Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 26-10-2020, 05:13 AM
Master
🙄 REIKI SYMBOLS 🙄

The first Reiki symbol is the Choku Rei symbol. This symbol is great to use for empowering, cleansing, and protecting. This symbol has the seven Chakras superimposed on the Chku Rei symbol (some might see 8 Chakras).

Have you used this symbol?

If you have, please share your experiences.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-10-2020, 09:42 PM
Master
I never heard of the chakras being associated with that symbol before. Interesting. Yes I use it for local contact reiki and the distance symbol for remote reiki.

Reiki is a powerful way to stream life force energy from Source to whoever needs it and wants it. It's like an adapter that helps me connect quickly and also boosts the connection I have already. The symbol has been charged with healing intention (as well as the words that go with it) so it's a great tool. When the link is strong and the person is in need, the energy comes in so hot that I need to remember to wear only a T-shirt because I break out into a sweat. But it's a nice feeling, like being in a sauna, and just as healing for me as for the recipient.

Reiki is also a way of life and it's wonderful to stream this energy whenever I see a situation that needs healing - like passing an ambulence on a highway. But the most powerful one I have found is hand to body, actually touching the person because we have chakras in our palms and so there is a direct conduit there that is very physical as well as through the subtle energy.
Old 27-10-2020, 05:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I never heard of the chakras being associated with that symbol before. Interesting. Yes I use it for local contact reiki and the distance symbol for remote reiki.

Reiki is a powerful way to stream life force energy from Source to whoever needs it and wants it. It's like an adapter that helps me connect quickly and also boosts the connection I have already. The symbol has been charged with healing intention (as well as the words that go with it) so it's a great tool. When the link is strong and the person is in need, the energy comes in so hot that I need to remember to wear only a T-shirt because I break out into a sweat. But it's a nice feeling, like being in a sauna, and just as healing for me as for the recipient.

Reiki is also a way of life and it's wonderful to stream this energy whenever I see a situation that needs healing - like passing an ambulence on a highway. But the most powerful one I have found is hand to body, actually touching the person because we have chakras in our palms and so there is a direct conduit there that is very physical as well as through the subtle energy.

YOU ARE ABSOLUELY RIGHT!

The Chakras are not normally associated with that symbol. I was lazy and used the easiest symbol I could use which had the Chakras superimposed.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-10-2020, 08:24 AM
Master
The second Reiki symbol is the Sei Hei Ki symbol. She is used to bring about emotion balance, peace and harmony, balance both sides of the brain, free one self of distressed and blocked emotions, and to help facilitate forgiveness.

Have you used this symbol?

If you have, please share your experiences.

Old 01-11-2020, 07:02 PM
Seeker

Perspectives on Reiki symbols

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The first Reiki symbol is the Choku Rei symbol. This symbol is great to use for empowering, cleansing, and protecting. This symbol has the seven Chakras superimposed on the Chku Rei symbol (some might see 8 Chakras).

Thanks Big John, this is a very interesting thread, and it got me reflecting how far into the mainstream Reiki, and associated symbols, have come.

When I received my first attunement, Reiki was virtually unknown, a class for each level cost hundreds of dollars, and the symbols were known only to Reiki Masters and to those they attuned to them.

Then Diane Stein published the symbols in her book “Essential Reiki” in the mid-90’s and Genie was out of the bottle. Then internet came along and “poof”, they became widely known.

William Rand introduced his “Karuna Reiki” and many other Reiki based modalities and symbols were introduced around then as well. So many in fact, that Innerlight and I introduced “cupcake Reiki” here on SF about 10 years ago or so, as a “spoof” on the exploding trend of these.

When first introduced to me, I was taught the symbols by writing them on paper until I had mastered the symbol. Once I had done that, the paper symbols were then burned by my Reiki Master to release their energies back into the Universe.

Depending upon your perspective, the evolution of Reiki has been a boon to the world, a total dilution of Usui’s intention of Reiki, or something somewhere in between.

Mikao Usui taught that each Reiki symbol had a very specific intention and purpose. The cho ku rei = power, sei hei ki = mental/emotional harmony, Hon sha ze sho nen = distance, Dai ko myo = the master symbol used to give attunements to their students. The raku symbol is sometimes thought (and taught by many) to be part of the Usui reiki modality, but that is incorrect. Usui came off of that mountain with only the 4 symbols.

Reiki can be as traditional or as individualistic for you as you wish. Outside of what Makio Usui taught, everything else is someone else’s “spin” or addition to the concept of the Reiki thought of universal life force energy. And all are connected via the science of Quantum mechanics.

So, depending on your perspective or what you have read or how you were taught, any symbol “could” be used to help you to focus your intention on any specific thing. And intention is arguably the cornerstone of Reiki.

“Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge… is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world. It requires profound purpose larger than the self kind of understanding.”

― Bill Bullard
Old 09-11-2020, 08:32 PM
Pathfinder

Good post! Things have changed a lot. Now people can attune themselves.I was also taught that the Raku was part of the symbols that Makio Usui taught. It was to be used at the end of the writing of the symbols to shut off the flow of the energy. We were told not to forget to do it. When I was attuned, I had an experience I will never forget. My attunement came from the masters at a distance. I was ready at the appointed time it was to take place. I was lying down at home. I felt something shift in my solar plexus, and heard a grating noise and I had a feeling it was similar to a manhole cover moving towards its hole, and in my case, it was adjusting my chakras.
Then I saw Makio Usui and he flooded my vision with Japanese symbols, and he smiled at me in warm welcome. Oh, how I wish I knew Japanese other than the symbols we have been taught.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:42 PM
Pathfinder

I use the cho ku rei every day of my life. I use it in healing, of course. I use it to seal doors and windows and for clearing a room and cleaning my crystals, to drawing it on top of the car before I get in the car. I also use it when I ask for light from the Universal Source for protection. It is given immediately.

These days, some masters are teaching students to "draw" the symbols in their minds instead of with their hands. I find it works just as well, and I like that no one is the wiser to what I am doing. :) It takes some getting used to and you have to concentrate, but once you start, it gets easier.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:46 PM
Pathfinder

There are other symbols from other teachings, and one I really like and it is powerful is Fire Serpent. Another one that is good to use is Zonar. These are good for room clearing.
Old 04-01-2021, 11:13 AM
Master
I use them all when doing a reiki sessions, including the master reiki symbol.

It’s interesting but each one does generate an energy differently, I often find the master one kicks it up another notch.

Maybe it’s all in my mind?

Anyhow feedback tells me it’s affectively supporting in some way.
Old 16-01-2021, 12:14 AM
Seeker

I like the Tibetan master symbol even though I was trained in orthodox practice.I believe most if not all, of these energy styles originated from there.Usui was a Buddhist, so he would have known about them as well.