Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 24-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
Soooooooo awesome! Thanks a bunch for taking the time to write all this. It really helps me

It's been 5 weeks of going once a week to the gym. I've actually been doing 40lbs on arm machines and 40 lb squats, bench lunges, dead lifts. I do 30 reps of each workout. At home I just do tons of toning with 2 5lb weights every other day. My comfort level on leg press and inner thighs is like 90-110 lbs LOL how is that possible? Crazy thighs

I see suuuuuuch an improvement. Much stronger, more lean, not bulky, standing tall and upright. Feels great!

Libby...the program I talked about earlier is actually optimized for a 3 day lifting schedule...Mon, Wed and Fri.

Monday........upper body... Chest, back, shoulders and triceps

Wednesday......Legs,calves, biceps and abs

Friday.....Chest, back, shoulders and triceps

Weekend off for rest and recovery

Following Monday....Legs, calves, biceps and abs

.......and so on

With some kind of cardio any days but leg day....

The advantage of this program is that you can really go to the well and lift hard and heavy but those body parts will get a few days off for growth and recovery...

Frankly, I've never found a program that puts on muscle faster than this one does....and done correctly, its very hard work because it forces you to make gains every single workout!

And I will add that I cannot take credit for it....forced progressive training was developed by Dante Trudel...a widely acclaimed trainer in the bodybuilding world.....

Serious lifters know it as "Dogcrapp" training.
Why??? Because Dante Trudel's internet handle is Dogcrapp (with 2 p's)

For those who are interested, Dante's website is www.intensemuscle.com

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 25-10-2016, 08:02 AM
Master
I happened upon this one on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OXujrjcRk - Interesting.
Old 25-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Deactivated Account

Good job, Libby

@Gem, no, just no
Old 25-10-2016, 10:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Good job, Libby

@Gem, no, just no

(clicked clover )
Old 25-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Libby...the program I talked about earlier is actually optimized for a 3 day lifting schedule...Mon, Wed and Fri.

Monday........upper body... Chest, back, shoulders and triceps

Wednesday......Legs,calves, biceps and abs

Friday.....Chest, back, shoulders and triceps

Weekend off for rest and recovery

Following Monday....Legs, calves, biceps and abs

.......and so on

With some kind of cardio any days but leg day....

The advantage of this program is that you can really go to the well and lift hard and heavy but those body parts will get a few days off for growth and recovery...

Frankly, I've never found a program that puts on muscle faster than this one does....and done correctly, its very hard work because it forces you to make gains every single workout!

And I will add that I cannot take credit for it....forced progressive training was developed by Dante Trudel...a widely acclaimed trainer in the bodybuilding world.....

Serious lifters know it as "Dogcrapp" training.
Why??? Because Dante Trudel's internet handle is Dogcrapp (with 2 p's)

I recently started lifting after many years off following a bad shoulder injury and recovery. Started with lower weight but high reps, and i'm now backed into 110lbs in 4-5 sets of 9. Not having anyone to spot tends to make me a little gunshy on heavier sets. A month in and the change is impressive even with an unconventional routine.
Old 27-10-2016, 03:17 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I happened upon this one on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OXujrjcRk - Interesting.

lol it's hard to take him seriously
Old 27-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:

Now Libby...why would you say that??? There are few people on this planet who know as much about the subject of physical fitness as Arnold does!

I had a girlfriend back in the day that had his book for woman and loved it...and got seriously fit using the techniques the book listed.

At 69 years old now Arnold is still incredibly muscular and fit....and one to look up to as he's kept at it for a life time....

By the way....I see your birthday is Oct 19th....I actually have 3 very good friends who all have that birthday! Gotta love Libra girls!!!

Old 27-10-2016, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:

Sez she with that avatar pic! hahaha
Old 27-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Master
Ratcheting up the intensity of your workout

Hmmmm.....I erased this because I made a post and it duplicated it ad losted it twice....strange.

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 27-10-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 27-10-2016, 04:19 PM
Master
Ratcheting up the intensity of your workout

Once you have hit a certain level of fitness ....and if you decide you would like to take it to the next level....that requires increasing the intensity of the lifting that you do....

The fact is gaining a lot of muscle is hard....you are literally asking your body to do something that it would rather not do as the body always wants to conserve resources and you are forcing it to dig into those resources.

To be clear...muscles can ONLY get larger by getting stronger.... so it is intensity of effort that causes muscular growth......

So if strength equels muscular growth...you will have to constantly lift harder to make gains...that is how it works....

So...here is the best way to increase the intensity of your workouts....

It's is called "Rest-Pause Training" and incorporates the progressive increases I talked about in my earlier post.

Rest pause training is short,low volume, high intensity training.....if you are doing it right, it has to be low volume as you simply cannot do a large number of sets without going into an over-trained state.

And here's how you do it.....as stated earlier...choose the rep range you want to work in for the first set...and i'll stick with the example of 15 to 20 reps and I will use a chest workout as an example starting with bench press's.....

With rest pause training, you do only 3 sets per body part/ exercise.....these 3 sets are done back to back about 20 to 25 seconds apart.....and each set is an all out effort to get the maximum number of reps possible....in other words...you train to failure on each set.

So....lets say you are going to bench press with 60 lbs....after warming up you will do your first set pushing for every last rep and we'll say you got 15 reps on your first set......rack the bar....take 20 deep breaths to recover......lift the bar and do your second set pushing for every last rep...and maybe you get 5 or 6 reps on your second set....rack the bar...take another 20 deep breaths....lift the bar....do your last set...pushing for every last rep...and lets say you get 3 reps.....

And you are done with chest...no need to do more...you have exhausted that muscle group..

So you did 60 lbs and your sets were 15-6-3 totaling 24 reps....write that down!

The next time bench press comes up you will try to add at least 2 reps to that 3 set sequence totaling 26.......when you have totaled 30 reps on the 3 sets....add 5 lbs

Now....the way this works is you don't just do bench press....you choose 3 different chest exercises and rotate them each time chest comes up..

Something Like this:

Monday...(chest, back, shoulders)...........first chest work out ....bench press

Wednesday...........Legs, calves, abs

Friday..(chest, back, shoulders)..second chest workout....incline bench press

Monday...............Legs

Wednesday...chest, back, shoulders).3rd chest workout.......dumbbell press's

Friday................Legs, calves, abs

Monday (chest, back, shoulders)....back to.bench press's and start the cycle again

A three exercise leg routine might be something like 1) squats 2) leg press's 3) hack squats

This program maximize's muscular gains and allows you to make gains quickly....but word of warning...its hard work and not for everone