Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 24-07-2020, 07:42 PM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angnix
I need some suggestions where to find a good person... I tried dating on Facebook... I deleted my profile on the dating app because I had literally a dozen men messaging me and it was overwhelming and they were asking me to come to their place after barely talking to them...
hi, sadly there will be those who are like that but please don't let them stop you. i don't know what dating sites will work for you in the present time, in the country, area you live in. I would recommend not talking to someone you have not met over messenger, mail too long before even if knowing if your chemistry is of a romantic nature. I would met the person in a public place and letting someone else know where and when you will meet that person, so just go out for coffee on a Sunday for example. Best of luck :)
Old 25-07-2020, 04:37 AM
asearcher

...me again...just thought of another idea - this is not so much about you going out on date but I think if you would look for other options as well and move out of your comfort zone (maybe you don't have a comfort zone, maybe that is just me) and join things where people will meet and do something, you could meet single people there as well as others and you can meet new friends. Take things you like to do or something you always wanted to try out but something got in your way, a hobby. see if you can find groups online that is active in the area you live or live close by, usually facebook could help you with that.

after a break up i soon realized I had to like try to distance myself from my friends group because even if he was the one to dump me, actually cancel our wedding plans out of the blue, and say it was over and then reconsider by his own admission and still then think he could both have me or not (but his friends claim he was simply trying to get me back. what ever it was it was not working for me as i could hardly look or talk to him), i was at first vulnerable because we had built our life together with common friends, places to go etc, etc. I did not want to risk bumping into him or be at a gathering where they just "forgot" to mention he was invited to. Or just found his way to smoothly "stop by" even without an invitation...both those stuff happened...I found one group online that were just people, new in town, and others who did things together sometimes in groups, sometimes someone was asking if this and this was in town on that date - did anyone else want to go? i jump right in there even though i was shy and thought it would be hard to make new friends (why was it so much easier when one was younger??), anyway, it worked out very well. this is to enhance your life quality and perhaps this way too you can find love.at first it almost felt like I had a gun to my head and it took me energy to meet new people but after a while it got much better, one always get to know someone bit by bit, and i began looking forward seeing some of those familiar faces as i was going to a thing in the city where we had scheduled to meet up.
Old 26-07-2020, 01:36 AM
Experiencer

I need to find local bird groups because that is my passion. I belong to fb groups about birds, and some Michigan specific... But I'd like to meet people IRL. I also wish I could find a local group for my disability for support.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:05 AM
Experiencer

I keep getting confused by him... I started trying to talk to other men... But he said today "I'm going to tell these men to leave my Angie alone!"

If he's not interested romantically, why so jealous? And that is not the first time he's said "My Angie" either... I'm so confused... If I message him hearts, he messages hearts back... If we are alone together, again with the backrubs... I'm just curious how I can find out his true feelings... And I keep seeing the number "42" to where I'm going crazy!!!
Old 09-09-2020, 03:43 AM
ant

Quote:
The felony thing I know way too much about that story... It's serious enough that he can't move in with me unless his name is cleared.

Paedophile?
Old 09-09-2020, 04:18 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Paedophile?

Yep... Accused of molesting a kid while babysitting... He's on probation after he did time for it, claims innocence...
Old 09-09-2020, 04:31 AM
Experiencer

Oh, and I asked and he explained he can't date me because in the past he's also been accused of taking advantage of mentally vulnerable people... I'm bipolar and autistic so yeah... Also he tells me this older woman is just his friend... But I've overheard phone conversations with her... He tells her he loves her, etc... Somethings not right and I know it...
Old 09-09-2020, 10:58 PM
ant

This guy has raised several obvious red flags,have nothing to do with him,he is a perverted manipulator and bad news.

Quote:
I need some suggestions where to find a good person...

Love & Dating~Wrong planet

Wrong planet might be more up your alley in regards to being on the spectrum and bipolar.

...and finding people and or someone like minded etc.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:05 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
This guy has raised several obvious red flags,have nothing to do with him,he is a perverted manipulator and bad news.

Love & Dating~Wrong planet

Wrong planet might be more up your alley in regards to being on the spectrum and bipolar.

...and finding people and or someone like minded etc.

Ummm... I've been a member of that forum since 2007... I have talked to my friends on there about this guy too and I've gotten the advice of just moving away because my family is domineering too...
Old 09-09-2020, 11:20 PM
ant

Quote:
Ummm... I've been a member of that forum since 2007...

Ah ok.

Maybe look at joining a meetup group your interested in,near your neck of the woods?

Meetup