Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-07-2020, 12:20 AM
Master

hehehehehehe
Old 18-07-2020, 01:04 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
Oh . . . I just love this. Always with you mental intellectuals . . . it’s never anything requiring personal responsibility. It’s as simple as passing the buck to some phantom aspect of Self built on “the foundation of your body by circumstances and influences. You are not that person” or some similar twisted definition.

Heck yeah. Let’s blame it on ego or duality / non-duality or . . . the foundation of your body by circumstances and influences. It cannot be ME. Nuh uh. It’s some other aspect I can blame . . . but it’s not ME.

Welcome to the modern dancing craze.

Don’t ask yourself . . . what aspects of my state of consciousness do I find detrimental and would like to more deeply understand and find ways to address them and lay them to rest. Instead . . . blame it on the current phantom and then wait it out of the “time isn’t right.”

That ought to add a couple of hundred lifetimes to the ongoing string.

And I can always hold onto . . . “Niz says . . . .”

Enjoy.

Yes there are those who have conviction for the search, but not all, particularly those who assert that separate persons are an illusion, so noone to have the personal responsibility you speak of. Niz, and most, acknowledge that characters vary so there can be different approaches to suit different characters rather than a totalitarian attitude in which one size has to fit all, and differences invalidated, or in some examples, eliminated altogether. Not many would want to live in a regime like that, perhaps not even you:)

Last edited by Iamit : 18-07-2020 at 02:05 AM.
Old 18-07-2020, 08:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
A friend has found the passage which indeed describes the fast realization (Trust) mentioned by Niz:-

"Q: Sir, I am an humble seeker, wandering from Guru to Guru in search of release. My mind is sick, burning with desire, frozen with fear. My days flit by, red with pain, grey with boredom. My age is advancing, my health decaying, my future dark and frightening. At this rate I shall live in sorrow and die in despair. Is there any hope for me? Or have I come too late?

Niz: Nothing is wrong with you, but the ideas you have of yourself are altogether wrong. It is not you who desires, fears and suffers, it is the person built on the foundation of your body by circumstances and influences. You are not that person. This must be clearly established in your mind and never lost sight of. Normally, it needs a prolonged sadhana, years of austerities and meditation.

Q: My mind is weak and vacillating. I have neither the strength nor the tenacity for sadhana. My case, is hopeless.

Niz: In a way yours is a most hopeful case. There is an alternative to sadhana, which is trust. If you cannot have the conviction born from fruitful search, then take advantage of my discovery, which I am so eager to share with you. I can see with the utmost clarity that you have never been, nor are, nor will be estranged from realty, that you are the fullness of perfection here and now and that nothing can deprive you of your heritage, of what you are. You are in no way different from me, only you do not know it. You do not know what you are and therefore you imagine your self to be what you are not. Hence desires and fear and overwhelming despair. And meaningless activity in order to escape".

This is the basis of most Neo Advaita, sometimes referred to as the Direct approach. It was always known by some but was not widely mentioned because it was felt that the time was not right. When it was more widely spread, it was largely invalidated by tradition and remains untrusted, so perhaps it was not the right time for it to be spread more widely.
Mate, not being funny but that's exactly the passage I was referring to.
Old 18-07-2020, 09:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Mate, not being funny but that's exactly the passage I was referring to.

When one clicks the link you gave, what comes up is a different passage headed 81. The Root Causes of fear, but maybe I didnt go down far enough. Anyway thanks for your response.
Old 18-07-2020, 10:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
When one clicks the link you gave, what comes up is a different passage headed 81. The Root Causes of fear, but maybe I didnt go down far enough. Anyway thanks for your response.
As I said, you have to scroll about a quarter of the way down the webpage to find the passage I was referring to (I'd just have copied and pasted it, but I thought that would be against the forum's rules on quoting published works).
Old 18-07-2020, 11:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
As I said, you have to scroll about a quarter of the way down the webpage to find the passage I was referring to (I'd just have copied and pasted it, but I thought that would be against the forum's rules on quoting published works).

Understood. Thanks again.
Old 18-07-2020, 03:40 PM
Master

With all due respect to the mental / intellectual approach . . .

“Illusion.” Yeah . . . I shoulda added that to my previous short list.

