Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 17-11-2011, 05:28 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
I did have brain dysfunction kind of problem where certain brain receptors were damaged and were under-responsive, requiring huge amounts of "juice"

Hi & thanks for the info.

I have looked into different nutritional theories. Personally - I see my 'condition' primarily as spiritual emergence/emergency - but as involving multiple & complex personal & environmental factors; on many levels.

I have seen & worked with a nutritionist. I am aware of the importance of a healthy & balanced diet - I personally however do not see this as a main resolution to things; but rather as something that can help as part of a multi-faceted approach. Primarily I see things in terms of a psychological/spiritual crisis - ideally needing comprehensive psychological/spiritual & social help & support. I do though realise the importance & grounding nature of regular good food.

I maintain the neuroleptic drug; despite not liking to take it; as it does keep me on a balanced level; & gives me a degree of functioning & quality of life that I do not have when I have stopped taking it.

Thanks again.
Old 17-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualized
I have looked into different nutritional theories. Personally - I see my 'condition' primarily as spiritual emergence/emergency - but as involving multiple & complex personal & environmental factors; on many levels. .

Spiritualized--I think you're absolutely right. That was what I didn't say--that after the physical imbalances are corrected, at the base of the problem is a spiritual/thought problem imbalance, usually involving fear. So both have to be approached at the same time.

But, to be clear, this isn't "balanced eating" or nutritional, but supplementation with amino acids. Of course you still have to have balanced everything else. For me, the imbalances were so great that alone wouldn't correct the problems.

Hope your search is productive.

IsleWalker - Lora
Old 20-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Coming2

This topic hit me very strongly because I have experienced all of these things. I understand the problems someone faces when they are sensitive and have mental health issues too. It is very easy to be labeled schizophrenic when the reality is that we are just in tune with the other side. I was diagnosed with it when I was much younger and spent almost 15 years on unneeded and unnecessary medication. I also know how a person can use alcohol, drugs and smoking to maintain psychiatric illnesses. We use these things in an order to control the symptoms rather than doing it for the high so to speak. Eventually we become hooked and the cravings and physical dependancy keep us stuck in a very dangerous cycle. It has taken me many years to come off of all the medication and to stop the other self destructive things I was doing. There is a blog/website that I got alot of helpful info on and it has alot of material on self healing, spirituality and reiki. It also talks about how to wean yourself off of meds. I do not recommend that without a doctors help but with the right support it can be done. What I found was that I was not my illness and my illness was not a result of a break in my psyche. I was just sensitive and in the process of trying to understand that I went to the wrong people for help. Instead of being nurtured with my gifts I was put on medication to remove the symptoms of something that was just a natural part of who I am. Obviously this doesnt apply to everyone so it is imperative to seek help before making any decision to come off of any type of medication. The withdrawals are terrible and can kill you if you are not careful and dont do it very slowly.

I wish you the best on your journey. Just remember that you are not your illness and it doesnt define you. It could be that your gifts has been hampered by medication and then again it is possible that you truly need them. Unfortunately the only way to really know is to try and come off of them and see how it feels. You have to be very aware of the withdrawal process and how it makes you feel. You literally feel bonkers for a long time before you start to level off.

As far as the smoking is concerned, dont kick yourself too hard over it. It is a process and first things first.

The site I spoke about is called BeyondMeds.com
Old 20-11-2011, 10:57 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coming2
I wish you the best on your journey. Just remember that you are not your illness and it doesnt define you. It could be that your gifts has been hampered by medication and then again it is possible that you truly need them. Unfortunately the only way to really know is to try and come off of them and see how it feels. You have to be very aware of the withdrawal process and how it makes you feel. You literally feel bonkers for a long time before you start to level off.

As far as the smoking is concerned, dont kick yourself too hard over it. It is a process and first things first.

The site I spoke about is called BeyondMeds.com

Thanks coming2. Well done for getting off all the meds. You understand the difficulties & complexities involved.

I was hospitalised 4 times & went through 7 very severe & long breakdowns/episodes of psychosis. It is all very complex & individual issues. I stopped all medications successfully twice - then after being put on a very high dose of neuroleptics at the age of 25; have been unable to come off them - despite 3 attempts at stopping.

