Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 08-07-2014, 01:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
I am curious about Reiki. If you practice Reiki (or even if you don't) why are attunements so important? Do you really learn that much in the short Reiki classes that people offer? I am so skeptical of people charging 300-400 dollars for a day or weekend of information that is quite likely available for free elsewhere. Then they up the price for each consecutive attunement. And these people are certified in what way? Because someone else also chanted some words over their head at one point? I've never really been terribly tuned in with ritual or tradition, so maybe it's just my own emotions not allowing me to fully believe. But what are other people's opinions on Reiki attunements? Can you practice Reiki and become good at it with no formal attunements or classes? I would love to one day practice it, but could never spend that kind of money. Especially when I'm so skeptical of the technique.

You need attunements if you wish to practice reiki as thou it is a certain kind of universal energy, without the attunements one cant channel that "specific" energy thou one can without attunements channel other universal energies eg the prana around us all.

Its the correct symbols which enable people to channel reiki. If someone has given another an attunement and one of the symbols was a bit off, the person may be channelling something completely different ie attuned to something else.

Reiki is traditionally charged for as it was originally found if given freely, that people werent appreciative of receiving the gift of being able to channel this energy, they didnt give it the respect it deserved. Hence the situation in which a price put onto receiving this gift came about (its a spiritually good thing to have graditude for all we receive).

If you have any issue with paying the price and making sure you are attuned to actual reiki, I suggest you look into other forms of healing with energy eg spiritual healing.

There is also that femimine Egyptian energy which some people get attuned too (they usually charge too).. cant remember what its called but it starts with "S", that's nice too but isnt traditional reiki at all thou they put reiki in its name as well.

If you want to be attuned to the traditional energy of "reiki", make sure you have a good reiki teacher.. an approved one! or if you are a sensitive make sure you know what the energy signature of what reiki feels like and that the energy the other is giving out when doing it, matches it.

You can learn to channel energy for healing from one of the spiritualist churches for probably free (or something like a gold coin donation). Many of those just use divine white light and allow themselves to channel it.

If you want to not just be only a "vessel" for energy to run throu and work actively rather then passively and learn how to work on things like chakras and the energy field. I suggest to go for something like Pranic healing as per Master Choa Kok Sui's techniques (he's deceased now but has teachers around the world). Unfortunately this has a cost too but one does get a ton of info given which is needed if one wants to actively work with energy (and of cause there are room hire costs, the teachers time and everything they have to pay so one cant expect them to hold a 3 day basic healing class for free!!.

Note the pranic healing ..basic healing classes throu that school of teaching are very advanced compared to other forms of healing. You should leave there able to scan energy bodies, chakras, know how to safely bring energy in etc etc and would of had quite a bit of practice at doing so.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
wstein made a statement that reiki attunements can interfere with other forms of energy. i'm not quite sure what is meant-i'd need further explanation, but i also do crystal healing and they are compatible. i think where you might run into trouble is when you mix reiki with other forms.

From my own experience with pranic healing (we sometimes use a crystal to make it stronger during that so it's then crystal pranic healing), it isnt compatible to all forms of crystal healing.

(see my other post on this thread).

Any other form in which is which one is using "will" with in the healing rather then passively allowing the energies to just flow, it may be incompatible with. I assume it would be safe thou with all other passive forms of healing including passive types of crystal healing.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Something I need to make clear. In addition to making for easy and reliable activation for the flow healing energy, the attunements also constrain the energy in a way to avoid many of dangers associated with untrained energy use.

Quote:
Third, the flow of energy is always out the palms, not easily allowing for taking, transmuting, or balancing energy.

The poster was talking about reiki in the above quote. I'd like to point out that reiki channels dont need to worry about this as they dont like drain out of the energy. A reiki channel will have the reiki also feeding themselves reiki naturally, as they are doing reiki on another. The reiki healer doesnt have to worry about over loading the other with too much reiki or becoming drained oneself.

The reiki flow of energy itself slows down when the others need has been met. Its self controlling.

Quote:
Another issue is that they often teach that the energy can never harm (which it can).

agree, people should be being warned not to mix it with other healing methods in which will is used. I was never told it could be unsafe hence my bad experience with it.

Quote:
The Reiki community at large seem unaware of field type energy work (Reiki is flow). Most of medical intuition, enhancing perception, and energy defense is field based. Habits of use and combined with easily triggered sigils make this kind of stuff more difficult.

Reiki is something which lots of people grow from, it can be the like the start of the persons path one could say. It can trigger off a lot of spiritual development for some and end up leading people into more advanced forms of doing healing.

