Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 18-02-2019, 06:55 AM
Master
Sun In Cancer

When i look through my main signs (sun, moon, arising) it seems quite fitting. And i can see how they blend together. Though there is a part of me that reminds unsure. Doing the whole free birth chart, some things were surprisingly accurate while others were off. While other things seem to reflect more of the past. Anyways, i seem to have this imaginary hate/love relationship with my sun sign.

This thread is more to get things out of my system. And a place to come back to when i wish to express something of topic to an imaginary audience. Whether true or untrue i do find this topic of interest to me and try to observe it in others.

I found this interesting:
Greek God and Goddess based on your Zodiac Sign https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ljuYNWWxM
Old 18-02-2019, 11:13 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Ocean,

I totally get what your saying. I feel when it comes to Cancer, the information is a bit vague.You really have to research beyond the internet or else you will get a lot of basic generalizations, the big: how emotional or emotionally-unavailable Cancers are.

I am Capricorn sun and Cancer moon, both very similar because they are both cardinal signs ( self starters, take control & initiative). I found when you put two Cardinal signs together, there is a lot of conflict because of the need to want to take control ( the other cardinals are Libras, Aires). A number of astrologers say that Cap and Cancer represent the strong parenting archetypes of the Zodiac, only Capricorn is the masculine 'father' and Cancer is the feminine nurturing Mother.

I think one powerful aspect of the Cancer is the drive and passion they posses. They are goal oriented & always moving forward. In tarot, they are represented by the Chariot. Chariot represents a man in control of his 'vehicle' with 2 sphinx horses next to him, symbolic to the positive aspects of Ego. This card/energy also the numerology #7, which represents 'spiritual quest', always seeking and lots of creative passionate energy. Cancer is fluid, always moving and following their heart, not staying stagnant. No surprise your a world traveler.

Seems like most of the Cancers are successful actors or artistic people. So art & aesthetics is really valued. I was surprise to learn one of the most brilliant and revolutionary Cancer's of our modern time is Elon Musk who is revolutionizing the transportation industry ( He created PayPal to boot lol). Aside from his engineering of spaceX, He is forcing the bullies of the automotive industry to invest & create electric cars. His idol and inspiration was Nicola Tesla, ( hence, why Elon named the electric cars,Tesla). Nicola Tesla is one of the greatest thinkers and inventors of all time, he was also a Cancer! Again, where there is passion/love for this sign there is creation and purpose.

Thats all I got on Cancer, and just like the positive, I am sure there are many dark shadow aspects of Cancer too. It;s all perception and your comparability with a particular sign. How Cancer benefits my moon is mainly my parenting and solidarity with my closed loved ones. That about it because my masculine Capricorn energy is always present to dry up and shut down the party

Last edited by Clover : 19-02-2019 at 01:55 AM.
Old 19-02-2019, 06:25 AM
Master
Thanks for posting, i found it interesting.

I agree, one needs to search beyond the net.

I have Capricorns in my life. I see how they like to take charge and be in control. They can be pretty determined when they want something done. Capricorns seem to present a hard image while often being soft on the inside. My dad is a Capricorn and he can come off as stern, stubborn, serious, and sometimes negative but he is loving and very protective of the family. I think Capricorns and Cancers often misrepresent themselves. Cancers can often present a hard shell while being softies as well. They have difficulty letting people get close to them when they fear being hurt.

The darker aspects of each sign is also very interesting to learn about. And see and obverse how it relates to the darker aspects of ourselves.
Old 22-02-2019, 04:08 AM
Master
I'd like to understand Cancer more myself, because my fiance has a Cancer Moon, and two of the closest friends I've had online have Cancer Suns and Cancer Moons.

it's interesting you say Cancer is moving forward in bold letters Clover, because it is represented by the crab that moves sideways lol, did you do that on purpose with that in mind? perhaps they are always moving forward, but cautiously with both an eye on the past and future to try and not repeat or make mistakes. come to think of it, my fiance's mom is a Cancer Sun sign so I have that to consider as well. I know the other sign placements factor but I think that all the Cancer people I've known had a slight silly fussy streak. His mom is a serial worrier about some things. but overall these ladies I've known all have a very bright shiny warm wonderful quality to them. and are very creative too. I can see how the Cancer Moon makes my fiance have a bleeding heart and he's very sensitive to a lot of things.
lol thanks for your interpretation and insight about how Cancer and Capricorn energies play out in you Clover.

ocean breeze it makes sense that some things seem to be about the past because if you have overcome old energetic tendencies and habits that don't serve you then you are evolving as you should be and utilizing the energies in your chart properly. It is also nearly impossible for a computer report or compartmentalized interpretations to paint the real portrait of a person's Astrological makeup, because it's like the chart is a moving living thing. even though it is basically a screenshot, some are int doing progressions and stuff like that which shows how your exact chart changes as you age through time, and so your chart today is still something only you have but it's transformed along with you since you were born. It's interesting to think about, but predictive Astrology like that is something I am pretty oblivious about. I recently joined a forum where an experienced Astrologer and Psychologist is offering his expertise with special existential astrological counseling as he calls it.. so I am learning about new things from him there and it's funny how it's all so applicable and useful if you understand it or have someone guide you.

So many things interact and modify each other. Which is something I definitely still struggle with when trying to interpret charts. I have pretty many years of experience studying Astrology and understand in depth some aspects or parts of it, but I'm still a novice really. I can only pick out certain placements or pieces of the puzzle and comment what I've learned or think, and guess how two of the pieces work together to make the actions and attributes even more unique.