I feel very damaged from things.

I love the beyond meds site - I've looked at countless web sites on the subjects of mental health & spirituality - read many many books on these subjects; & chatted at great length with a lot of people. Among other things.

I feel utterly dependant on this medication & tobacco. I feel like I need a miracle. I know that I'd need a lot more support & help to be able to address the smoking & medication dependency - support that I don't currently have. It's very hard.

I fluctuate with depression/utter despair/hopelessness with things; to a lot of anxiety, & also a lot of sleep issues; & a lot of physical ailments. Some moments/days I also feel OK. All things considered I cope & function well given what I've gone through. But I don't feel that well; & it's hard to see how I can make a major breakthrough with things.
Old 20-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Coming2

Spirit what I can tell you is that it does get better. The thing I want to impress on you though is that it just might be something you are going to have to accept about your life. Ya know?? Do the medications cause you problems?? Do you have unwanted side effects from them?? If not then why do you want off of them so badly?? I completely understand the need and want, believe me. I really do but I had a very wise person tell me once that there are some things in life that we must just accept and then move on in the most positive direction we can dealing with the situation. Coming off meds takes a really long time. It took me 3 years to come off the Lamictal. I had to find holistic approaches to fight the depression, which I still have, and introduce things into my life that were not easy to do. I guess I am saying it takes alot of work. Thing is that sometimes in life we need those things to keep going. There is no shame in that Spirit. It is just your lot, so to speak. As it was mine for over 15 years. Do you have a good psychiatrist?? Have you shared your feelings with them?? I had to do alot of Dr. shopping before I found one with a more spiritual view who was open to my gifts. Believe me when I say that I still struggle. I wonder alot if meds would help the depression but when all is said and done I fought too hard to stop to go back again. The detox from all the meds, especially the anti psychotic, was incredibly hard and I was so sick for years. I still dont feel completely well and I understand feeling damaged as a result of taking them.

Smoking is very unhealthy, yes. Heck, I still smoke and have accepted that, for now, I have enough on my plate than to try and stop right now. Sometimes we can put our body through too much which inevitably throws us back into a med or psychiatric relapse. You can do this. You really can get your life back but please keep in mind that you might need these meds to function. The illnesses you have been diagnosed with are tricky ones. If you are sensitive then it can be confused for mental illness but more than often it is true illness. Just please be careful and know you are not alone. If you ever need to vent, ask questions or just need some prayers and support please feel free to PM me. I have been a member of this forum for a few years and dont plan on going anywhere...lol...I can always use new friends!!
Old 21-11-2011, 08:31 AM
spiritualized

Hi coming2. Thank you for the lovely reply & your offers of prayer, support & friendship. I'd love to be your friend.

I do get a lot of stuff that I put down to this medication; & overall feel that I could have been far better helped over the years by psychiatry & the MH system.

I know that acceptance is a key to things; & I try to work on acceptance as much as possible.

As psychiatrists go; the one I have is OK. I get very anxious though when I see him. He thinks that I've found a good balance with things; & that I'm best to stay on the 'anti-psychotic' that I take.

Quote:
The illnesses you have been diagnosed with are tricky ones. If you are sensitive then it can be confused for mental illness but more than often it is true illness. Just please be careful and know you are not alone. If you ever need to vent, ask questions or just need some prayers and support please feel free to PM me. I have been a member of this forum for a few years and dont plan on going anywhere...lol...I can always use new friends!!

Thanks again. This is very kind of you.

I don't have the answers. I don't know with things. I've found it helpful to research & look into things about spirituality & mental health at a lot of depth. I think it's impossible for me to know how much of things has been psychosis/illness - & how much has been spiritual emergence/emergency - it all seems very much tied in together.

I am grateful for the support that I do get. I've put a lot of work into things. But I still struggle a lot with life; & spend a lot of time alone. I fluctuate a lot in how I feel. I find it very hard some days to see how things can improve.
Old 27-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Hi all - I have a deep interest in spirituality (& always have done); & have been developing a deepening practise & following a healing path for over 10 years. I am more serious about following a committed spirituality than ever before.