So thou I do agree that the reiki community in general are very naive in knowledge re energy and our energy bodies etc (they can do healing with reiki without that knowledge). I do personally think reiki has been a very good lead into things for many, it does help to alter consciousness to lead to then other things.

Reiki is great in the way that it does avoid the of dangers associated with untrained energy use (that is when its used alone).

Using energy and using will as in some other forms of energy healing, can and do easily pose dangers to anothers if one doesnt know properly what they are doing (not well trained). An untrained person doing an active energy form, who is able to strongly use energy (note..the bigger ones chakras the more powerful their ability to use energy) could even kill another.

Anyone learning active energy forms should have a good guide/teacher (for some they may be strongly guided by their own inner guidence or guides). Its not something to play around with without any guidence, if one doesnt know what they are doing
Old 08-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
Pranic Healing as taught by Master Choa Kok Sui. I once mixed my reiki with pranic healing methods, the result of doing that was I made the one I did the healing start throwing up blood (I was still sending energy when that happened, of cause I stopped as soon as that occurred), he had to be rushed to hospital.

He was throwing up so much blood it was scary (we had to grab a bucket while someone went and got their car to rush him there). Note he hadnt even been sick. It was someone disabled with celebal palsy I'd been working on. I seriously thought the guy may die (to this day I do not know what ended up happening to that guy once he was in hospital. I have no sense thou I killed him).

I will NEVER mix methods again. Both these Im experienced with and can safely use on their own. (Pranic healing thou can be dangerous if used wrongly, I did nothing at all different in my healing except use my reiki with it)

I had always been told that reiki was completely safe and hadnt been told to never bring in reiki too at the same time while using another energy method.

Wait.. pranic healing? How does that differ from reiki? You see I do some sort of reiki on myself sometimes (spontaneous thing again) but I thought that and pranic healing were the same? I have no idea now.. maybe I'm doing pranic healing instead?
Old 08-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Experiencer
I am a Reiki Tummo master, which is a bit different from the more well known Reiki Usui. I see the attunement as a shortcut to energy channeling instead of going through years of practice and development to get be able to channel a decent amount of energy. Everyone can channel energy, an attunement amplifies that ability and also attunes you to that specific Reiki energy frequency. The reason why Reiki is safe is because it is said that it is smart energy and will only work were it's needed. If the practitioner is doing it correctly then the Reiki energy will go where it's needed and will automatically stop the energy flow if the work is done or if that is all you were meant to do. I have people create energy balls before and after the attunement so they can feel the difference in energy output. After the attunement the psi balls get bigger.

I mix energies all the time and have never had any issues in my 11 years of energy work. I do agree that a lot of people charge a ridiculous amount for the classes and attunements, I have never charged for either one... well I will start charging now because I am opening up a nonprofit spiritual center and it needs to pay for itself, but I will never charge those high prices.

Is an attunement necessary? No.
Is it benificial? Yes.
Can you channel Reiki without an attunement? Not that I know of.
Can you channel other types of universal energy without an attunement? Yes.

For those curious to know what Reiki Tummo is; it's a Tibetan style of Reiki that uses all 7 major Chakras to channel energy. A Tummo practitioner will pull Earth energy through the Root Chakra and Reiki energy through the Crown Chakra mixing both energies in the Heart Chakra and redirecting it through the arms and out through the hands. A level 2 practitioner will have his/her Kundalini awoken during the 2nd attunement, so a lv2 Tummo practitioner will channel 3 combined energies (Earth, Reiki and Kundalini). Tummo focuses more on spiritual development and the Kundalini awakening plays a major part in that. I have done Tummo attunements to Reiki Usui masters and they feel the difference and so tho their patients.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:53 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
I am curious about Reiki. If you practice Reiki (or even if you don't) why are attunements so important? Do you really learn that much in the short Reiki classes that people offer? I am so skeptical of people charging 300-400 dollars for a day or weekend of information that is quite likely available for free elsewhere. Then they up the price for each consecutive attunement. And these people are certified in what way? Because someone else also chanted some words over their head at one point? I've never really been terribly tuned in with ritual or tradition, so maybe it's just my own emotions not allowing me to fully believe. But what are other people's opinions on Reiki attunements? Can you practice Reiki and become good at it with no formal attunements or classes? I would love to one day practice it, but could never spend that kind of money. Especially when I'm so skeptical of the technique.

We humans love organization and so when it comes to something like religions or the Reiki healing discipline we are strongly attracted. Through these we can improve ourselves and help others.

But here is a deeper truth...