For instance, I think that the North and South Nodes are very valuable placements to consider. They say the North Node is like the North Star, the right best path for you to follow.. and the South Node is your old habits and tendencies you prefer falling back into because it seems easier. It makes it more difficult in the longrun and the North Node may seem foreign to us but it's where we're supposed to be going and becoming.. anyways, so if someone has a lot of other planets in the sign or house where the South Node is, it's hard for me to wrap my head around how someone should be staying away from that when they can't help it.. like me I have 4 planets in Scorpio where my South Node is, including my Moon and Venus in a tight conjunction with Pluto, and Saturn is also there. I can't just stop being my Moon or the other placements. yet somehow I must balance being that and staying true to my North Node. and it really makes a lot of sense the advice of the Taurus North Node I'm supposed to be honoring. If I was able to use those energies in my life more, most of my problems would actually disappear. yet I react automatically with Scorpionic tendencies and it gets me in trouble. But I do like to think of it in the sense that each sign has good and bad traits, and so if you have a South Node in a sign with your other planets, it just means you have to try extra hard to only embody the good potentials of that sign, and you could use the opposite sign with the North Node to give you more strength to grow in that way.

well sorry for going on, anyways it is a complicated subject but if you get down to the soul of it, it just makes sense. unfortunately the mainstream does it no favors with daily or monthly horoscopes and people only knowing about their Sun signs. and then even if you do get beyond that it takes time and patience to understand more, and many may be misled along that way. Even so I think there is infinite value in just knowing and learning about one extra placement of your chart. I know that when I found out what my true placements were it kind of changed my world. and it can help you see the darkness that's present or possible, but teach you how to work with that and transform it into light and brightness to benefit yourself and others. If you think about it, it's not really a wonder that the mainstream doesn't want people knowing about their true Astrology.

I'm sorry for going off topic in your thread. as I said above I have to learn more about Cancers because I haven't understood a ton yet. but from what I have, yeah what you say about the shell is important. but in their positive states, it stuck with me when someone described them as very funny and quirky, howling at the moon alone on a beach type of stuff.. When I think about Cancer I think about how it represents nurturing and comfort, nourishment and the crux of life. Cancer is about embracing and filling voids, with boundless love energy.. very powerful yet also sensitive so they have to protect themselves, or feel they need to sometimes more than others anyway. which could also help explain why they take success seriously and can be known to be stingy or penny-pinchers.. they are among the most generous and amazingly so, but for some things they seem silly about how tedious or tight they are. maybe these are cliches I don't know.. i just know I've experienced incredible generosity and compassion from Cancers, but they have boundaries that may seem surprising besides that. and they're apt to leave if you disappoint them or try to interfere with their sanctity in some way because I guess they understand the wisdom of fulfilling yourself so that you can be able to better give to others.
Old 22-02-2019, 10:04 AM
Master
Thank you for your input. Out of interest i'm also trying to understand many things too. Luckily i have many relatives with a sun in Cancer. So i can observe their behavior.

Interesting read. May reply more later.
Old 23-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Master
Ocean, hello there. I think very broadly any set of "negative" traits, if they apply, has a lot to do with immaturity and not having balanced or centred oneself. The positive stuff, as it applies, has more to do with coming to a place of balance, to one's centre, and having made an effort to reflect and balance oneself, to discipline oneself, takes a bit more maturity.

I personally am repelled by petty or manipulative behaviour. So if someone were to put labels on me, I would privately eyeroll and ignore. If they say openly but with courtesy that I prefer this or it upsets me if you do that, I would consider it much more readily.

Because whilst we can all speak in generalities as a shorthand for getting our points across, it's really tedious when others say you're [always] this or that. They really need to own it (it upsets me or I really don't do well with this] and speak to the behaviour [if or when you do this or that, or maybe when folks I know do this or that].

So if you are dealing with folks who do this to you, perhaps you can courteously put it back on them and ask them what they prefer and how they feel, so that you can go from there.

Some things are going to be "bad" for nearly everyone, of course. But silly or fussy or what have ye, is, like beauty or many other things, in the eye of the beholder. And personally I am not bothered by anyone else's personal expression of What. Ever. It's all good IMO as long as it's not too hostile or dangerous, LOL. Apparently many other folks are not as tolerant or cannot tolerate a lot of what we can accept or roll with across the broad spectrum of individuality, personality, and expression. And IMO that's where communication starts, with ownership, honesty, and courtesy or consideration.

BTW I am a Cancer sun sign but I'm not moody and nor do I expect anyone to read my mind. I think those tedious stereotypes are more just, as noted, signs of immaturity across the "zodiac" that many will grow out of with just a little bit of work on themselves And the depth, once balanced, is generally a plus I'd say

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 23-02-2019, 07:35 PM
Master
Part of maturing is being able to own up to the negative, darker sides to ourselves. The more aware we become, and the more we can accept that darker side whether we like it or not, the less likely it will have a hold on us. Especially if we become aware of the damage it can cause. The less aware, and the less likely you are to own up to it, the more you become possessed by it. And the more damage you can cause without realizing it.
Old 23-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Master
Old 25-02-2019, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Part of maturing is being able to own up to the negative, darker sides to ourselves. The more aware we become, and the more we can accept that darker side whether we like it or not, the less likely it will have a hold on us. Especially if we become aware of the damage it can cause. The less aware, and the less likely you are to own up to it, the more you become possessed by it. And the more damage you can cause without realizing it.

Agreed, nicely said...

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 26-02-2019, 06:36 AM
Master
Thanks. ^^

I post this for fun.

From this i'm a stable traveler from the land of the lucky ones.