Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 21-08-2020, 05:03 PM
Newbie ;)

Questions about negative thoughts.

Hi all, I suffer with a lot of repetitive negative and anxious thoughts and so I tend to spend a lot of time trying to ignore them and/or replace them with a better thought. This can really wear me down some days. A few days ago I was trying to meditate and I had an image come to me of something that I don't want and fear (health related) and I tried to ignore it but the image didn't seem to go away. It made me anxious that I may somehow manifest it by having that image in my mind, especially while meditating and so I stopped meditating. The same thing happened today but I then also had a negative sentence come to me related to this image that again caused anxiety and made me stop meditating. I read that the thought itself does not manifest but focusing on something does and trying not to focus on something you don't want makes things worse. Also being in resistance can make something manifest? Does being in resistance mean being in fear of and or not wanting something? How do you not be in resistance to something you don't want? What do I do when I try to mediate and I have these negative thoughts or images come to me? Do I try to ignore them? Laugh at them? Do I state the opposite? I must admit the whole law of attraction/manifestation causes me no end of anxiety - I almost wish I never knew, when you have a mind like mine the last thing you want is to be able to manifest your thoughts.
Old 21-08-2020, 08:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly8i8
Hi all, I suffer with a lot of repetitive negative and anxious thoughts and so I tend to spend a lot of time trying to ignore them and/or replace them with a better thought. This can really wear me down some days. A few days ago I was trying to meditate and I had an image come to me of something that I don't want and fear (health related) and I tried to ignore it but the image didn't seem to go away. It made me anxious that I may somehow manifest it by having that image in my mind, especially while meditating and so I stopped meditating. The same thing happened today but I then also had a negative sentence come to me related to this image that again caused anxiety and made me stop meditating. I read that the thought itself does not manifest but focusing on something does and trying not to focus on something you don't want makes things worse. Also being in resistance can make something manifest? Does being in resistance mean being in fear of and or not wanting something? How do you not be in resistance to something you don't want? What do I do when I try to mediate and I have these negative thoughts or images come to me? Do I try to ignore them? Laugh at them? Do I state the opposite? I must admit the whole law of attraction/manifestation causes me no end of anxiety - I almost wish I never knew, when you have a mind like mine the last thing you want is to be able to manifest your thoughts.

You have to focus on what you want, not on what you don't want. As an example: if somebody tells you "don't think of a pink elephant!", guess what: you'll think about a pink elephant.

So, don't think that you don't want to be sick. Think that you want to be healthy!

Don't try to avoid something you don't want, but ignore it, replace that thought with one about something you want.

We don't manifest every thought we have, but we eventually manifest what we focused on, what consciously and unconsciously we expected.

Fear is the worst emotion for you; it disturbs your piece of mind now, and eventually manifests in your life what you feared.

Anger is another emotion to avoid, both for affecting you now, and manifesting into situations that bring more anger in you life, but also because eventually anger degenerates in fear (your anger manifests angry people).

Don't wish not to be aware of why and how situations and things manifest ... That is a useless thought. Be happy that you know about that, and that you can use it to you advantage. Now use it!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Master

There is the idea that what we resist, persists. And we all have to deal with negative and anxious thoughts, which give rise to the fear that these thoughts might become reality.

Manifestation operates on both a conscious and a subconscious level. We may consciously try to manifest something but our efforts are sabotaged by our subconscious thoughts and feelings. "This will never happen, I am not good enough, I don't deserve this, something bad is going to happen to me, etc, etc." It is like a tape recording continually playing in the background.

Which is why the process of manifestation doesn't work for everyone, and sometimes the law of attraction means that the things we fear actually come about.

So maybe look within and try to find where all these negative and anxious thoughts come from. Much of our development involves learning about our subconscious tendencies and clearing them out. I suspect that those who are most effective at conscious manifestation are those who are relatively clear in themselves, those who have erased that annoying tape recording in the background.

Peace
Old 23-08-2020, 04:23 PM
Master

Some meditate in order to open themselves, to listen. Others meditate to find tranquility. Assuming you wish for the latter I suggest you find a positive image to focus on. One of your choice, not one that sneaks up on the pedestal.
Old 25-08-2020, 05:45 PM
Master
Don't try to control your thoughts or replace them, this is against the law of attraction. By doing this you will actually get more negative thoughts.

Simply accept your entire situation and let it be ok that you are in a specifically negative emotion/energy/situation. Then from there you can reflect on that and find the general negative thought of that situation. Does require some contemplation. to figure it out. As from the general negative it is easy to establish the general positive grid to focus upon which then only the simple consistent focus upon it allows law of attraction to fill that in with more thoughts like it ongoingly. more enjoyable and specifically. But don't try to be more specific that back fires. IT is called the art of allowance too, for exactly that reason. You don't make the law of attraction work. You ALLOW the law of attraction to work for you. By knowing how it works and that it always works. And simply then focusing on the general positive which then the law of attraction fills it in.

But if you go from specifically negative to specifically positive, it backfires. And just expands the specifically negative situation. That is too big of a jump. It is energetically not possible. And it causes self contradictory energy which is the exact root of specifically negative thoughts. So simply generalise it. And then it is way more easy to to find and focus on the general positive. And then allowing the general positive grid to fill in is infact so easy that it is not even your work at all. The law of attraction does all of that for you.