Through proper meditation any one of us can heal much more efficiently than any Reiki "master". The ability to manulipate energy is not something that can be taught for a fee. The true spiritual gifts are free for all. Does someone promise spiritual power in exchange for money? Think twice before believing this. The common argument is that it is OK for an equal exchange to be asked for and made. Yes but when money is involved we close the door to the power that heals. Believe me. I know. If you find someone who will teach without wanting money in return then perhaps you've found a true master.

No adept or master would ever ask for money.

Spirituality is not for sale. Please think twice before giving money to anyone who promises spiritual power in return. It simply will not happen. The Reiki folks are well meaning but beguiled. When God created the universe He did not set aside a band of energies calling them "Reiki" in anticipation of some future day when some person would tune into them. No. "Reiki" is purely man made.

note: The spiritual ability that causes healings is relatively low. In the high levels such things are avioded in favor of more important objectives. Jesus only healed to show people that He was telling the truth in His assertions.

True healing is always instantaneous. No temporal training can impart this kind of ability to anyone. These are matters of spiritual initiations which are never for sale.

Forgive me for speaking truth. We need to hear it.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Wait.. pranic healing? How does that differ from reiki? You see I do some sort of reiki on myself sometimes (spontaneous thing again) but I thought that and pranic healing were the same? I have no idea now.. maybe I'm doing pranic healing instead?

You arent doing reiki on yourself unless you were attuned to it as otherwise you dont channel that energy "reiki" but another. (that's fine as long as its a good energy or neutral energy). Everyone doesnt need to be channellling "reiki", there is lots of different energies one can tune into to channel. You may be simply just channelling "prana" and not focused on a specific energy or using a higher divine frequency energy or whatever (intent comes into things here).

The pranic healing I was refering to was a certain method of healing which is why I think I put it was "Choa Kok Sui's" pranic healing method. Its a certain form of healing, not just channelling energy. I can tell another pranic healer of the school Ive been taught throu by watching their method, the way they scan, the way they work on on the energy and the persons energy body.

There are many different methods of healing with using energy and each are done differently.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew

True healing is always instantaneous. No temporal training can impart this kind of ability to anyone. These are matters of spiritual initiations which are never for sale.

Forgive me for speaking truth. We need to hear it.

I'd like to say that Ive had instantaneous healing with reiki, thou who knows maybe it was my state of disbelief at that fact I'd cut myself that badly which helped my finger. I'd cut myself down to the bone, both my father and I saw this, my finger was gapping, I'd grabbed it in shock/disbelief at what we'd just seen and started doing reiki. (I think I was just standing there holding it tight and shaking my head saying "no!" "no!" "no!" ( i just dont cut myself like that! I was having a very hard time accepting it).

We decided to take another look at it before taking me to the hospital, amazingly the cut was GONE!! even more amazingly, no blood was even showing on the finger. (my father who doesnt believe in this stuff at that point goes "we both must of imagined it". No way thou, I saw that so clearly, it made me feel sick to see it, yuck).

I personally seen wonders done with reiki healing with things which have just occurred, I once healed my ankle while in an ambulance (it doesnt work well for me thou if an injury has been there for a while).
Old 21-07-2014, 02:17 PM
TheAngel

Smile

Both of my Reiki attunements were great spiritual “experiences” for me. I saw and felt things that were pleasing to me .I have always been a channel in ways and if I want to heal or channel energy on my own ,the energy I channel is a much higher frequency than the Reiki energy .For me Reiki goes through my heart but for my own healing it seems to flow from my crown /third eye and straight into my palms (I suppose I would call it angel healing ).It also feels much more energetic in ways ,very hot almost .Speaking of which I feel like my ears are burning today....

Last edited by TheAngel : 21-07-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 22-07-2014, 12:18 PM
Experiencer

This has been very enlightening. Thanks everyone!

I really appreciate hearing the different types of energy healing available. The Tibetan one has peaked my interest!

Healing definitely doesn't sound like the type of thing I would want to get into before I am ready! Really I would like to go back to massage therapy and finish my training before I really started considering energy healing. Just because I have always had this idea in my mind about mastering the physical space before moving past it into the energy realms (perhaps for my own sense of grounding or something).

Those who have spoken about mixing healing energies: is this something you can only do intentionally? Or can the energies be mixed accidentally? For example: say you are doing pranic healing, and you've had reiki attunements, could the reiki energy potentially be mixed into the pranic healing unaware?

And another side topic: does anybody practice martial arts? I am curious if they also have any correlation or even interference on energy healing work. Would any martial art be particularly beneficial on the healing path?