Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-11-2023, 07:26 AM
Master

Yep I agree with you NativeS. If we are going to channel or to speak to Spirit it is wise not to drink alcohol at that particular time and probably with meditation as well.

But when not in in that situation, I think a drink is fine. Just my opinion tho.
Old 25-11-2023, 10:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's actually my strong tendency to go off track that makes order and routine work best for me. It's ironic and paradoxical.

I struggle with order in my life, it's natural for me to go off track. How did you manage to turn it around?
Old 25-11-2023, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I struggle with order in my life, it's natural for me to go off track. How did you manage to turn it around?
I don't know how I did it, but I knew the intoxicated life was headed for disaster. When I stopped I thought everything would start getting better, but instead, everything got worse. Intoxication is usually a coping method and when you stop you don't know how to cope and things start falling apart, so it's very easy to go back to how things were, and very hard not to, but deep down I didn't want to go back and 'no' beat 'yes', but only just. It could have gone either way. It's just like I flipped a coin and had good luck.

Not only that, but unlike most old addicts, I can drink if I want to or have a few tokes at a party, and sometimes I do. I even got on the speed once, but the part of me that wants more isn't even there anymore, so maybe two is good - and I don't want another. I wouldn't say that's a good idea for most old addicts. Most would have one and be lost because it's usually either on or off, since the want-for-more is never overcome. It was for me, and obsessive craving is completely gone.

Sober is better. That's for sure.
Old 25-11-2023, 03:19 PM
Knower

Thanks all.

@ Native spirit, just to clarify, I never drink before I meditate. I tried it once and it did not work at all. I usually drink late in the evening after I’ve done everything else, and I relax with some Youtube etc. I was wondering if the accumulative effect of drinking alcohol would affect the quality of my psychic abilities generally.

@ Redchic12, I must be the Antichrist then, because I’m trying to turn wine into water lol.

@ AngelBlue, when you say alcohol blocks everything, I know what you mean. I do sometimes stay off drink for 2 weeks, perhaps even a month here and there. During such periods I notice my emotions become very sensitive. Like I could cry at a child doing something innocent, or I could cry just at the thought of an elderly loved one struggling with their shoe-laces etc etc. Life also begins feeling a bit too positive and joyful. I suppose it’s like a swing to a bit of mania, and after the initial binge high, alcohol then helps me swing that back towards something a little more numb or subdued. Does that make sense? It gives me balance. I’ve always felt comforted by my pensive and melancholy moods. But I’m concerned that regular drinking is blocking my psychic abilities. I’m not sure I’m making much sense.

Basically, I use alcohol to stop me being generally too energetic, but worry I’m blocking my psychic energy.
Old 25-11-2023, 03:56 PM
Master

Just read an article about the longest living people on the planet.
Apparently they outlive non drinkers!
They average one to two drinks a day with food or friends.
Anyone for another. Lol
Old 25-11-2023, 06:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Just read an article about the longest living people on the planet.
Apparently they outlive non drinkers!
They average one to two drinks a day with food or friends.
Anyone for another. Lol

Is it statistically significant? Is it taking other variables into account, variables that may contribute to longevity?

If not, then it's just anomalies.
Old 26-11-2023, 03:14 AM
Master
It never hurt any one to have a couple of drinks, but if you are thinking about overcoming an addiction, having a couple with tip you right off the wagon.

When you don't like it anymore and no longer want it, every night it's just 'doing what I always do'. Without it something's missing, there's no 'reward', and the drink is such a warm elixir that flows so soothingly into a huge 'let-go' and fills what's missing. Because it hinders the larger vision of traveling a spiritual path, it's no longer wanted, but to not have it means living with that unfilled hole. Usually that spirals down for a while until it's like 'anything is better than this', and you change direction.
Old 26-11-2023, 06:39 AM
Master

Altair. Yes of course there were other variables but only mentioned alcohol because we were all talking about it and of course it gave me laugh.

People can google it if they want more info.
Old 26-11-2023, 07:44 AM
Master
I once was assigned a project to do at a place I worked. I was suppose to get it done in 6 months. What made things interesting was that next door was a restaurant and I would go there to drink alcohol. Generally, on Friday's I generally would not return to work from my lunch but would continue to drink. When work was over with, my fellow work mates would show up and we would drink together. Later in the evening, we would move to another bar and would not leave till 2AM.

What was interesting for me was I was able to do my work without any delays. As for the work, it was stuff that hadn't been done before which meant there probably would be many revisions. Surprisingly, in this case: that didn't happen. Once I started work, I was like in another World and 'things' just seemed to come naturally.

In conclusion, I would say alcohol is okay if you don't dwell on negative things: just positive things.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-11-2023, 11:04 AM
Master

Aww I did have a laugh at your story BJ! My son is exactly the same as that.

Everyone’s body is different when it comes to alcohol. I don’t drink all the time because I know that I can drink 2 small glasses of wine and be totally off my head whereas someone else would drink the same amount and it wouldn’t even register.

It is very relaxing tho.