One thing about Greater Truth . . . IT ( LIFE ) doesn’t change IT-self to suit the perspective of the individual. IT waits for *you* to figure it out . . . and then *you* change to become a greater part of IT through a more broad and greater understanding of LIFE IT-self.

Yet one thing about the mental approach . . . it’s almost magical to watch the psychological ploys and dodges work their wizardry. One can deny, dodge, sidestep, re-define, misinterpret, bury, dismiss, invalidate, dislike etc. . . . what is right in front of ones’ face and they just do not see it.

A great deal of the entire purpose of the so-called Path is to learn personal responsibility . . . and LIFE has absolutely *no* trouble in letting anyone take “forever” to figure that out. If you want to equate LIFE IT-self with “one-size-fits-all” . . . then again . . . enjoy. Makes no difference whether “many would want to live in a regime like that” or not. You are living within the Wholeness of LIFE. Learn to acknowledge, adapt, and explore . . . or . . . delight in the “separate persons are an illusion” until “different approaches and characters” are available.

Mind is a lower manifestation of the creative abilities of Soul Itself. Translation . . . mind can “create” to the extent that it can and within the realms that it does. Therefore . . . mind can create the dodges that promotes its continuation . . . endlessly and freely. Each will endure in this until they are totally exhausted with the mental understanding of LIFE . . . as far as it goes . . . and that is rarely a pleasing experience. Then begins the long exploration of separating Soul Itself from the mind. Mind is *not* Soul . . . and Soul is *not* mind.

Mind is the greatest tool Soul has in exploring and learning the rudimentary basics of creativity. Within the psychic worlds . . . mind is to be fully discovered, explored, and utilized . . . and ultimately understood for what it is.

Admittedly . . . the true discovery of that *does* take forever.

So . . . while in the mental amusement park . . . enjoy. I’m done with this.
Old 18-07-2020, 05:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
With all due respect to the mental / intellectual approach . . .

“Illusion.” Yeah . . . I shoulda added that to my previous short list.

One thing about Greater Truth . . . IT ( LIFE ) doesn’t change IT-self to suit the perspective of the individual. IT waits for *you* to figure it out . . . and then *you* change to become a greater part of IT through a more broad and greater understanding of LIFE IT-self.

Yet one thing about the mental approach . . . it’s almost magical to watch the psychological ploys and dodges work their wizardry. One can deny, dodge, sidestep, re-define, misinterpret, bury, dismiss, invalidate, dislike etc. . . . what is right in front of ones’ face and they just do not see it.

A great deal of the entire purpose of the so-called Path is to learn personal responsibility . . . and LIFE has absolutely *no* trouble in letting anyone take “forever” to figure that out. If you want to equate LIFE IT-self with “one-size-fits-all” . . . then again . . . enjoy. Makes no difference whether “many would want to live in a regime like that” or not. You are living within the Wholeness of LIFE. Learn to acknowledge, adapt, and explore . . . or . . . delight in the “separate persons are an illusion” until “different approaches and characters” are available.

Mind is a lower manifestation of the creative abilities of Soul Itself. Translation . . . mind can “create” to the extent that it can and within the realms that it does. Therefore . . . mind can create the dodges that promotes its continuation . . . endlessly and freely. Each will endure in this until they are totally exhausted with the mental understanding of LIFE . . . as far as it goes . . . and that is rarely a pleasing experience. Then begins the long exploration of separating Soul Itself from the mind. Mind is *not* Soul . . . and Soul is *not* mind.

Mind is the greatest tool Soul has in exploring and learning the rudimentary basics of creativity. Within the psychic worlds . . . mind is to be fully discovered, explored, and utilized . . . and ultimately understood for what it is.

Admittedly . . . the true discovery of that *does* take forever.

So . . . while in the mental amusement park . . . enjoy. I’m done with this.

There maybe experiences that have resulted in that level of projection (condemnation of characteristics in others you have been conditioned to believe are unacceptable in yourself) which no doubt you will discover in your journey of self discovery. Be well and Good luck with taking personal responsibility for such a tricky undertaking. I hope you make it through.

"Me I'm still in trouble, sorry, sick, and sad" Louden Wainwright III.:)

Last edited by Iamit : 18-07-2020 at 06:58 PM.