Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-01-2023, 04:21 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seigo
CS Lewis (Awesome Literature composer )
explains this story with the following expression

as we dont have a soul we have a body with a soul stuffed inside it

Forgive my not being awed by Lewis's choice of words. More prosaically I prefer to say we live in a body animated by our soul / spirit.

Exactly where the soul / spirit is - inside or outside of us - is kinda hard to define so I don't try. I just picture it being present in every single atom of our being.
Old 17-01-2023, 05:20 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce
Forgive my not being awed by Lewis's choice of words. More prosaically I prefer to say we live in a body animated by our soul / spirit.

As I understand it, we are Souls who occasionally utilize bodies to experience 3-D. Iow, bodies don't have souls inside them, souls have bodies they employ, like costumes. On a somewhat related note, souls are multidimensional, and can and do animate multiple bodies simultaneously.

__/\__
Old 17-01-2023, 06:23 PM
Experiencer

occasionally? How often is that, once a century, once a millennium?

There's a fundamental flaw in the costume-and-body analogy. We don't wear a body as we would a wet suit. We can't just take our body off and get on with life incarnate. Separation from it invariably results in death of that body.

The idea that souls animate a number of bodies simultaneously is an interesting but unproven one.
Old 17-01-2023, 08:23 PM
Administrator
I would agree with Boyce

Namaste
Old 17-01-2023, 09:41 PM
Master
I would not appreciate life because of my immortality rather I would appreciate life because life is what I am. Time is irrelevant to our deeper being, that which many call “soul” or “spirit,”

The soul is not a 3-dimensional entity. I have bathed in my soul and it is formless. It may be located within us but it can expand far beyond our physical body. In this creation there is more then enough diversity to keep most people interested.

That which many refer to as “GOD” is immortal, all things come from God, including us. Do you think that God is tired of being immortal? Maybe that is why we were created; to satisfy God wanting to experience a mortal existence.

Like it or not, we are immortal, just not as human beings.
Old 18-01-2023, 09:28 AM
Newbie ;)

The question is faulty to begin with.

Eternity is our home and destination, only a limited mind programmed by the concepts of modern life would go insane at the thought of eternal life.

Appreciation is inherent in being alive.
Old 18-01-2023, 03:55 PM
Experiencer

Perhaps the question was rhetorical but if we had to ask whether God is tired of being immortal does it not show a lack of appreciation - not necessarily understanding - of what God is and what it is not?

If, though, the question a serious one, wouldn't it be the situation that from all the millions if not billions of souls who have experienced mortal existence God would already have gained a pretty good idea what being mortal means?
Old 18-01-2023, 05:07 PM
Guide

As souls reach perfection, they merge with source and source(God) is constantly spitting out a part of him/her,(Though he/she does sound masculine),like a revolving circle,(if you will),to learn, teach and control. The Metaverse is constantly expanding..............My opinion anyway.
Old 18-01-2023, 05:38 PM
Experiencer

In 'Soul Trek', a book channeled by Julie Gale, the metaphor for source / God is one of a huge, intense fire from which infinitesimally small particles in uncountable numbers are ejected and drift away while others are constantly returning to sink back and merge with the fire again. That fire is in a state of constant change but unwavering certainty and it never burns out.

The emerging particles represent the very beginning of the individuals we eventually become in this dimension, just partway in our journey 'home'. The returning ones represent the spiritually progressed individuals whose odyssey of discovery has ended and are spiritually ready to merge again with their source.
Old 18-01-2023, 06:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
...NO. In short we wouldn't appreciate it.
Why ?? Because we never appreciate anything ( within reason ) until we are coming to the end of our days and we "look back"...
I agree. How many people really appreciate the wonder of being alive in a human body on this interesting planet? How many people wake up filled with excitement at the opportunities of a new day? How many people feel gratitude for all their blessings, no matter how small?

If we cannot feel such appreciation during our very limited lifespan then we are unlikely to feel appreciative if the body lived indefinitely.

It does seem to be human nature to be dissatisfied with existence, always wanting more, always wanting things to be different. We may occasionally stop to smell the roses but this seems to be the exception.

I wonder how many people when faced with their mortality look back on their choices and wish they had done things differently. As I read somewhere, "No-one on their deathbed looks back on their life and wishes they had spent more time at the office."

Peace