Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-04-2024, 09:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
I often feel there is one right choice.
But first all needs to break down as it does and as it does naturally.
Cool CW. You are the captain of your soul and master of your fate after all. I would say this: be cautious of ultimatum philosophy and thinking of the "must do this" and "only this way" sort. Philosophy and thought of that nature is conceptualizing and intellectualizing about a past and future, neither of which exist.

All that exists is now, this moment. We are capable of creating in this moment whatever it is we care to. Whatever we decide, whatever we choose to make this moment into, it is and can be that. There are countless choices; there are as many choices as there are moments in a lifetime. Nothing needs to break down first, and one doesn't have to wait around for something to happen before initiating something new.

Yes, we must come to rest at times inwardly, to reflect, and in the silence learn what our soul calls us to do in order to move forward in a way that is in healthy alignment with our life. In that regard it happens that sometimes things must stay as there are for a time. If that's what you're currently experiencing in your journey, then all the best and have fun.

Last edited by Baile : 20-04-2024 at 01:27 PM.
Old 21-04-2024, 11:01 AM
Newbie ;)

Mrs Hepburn and seeker explained this very well, what ever you are faced with, god wants us to learn something from this, we allow the lessons to unfold, we take what we can from it and we let it go. We trust in the divine and we speak from the heart, we feel instead of thinking, we live only in the present moment, making conscious choices from the heart as they arise. We let everything else go.

Last edited by Elements : 21-04-2024 at 12:21 PM.
Old 21-04-2024, 04:54 PM
Master

CW, choice comes to me when I stop thinking and looking for that one right choice. Intuition is my guide, or what Christians may call “the holy spirit.” Nurturing that presence in prayer and quiet meditation daily keeps me on what may be called “the right path.”

But I still wander at times and get deep into my polarized mind about right and wrong. Still I know there is no such thing, as the saying goes, “it is all grist for the mill.” Yes, we are making bread, a meal that agrees with our tastes; not only for us but also for that which we call “God.”

No matter what decision you make there is a lesson in it which will lead you to the straight and narrow, what we might call “the right path.” there is no place else to go; all paths eventually lead back to our source, in my opinion. If everything is crumbling it just means something new is beginning.

Transitions; with each ending comes a beginning and with each beginning comes an ending. Endings and beginnings are one and the same they make up what we call “a transition.” Pray, meditate, and flow with it. All is well, even in our darkest hour, all is well. Learn how to let go and trust the process of life. In my opinion, you are life and not the things which are crumbling around you.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 21-04-2024, 05:20 PM
Master

Actually I never ask God for anything.

Why? Because God/the source/creative intelligence is within ourselves. I dont believe it’s separate from me. So I ask myself which choice is best for me. And then whatever I feel is right, I just do it.

Whether it works out well or not is irrelevant. It just produces a result. Whatever I do with that result is what matters.

Just my opinion of course.
Old 21-04-2024, 07:08 PM
Master

Redchic12, I can relate to that. God within me, and I strive to strengthen my bond, or connection, with that deeper being, which I am. In so doing there is an ongoing communion between “I” and “I” as the Rastafarians might say.
Old 22-04-2024, 11:04 AM
Master

Yes I can relate to chosing to see the lesson in things.

Did any of you ever find periods of rapid decision making?

And do you guys sometimes need patience in making decision?

Kind regards,

CW
Old 22-04-2024, 11:49 AM
Master

I definitely need patience, and have experienced many times that patience is required. Sometimes if I move too quickly I mess things up and other times having patience and not making a decision right away, the issue solves itself. Patience is said to be a virtue, but I can be very impatient.

I am a writer so I write thins down, like what are my options and what are the consequence to each option. Then I sit back for a while, depending if I don’t have to make that decision right away, and other options may present themselves. The thing about making a decision are the perceived consequences that may occur with that decision.

Another decision approach is to look at the cost-benefit; what does my decision cost and what benefit will I get from it. If the cost is too high and the benefit too low, then I have to find a way to reverse that. There are lots of methods and techniques which can be used in making a decision. Some people just flip a coin, but I advise listening to your heart.
Old 22-04-2024, 04:55 PM
Master

Hello Starmen,

Do you also just kind of get prompts from a deeper place? Like you walk somewhere, and a choice is more made from a deeper placd than with the head or emotions? A lot of my decosions are so automatic to me, yet they seem to have a whole complex proces at times..