At the age of 25 I was diagnosed with 'schizophrenia' - I went through 7 major episodes of psychosis (each lasting 6 months to a year); 4 hospitalisations in psychiatric hospital; & had severe drug & alcohol problems for 17 years.

I've stayed out of hospital now for over 12 years; been T-Total over 10 years, & have lived independently a long time. I've looked deeply at & researched at very considerable depth the subjects of MH in relation to spirituality; especially in relation to spiritual emergency/emergence/awakening/transformation.

Over the the past 10 years I've worked & trained with a number of experienced spiritual healers - 2 in-particular; & made much progress.

I'm deepening meditation practises & finding a lot more depth & meaning in what I have been through & my life. I smoke tobacco heavily, & am dependant on a low dose of a neuroleptic drug. I dream of being able to successfully withdraw from this neuroleptic, successfully stop smoking, & be able to live a much fuller life; & more fully resolve things.

I get a number of physical ailments; & difficulties with health. A lot of aches & pains; especially in my torso, & other physical ailments, & also many other general health complaints. Doctors continually tell me that all of it is somatic.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has some genuinely knowledgeable advice & experience in these areas? Western society in general is very backward & barbaric in these areas in general; ignorance & fear dominate these subjects - & stigma & discrimination is rampant. The usual response is label & drug them all up - & the majority of people are little help in offering any genuine compassion, understanding, empathy, validation & acknowledgement.

The subject of MH & spirituality is a massively expansive, complex & in-depth area. There are many people out there that have resolved these issues & gone through similar experiences & come through well. But we are all individual, unique; & these areas involve multiple & complex concerns; in both cause & prognosis.

Any genuine advice is welcome. Thanks.

If I were you.........

I would sell all I have left that I could not carry with me, get on a plane and fly as far from where you are to a new destination.

Why???

Because moving with a lot of stuff is a burden.
and
Those around you have defined "you" as a set of ideas and put them in a box labeled with your name on it. It is hard enough in somewhat normal circumstances to break free of this! Why if you were to suggest this to even your best friends, they would immediately try to talk you DOWN to there level of illusion or delusion as the case may be. They may fear for your well being, but not really ...... they fear for there well being and you being in such a state makes them feel better about there own state. This is by no means easy to digest.
Thus a new destination puts you around others who have not yet labelled you. Though they will be quick to label you!

What then????

I would carry Eckhart Tolle s "The Power Of Now" and "A Course In Miracles" with me and work with them daily as I tried to AWAKEN the Divine Seed which is my heart, it is in a dormant state in most people. What you need to overcome has been with you all along, when your desire to Awaken it is greater then anything else ....... it will begin to Guide you. LET IT!

The means do not so much matter....... and the semantics of fools are great in number, FOLLOW what FEELS TRUE TO YOU.

1% astonish the medical community and only 1% ...... at least thus far. That 1% makes the connection within.

I am not suggesting you do what I would do....... you must do what YOU would do.
Old 27-11-2011, 07:15 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
I am not suggesting you do what I would do....... you must do what YOU would do.

Hi Racer - thanks for the reply.

I have thought of doing such things.

I'd love to more fully connect within & heal more deeply, I do however feel that I'm on the right track - & have made much progress - I'm very much on an inner Journey.

I'll ponder what you have said. Thanks again.
Old 29-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Hi Racer - thanks for the reply.

I have thought of doing such things.

I'd love to more fully connect within & heal more deeply, I do however feel that I'm on the right track - & have made much progress - I'm very much on an inner Journey.

I'll ponder what you have said. Thanks again.

Braco.net ; You may just be one of the very fortunate ones......
Old 29-11-2011, 05:06 PM
vulkus

Spiritualised.
After reading your initial post I am inclined to think that your medication is your problem.
Take a look at these sites and see if they are of interst. I found them quite interesting. All of your medical issues that you described, are all the known side effects of antipsychotics.
One such side effect is addiction to the drug, this in turn causes the person to require higher doses, with each successive dose increase the person experiences more an more negative consequences and the need or addiction is also strengthened.
Schizophrenia, neuroleptic medication and mortality
http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/188/2/122.abstract

Negative Signs and Symptoms Secondary to Antipsychotics
http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/arti...8&journalID=13

Myth of the antipsychotic
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...eantipsychotic