Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 20-12-2022, 03:21 PM
Master
To me, a lie is intent, an intent to deceive or manipulate. You can read a fictional book and it not be considered a lie because it's intent is to entertain. I think there is a fine line between the two and it seems a lot of people are getting that confused.
Now let's consider this thread itself. We're trying really hard to make "lie" a scientific thing, that only deepens and justifies the lie in any meaning of the word.
Old 27-12-2022, 03:54 AM
Master

Because many people in practice seem to believe that words must have the one and only meaning they deem them to have, I would think that some rather mean people take advantage of their knowledge of that fact and from layman's point of view the resulting confusion may not be desirable to those who feel that they have been targeted... hence the more normal definition of a lie which is full of angst and recrimination...

but maybe there is some truth to the idea that if you don't find your relationship with words so stifled as to idolize them for their one true meaning, you might get a chance to get a better idea of what truth looks like...
Old 27-12-2022, 05:53 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
What is a lie to you, I should ask.
Anything other than truth except when it is not claimed as a truth (as in fiction, like you said). And agree with FallingLeaves that which is full or angst and recrimination. A claim for truth when it is not, is definitely a lie.
Old 27-12-2022, 06:13 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
Because many people in practice seem to believe that words must have the one and only meaning they deem them to have

Words mean whatever I want them to mean.

All statements are equally true. Every statement is a lie.
Old 27-12-2022, 11:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
Words mean whatever I want them to mean.

All statements are equally true. Every statement is a lie.

the down side of such extreme views is it makes it hard to communicate
Old 29-12-2022, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
Words mean whatever I want them to mean
what are your words worth? You want others to value you and your word, or be tossed aside. I guess the choice is yours.
Clear daytime skies are blue and nothing else. Just because an adult wants to pretend and believe there green on makes it a delusion. Unless you're color blind, then well...... Just admit your color blind and don't go through life insisting the sky is green.
Old 29-12-2022, 02:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Because many people in practice seem to believe that words must have the one and only meaning they deem them to have..
a lot of words do multiple meanings, a lot of words also only have 1. Like I mentioned, a lie is intent to manipulate, and decive made up of often many words. It is very common to find the truth within a lie. Like what I mentioned in the previous post on the colors blue and green. If you have the color blue and add yellow to it you'll make green. But the yellow is what you added to try an manipulate the situation to fit your wants.
Old 30-12-2022, 07:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
If you have the color blue and add yellow to it you'll make green. But the yellow is what you added to try an manipulate the situation to fit your wants.

yeah it is true, many people will add yellow to blue so that they can claim green to push whatever agenda they wanna push.

and many others will buy into it.

I called it 'sweettalk' in some other thread lol... as practiced though I find it one of the many adverse side effects to telling everyone to idolize wanting things and trying to get what they want.

personally though what I got from your little analogy was well geeze, blue and green are out of one set of primary colors, and yellow out of the other... sometimes lost in all the noise there are interesting analogies... lol..
Old 31-12-2022, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:
yeah it is true, many people will add yellow to blue so that they can claim green to push whatever agenda they wanna push.
in society we have the perfect set up for this.
Also a lie is now almost expected through something called being "sensitive". We cannot hurt anyone's feelings. That's the big push.
Just recently a co worker of mine got corrected for her job. She started to cry and ran to upper management because she got corrected on her job. She gets away with poor work because if someone tells her the truth she cry's and plays the sensitive game. We're all are expected to lie to her and tell her she's doing a good job.
Old 28-02-2023, 09:47 PM
Seeker

Why the acronym?