Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 22-09-2018, 06:30 PM
Pathfinder

Does food dictate how open or closed we are to spirit? I

This may be a complicated question but if so I was wondering how I can add this on to my everyday life. If junk food is bad for spirit (speaking in terms of whether it may be because I don’t know) is it okay to have it occasionally? Or should I just stay away from it altogether. If the answer is yes junk is bad I’d possibly like to know which junk foods are bad so I can better myself. :)
Old 22-09-2018, 10:36 PM
Master
If you have to force yourself to do it, it can not be beneficial in any way.
Opening up to spirit as you word it, does not come though will-full actions, in the contrary.
Old 26-09-2018, 08:41 AM
Master
Yes it does, our body is the temple of ‘god’. Food choices determine our capabilities to be in meditation and influence our thoughts and actions.
Old 27-09-2018, 08:05 PM
Master
I'd say that as long as you are eating a healthy diet that what you eat has nothing to do with spirituality.....Humans are an omnivore and are built to eat pretty much everything.....

That being said clearly healthy foods are better than eating junk!!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 28-09-2018, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator
It's what's in your Heart that dictates how open or closed you are to Spirit. And how you train your thoughts to meet up to what's in your Heart.

Eating some junk food now and again won't hurt you unless you are allergic or have food sensitivities.
So long as you don't live on it. Don't eat junk food instead of a proper meal, healthy food. Eating a little now and again is fine!
Not getting enough nutrients can dull your body and mind and make it very hard for your Soul to communicate with your brain.
Old 28-09-2018, 02:44 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I'd say that as long as you are eating a healthy diet that what you eat has nothing to do with spirituality.....Humans are an omnivore and are built to eat pretty much everything.....

That being said clearly healthy foods are better than eating junk!!

Humans might be able to eat anything (keeps us from starvation) but that doesn't mean it's all good for us. I belong to a FB group and people regularly write their little testimonials when they join. I've read that dropping meat and dairy has cured their heart disease, fatty liver disease, diabetes....one lady even shared the story how her husband did not have to start forking over $60,000 a year on MS meds. Because he quit eating meat and dairy and all signs of MS disappeared.

Keeping the above in mind plus the overwhelming support of the research that is available for all of us to read, I think that calling meat and dairy part of a healthy diet is completely flawed. It keeps us from starvation and that's about it.
Old 28-09-2018, 03:38 PM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl
This may be a complicated question but if so I was wondering how I can add this on to my everyday life. If junk food is bad for spirit (speaking in terms of whether it may be because I don’t know) is it okay to have it occasionally? Or should I just stay away from it altogether. If the answer is yes junk is bad I’d possibly like to know which junk foods are bad so I can better myself. :)

I don't real'y see eating dead flesh or fake food as making us open to spirit, yes it is complicated as it is personal,,,,,,,but some junk food some times i'm sure like other peeps say is ok and can be good for the soul, crispy chips, ice cream choc un nuts, pizza, and all yummy stuff.
in places where others do not.

Last edited by Pagandell : 29-09-2018 at 02:11 AM.
Old 28-09-2018, 08:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
Humans might be able to eat anything (keeps us from starvation) but that doesn't mean it's all good for us. I belong to a FB group and people regularly write their little testimonials when they join. I've read that dropping meat and dairy has cured their heart disease, fatty liver disease, diabetes....one lady even shared the story how her husband did not have to start forking over $60,000 a year on MS meds. Because he quit eating meat and dairy and all signs of MS disappeared.

Keeping the above in mind plus the overwhelming support of the research that is available for all of us to read, I think that calling meat and dairy part of a healthy diet is completely flawed. It keeps us from starvation and that's about it.

Go back and reread what I said.....I said exactly that....that while we are made to eat just about anything edible that clearly eating junk is not the healthy way to go.

I'll dismiss the rest as you interjecting vegan propaganda into a conversation about junk food and spirituality.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 29-09-2018, 04:57 PM
Guide

Keep in mind that the body is a physical manifestation, and spirit is energy.

Do you feel good? Then your diet is probably adequate.
Do you feel awful and have digestive issues, which make spiritual work very difficult? Then you need to change what you eat.

Rational amounts of a specific food won't make any difference to spiritual development. There are vegan spiritualists and mediums. There are also plenty of omnivores doing the same work.

So honor your body as the physical temple that it is. Give it quality food of whatever sort agrees with it. Don't overdo any aspect of eating or drinking. A bit of junk food isn't going to hurt anything.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:34 AM
Master
Bunny You are what you eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
I don't real'y see eating dead flesh or fake food as making us open to spirit, yes it is complicated as it is personal,,,,,,,but some junk food some times i'm sure like other peeps say is ok and can be good for the soul, crispy chips, ice cream choc un nuts, pizza, and all yummy stuff.

Sorry about the strong words like eating dead flesh, but I got a bit wound up with peeps coming on to a veg/ vegan section of a spiritual forums and saying stuff like we are omnivores, why would you do that unless its a wind up.
Some of my close friends and family eat meat I do not have a problem with that. But some times I feel I need to speak up and say my bit when I feel my vegie brothers and sisters are being disrespected.

Peace
in places where others do not.

Last edited by Pagandell : 07-10-2018 at 10:24 AM.