an opportunity to open up Clarity of being. Where you no longer hold sides as yourself. As far as love goes, I suppose it’s that inner ‘light’ that you turn on to reflect outwardly what we all can be more clear and open too.

Love in this way is our spiritual nature awakened as the human experience.

Love for me is now is an expression of myself as I’ve come to know myself.

People call it self love, but really we are just removing obstacles and remembering the true essence without containment.

So if I respond in kind to others I’m giving them permission to remember what they are. With children they will never forget if their role models nurture what is as it is. Love what is through, acceptance and without their own deficit projecting into the child.
Old 28-12-2020, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes I agree, love can stand on its own.

Unconditional love is great. I disagree that we should not love another more. I see that people are worthy of love, through their actions or likewise unworthy. I love worthy people more.

But...why wouldn’t you as the unworthy one love that part of yourself?

Your response reveals someone who holds conditional love.

Of course I’m relating this back to the unconditional love you are..