Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 02-11-2020, 07:31 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I'm a stoic, somewhat aloof kind of guy. I rarely cry, though I have a weakness when it comes to quality movies and can get watery eyes.

These days many people think crying is all about how you're raised and the more you do it the more 'enlightened' you are, but it just goes to show how matriarchal we've become. However, the truth is that it depends a lot on testosterone levels. Boys can easily cry, then they hit puberty and T levels increase and they cry less and less and as adults they rarely cry. Meanwhile, women cry more as do effeminate men. Interestingly, from what I understand transsexuals describe changes as well. So it's really a lot to do with your T levels.
....Stop being aloof and cry man.... I love to see a man cry ... Well I don't mean in distress or anything ... But you know, maybe at something sentimental .... There's nothing more romantic than "man tears"... Proves they human after all LOL...
Old 02-11-2020, 07:34 PM
deactivated

Quote:
I'm a stoic, somewhat aloof kind of guy. I rarely cry, though I have a weakness when it comes to quality movies and can get watery eyes.

These days many people think crying is all about how you're raised and the more you do it the more 'enlightened' you are, but it just goes to show how matriarchal we've become. However, the truth is that it depends a lot on testosterone levels. Boys can easily cry, then they hit puberty and T levels increase and they cry less and less and as adults they rarely cry. Meanwhile, women cry more as do effeminate men. Interestingly, from what I understand transsexuals describe changes as well. So it's really a lot to do with your T levels.

Is that really a thing? I guess it could make sense in terms of hormones. Women tend to cry more before menstruation. I've definitely heard trans folks talk about hormone changes and obviously the emotions that come along with transitioning. I still think the men in charge could benefit from a good cry every now and then (and therapy)
Old 02-11-2020, 07:38 PM
deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
....Stop being aloof and cry man.... I love to see a man cry ... Well I don't mean in distress or anything ... But you know, maybe at something sentimental .... There's nothing more romantic than "man tears"... Proves they human after all LOL...

Elfin I like your style
Old 02-11-2020, 07:42 PM
Master
The modern 'error' is in thinking men are imperfect for not crying enough, that they somehow have to be more like women. That deep down they really want to cry like boys and girls but are 'held back' by an imaginary 'patriarchy'. This is all just ideological dogma, and ignores the reality that we have different hormone levels. Yes, we can cry, but are less likely too. There are exceptions and there is overlap, but overall men and women are different, which is enjoyable, funny even. I've been part of yoga and meditation groups. In one group we did some group activities, connection stuff, and multiple women started crying. Me and some other guys are like ''huh did we miss something? Are we all supposed to cry?''
Old 02-11-2020, 07:54 PM
deactivated

Quote:
The modern 'error' is in thinking men are imperfect for not crying enough, that they somehow have to be more like women. That deep down they really want to cry like boys and girls but are 'held back' by an imaginary 'patriarchy'. This is all just ideological dogma, and ignores the reality that we have different hormone levels. Yes, we can cry, but are less likely too. There are exceptions and there is overlap, but overall men and women are different, which is enjoyable, funny even.

I've been part of yoga and meditation groups. In one group we did some group activities, connection stuff, and multiple women started crying. Me and some other guys are like ''huh did we miss something? Are we all supposed to cry?''

I won't give you flack for not crying, but I will give you flack for calling the patriarchy imaginary. Emotions are used against women as if feeling strongly makes us incapable of handling leadership roles. People say women are too emotional to be in charge. Whereas men have somehow successfully branded anger as not an emotion...

I may cry when I'm angry.

Last edited by Native spirit : 02-11-2020 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-11-2020, 03:35 AM
Guide

I cry a lot, too.

Right now, the last couple of weeks I am grieving everything I lost this year. A career, family, a high income stable career with 1/2 the year off, a good man.

But even before all of that, I've always cried a lot. I'm very emotional. I've never not seen anyone with my health issue's that did not cry a lot.

I've also been told, crying is the soul healing.

Sometimes, I will do something just to have that cry, just to have that release. Sometimes it feels good. Right now however, it is very painful.

I've cried when I was overjoyed, too. That has only happened a couple of times in my life.

I don't like to cry in public, or around anyone. When I was a child, the one person I'd cry around would get really angry, because they thought I was using it, but I couldn't help it. I cried when I was afraid, and I cry when I am sad.

Last edited by Green.Heals : 03-11-2020 at 04:18 AM.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:12 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikaphant
Elfin I like your style
Thank you.... Both Slayer and Altair know me.. and they know I only jest !!!!.... I am hsp / Empath... Therefore I cry at absolutely everything... I cry more than I don't !!!!!..... Am surprised at where all the tears come from... Then I look a right sight, swollen red eyes that will hardly open LOL... But I think there's something so very intimate about seeing someone weep.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:44 AM
Master
I'd say the root of your emotions are your inseperable extensional nature of being an extension of your own ever expanding greater non-physical consciousness, which is under any and all conditions, regardless of any and all conditions, unconditionally, energy motionally, emotionally capable of being allowed by you to be evermore naturally and effortlessly and joyfully realised by you, allowing the ever expanding being and becoming of all that you truely want to be do or have, evermore here and now, as you and all are being and becoming all that you truely want to be do or have, evermore here and now.
To help remind you always of who you truely are, all that you truely are being and becoming evermore here and now, as you also thus always want to allow your evermore natural and effortless and joyful greater allowed realisation of all that you and all truely are being and becoming evermore here and now.
Old 03-11-2020, 04:03 PM
Master

Quite honestly now that I am through menopause (15 years ago), I am so relieved i don't have those high emotions anymore. It was a rollercoaster ride.