Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Seeker

Swinging during meditation

Hello people,

I know there is a very similar post on this part of forums, but its not completely the same because the experience differ a bit. Anyways, while im meditating I feel this rocking motion, like I am on the swing swinging or like someone is pushing me to the side. Sometimes its really strong so my body sometimes actually leans on side a bit.

When I try to concentrate on it, it feels like I go deeper in meditation, but I get out of that deeper meditation feeling after like few seconds of focusing on the rocking motion, I dont know why.

Few days back I was meditating and I was on my bed in kneeling position, I meditated and after 20 minutes (Im a beginner so I practice to meditate longer, 20 minutes is an improvement, but Ill do more for sure) I was done and I felt like laying on the bed and all I did was just threw myself down in side laying position and I felt a strong link, like someones hand or maybe a big chain thats connected to this not physical body and its trying to pull me back to my kneeling position and continue meditating, I was really tired that time and I just ignored it and fell asleep tho.
Old 27-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiInt
Hello people,

I know there is a very similar post on this part of forums, but its not completely the same because the experience differ a bit. Anyways, while im meditating I feel this rocking motion, like I am on the swing swinging or like someone is pushing me to the side. Sometimes its really strong so my body sometimes actually leans on side a bit.

When I try to concentrate on it, it feels like I go deeper in meditation, but I get out of that deeper meditation feeling after like few seconds of focusing on the rocking motion, I dont know why.

Few days back I was meditating and I was on my bed in kneeling position, I meditated and after 20 minutes (Im a beginner so I practice to meditate longer, 20 minutes is an improvement, but Ill do more for sure) I was done and I felt like laying on the bed and all I did was just threw myself down in side laying position and I felt a strong link, like someones hand or maybe a big chain thats connected to this not physical body and its trying to pull me back to my kneeling position and continue meditating, I was really tired that time and I just ignored it and fell asleep tho.

Hi InfiInt
I have also been getting the rocking motion from side to side and i have also start doing meditation in the kneeling position which i dont know if thats the reason.

I have a feeling its just energy that wants to go threw a channel in your body that is a bit blocked and the motion is to let the energy go up threw the channel or unblocking as it goes up.This is just a guess so i am not sure.
I can stop mine if i want to and tried to let my body go with the motion but
it's too distracting so i dont.The energy is not harmfull i dont think.

The part where your body wants to "(I did was just threw myself down in side laying position)" here is a link a friend gave me http://www.aypsite.org/183.html. Looks to me your body wants to do Asanas the Postures are on that site, there is one that you lay down on your side.
So by doing Asanas before you meditate i think it will help.

Hope someone that knows more can give us advice!!!
Hope the link helps you
Good luck
Old 06-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Seeker

Hi InfiInt

Regarding rocking/swimming motion during meditation: I am part of a regular meditation group each week. My teacher and also another student experiences this same sensation. The energy is simply working on your spiritual 'blockages' and giving you what you need. When this happens just go with it - it's a good thing! Not harmful at all. And offer it up to the universe so you are not attached to it either.
So a bit of corroboration with Anthony C's answer :)
Old 08-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Guide
Rocking puts the baby to sleep.

Rocking is rhythmic, and it has a frequency. Our spiritual energy also has rhythmic frequency. Rocking with the spiritual energy creates a resonance of energy at a higher amplitude, increasing our connection to soul

This idea is similar to dancing to music. Both have resonant frequencies and amplifies our energy.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 10-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Seeker

Great! Thanks everyone for your answers. I have experienced rocking motions in the same way long before I started practicing meditation, it happened while I was on my computer sometimes or I used to happen when I layed in my bed to go to sleep.

Thank you for your answers. I wont fight it next time at all, Ill just leave it be and go with it!
Old 10-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Master
My rocking motion just went away by it self any ideas why?
Old 10-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
My rocking motion just went away by it self any ideas why?

Your probably just in a different phase of your meditative practice.

Sometimes if I'm having issues getting into deep meditation, I will self impose a slow rhythmic sway. Small sway balanced over your center balance point. Sway is not necessary if you are having good meditations. It's just another tool in the big box of tools.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 10-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
Your probably just in a different phase of your meditative practice.

Sometimes if I'm having issues getting into deep meditation, I will self impose a slow rhythmic sway. Small sway balanced over your center balance point. Sway is not necessary if you are having good meditations. It's just another tool in the big box of tools.

Hi there The Back Seat
Will keep that in mind if i dont have a good meditation
It happens from time to time
Thanks
Old 10-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Experiencer

The Universe is ever in motion...seems kinda odd that we should seek and expect to achieve stillness.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Seeker
The Universe is ever in motion...seems kinda odd that we should seek and expect to achieve stillness.

The Universe i guess dont have issues like we do.
You can do movement meditation too.