Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 17-05-2011, 02:58 AM
Master
oh man having someone in my mouth, the pain, the feeling of not being in control, that my teeth are really bad and I'm embarrassed.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Master
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
oh man having someone in my mouth, the pain, the feeling of not being in control, that my teeth are really bad and I'm embarrassed.
Spiritlite.

Can you think of it in another way? I am so grateful for the dentist's expertise, that unlike the Middle Ages or unlike tough situations in developing countries, I have access to the best care so I keep my own teeth throughout my life, healthy, strong, straight, white... Think of the dentist as a servant of that...and think yourself at a spa getting the best treatment. You are paying his wages, you are his employer, you are in control. You have the right to choose options and to set limits and he or she has to comply. Your teeth are a work of art to this person. Think of how much better they will look and feel. Do not feel someone is in your mouth, only an instrument of the Divine. You are not your body. Bring headphones and an iPod and drift far away into the music while the work is being done. Ask for pain medication. It will separate you from the body a bit, allowing you an opportunity to go within and when you come back to your body, perfect teeth await you!

Affirm to yourself "I'm so glad I live in a space and time where my precious teeth will get preserved! I am not my body but I honor my body. I live in a space that is beyond body, beyond mind, beyond pain, beyond fear. I am that eternal, changeless Spirit, and all is Perfect. My guides are ever with me, holding my hand......"
Old 18-05-2011, 03:09 AM
Master
Uma thankyou I never thought about it in that way thankyou so much.
xoxo
Spiritlite.
Old 18-05-2011, 05:45 AM
SunMist

Uma, I can only hope I can take that perspective when I go to the dentist. Spiritlite, I feel exactly the same way as you and am anticipating a difficult appointment sometimes in the near future. Good luck to you!
Old 18-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Spiritlite.

Find a dentist who uses Nitrous Oxide in addition to pain and numbing agents, that will eliminate the anxiety and you won't even care that your being worked on. Its called "laughing gas" for a good reason.
Old 18-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Master
Yeah I love laughing gas I had it as a kid but I dont' know if anyone uses it in this area I will call around for some reason I thought that dentists don't use that anymore.
Spiritlite.