Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 07-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Guide
While I think meditation in all schools would be an amazing thing, I can't see it bringing 100% positivity. I beleive meditation allows us to cultivate the energy inside of us and this energy doesn't have to be positive (although most meditators focus on positivity). I believe the world consists of a balance of positive and negative (light and darkness). This idea is seen in science where every positive has a negative. I do believe meditation should be included in schools in order to bring a deeper understanding to the youth and clear up all the social misunderstandings. We could lean the world towards more positivity with well guided meditations (this would require lots of energy from elders in order to impose a shift in the balance).
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 07-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Seeker

ThoughtOnFire - thank you for posting! :)
Old 08-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Guide
Your will come!
Old 17-07-2015, 01:20 AM
Ascender
I'd vote for it.
Old 18-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
If approached in the right way, it tends to bring about awareness of a person's unconscious mental activity...

Awesome! Intent is very important. I have also found that letting go and just doing is key. Amazing how to become aware of unconscious mental activity in all aspects we must focus on the breath - breath being something we often take for granted and don't appreciate the depth of what it is.
Old 19-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Pathfinder

My opinion is that not only should meditation be taught in schools, but also astral projection!! But if you know how to meditate, then you're halfway to astral projection already.
Old 19-07-2015, 10:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro_Man
My opinion is that not only should meditation be taught in schools, but also astral projection!! But if you know how to meditate, then you're halfway to astral projection already.
The benefits of meditation are well known.
Teaching meditation as a standard in schools would be a good thing on the short as well as the long term.

Astral projection is less known. Can you name some benefits of the practice of astral projection?
Old 20-07-2015, 01:03 AM
Master
I'd be concerned about what load of rubbish might become dominant and hope the sort of nonsense that is said about meditation in popular culture doesn't become 'education'. Who then will be the qualified teachers of meditation? 'Spiritual people' who push their own values, beliefs and spiritual nonsense? Is this just another 'should'? Will the 'teachers' be able to deal with the kind of aftercare that might be needed, or even know what I mean by that?
Old 20-07-2015, 04:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'd be concerned about what load of rubbish might become dominant and hope the sort of nonsense that is said about meditation in popular culture doesn't become 'education'. Who then will be the qualified teachers of meditation? 'Spiritual people' who push their own values, beliefs and spiritual nonsense? Is this just another 'should'? Will the 'teachers' be able to deal with the kind of aftercare that might be needed, or even know what I mean by that?
The principle of meditation is not complicated at all. It can be taught by practically everyone.
Meditation is not about concepts as 'values', 'beliefs' and 'other spiritual nonsense'. It is about being still and empty for a few moments.

I would say. Any kind of meditation is better than no meditation at all, with regards to vicious behaviour.
Old 20-07-2015, 06:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
The principle of meditation is not complicated at all. It can be taught by practically everyone.
Meditation is not about concepts as 'values', 'beliefs' and 'other spiritual nonsense'. It is about being still and empty for a few moments.

In this meditation section you can see what people think meditation is, and how value laden these views are.

Quote:
I would say. Any kind of meditation is better than no meditation at all, with regards to vicious behaviour.

I think people have idealistic notions and tend to ignore the deeper ethical considerations, generally speaking, but one might ask if it's ethical to impose spiritual values in compulsory education at all?