Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 07-05-2020, 04:35 PM
Seeker

Feeling Pulled In A Different Direction

I should probably tell my councilor about this but I'm unsure how to explain this to her. I really want to be an artist, but I keep feeling pulled to be a spiritual leader of some sort. As much as I would like to be a leader I'm reluctant to be a spiritual leader because I hate forcing my beliefs on others. I strongly believe people should at least have the freedom to believe what they want as long as it doesn't hurt others. I have told my mother how I want to be an artist and she even agrees that I'm meant to be more of a leader then an artist and that I should do more for the community by mentoring more children. I already mentor a young girl however, I'm reluctant to mentor more children as I feel that would make the relationship I have with this young girl less special. Also as much as I would like to teach her about spiritual stuff I don't want to force my beliefs on her. What can I do? I really want to be an artist, but I keep feeling pushed in the direction of being a spiritual leader not only by my family but also my own intuition. I really don't want to force my beliefs on others though.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:50 PM
Kioma

What kind of art do you do?
Old 07-05-2020, 04:58 PM
Seeker

I mostly draw in manga style and want to be a manga artist but as much as I like art deep down I feel as though art is more of a hobby. I keep feeling as though I'm meant to be a spiritual leader but I really dont want to force my beliefs on others.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:05 PM
Kioma

Being a spiritual leader can be a very difficult calling that requires great sacrifice and dedication.

But, there are many ways for a person to develop and express their spirituality without being a spiritual leader or forcing their beliefs on others. Let me suggest that you draw a manga with a spiritual theme. This would be an exploration and expression unique to you, that no one else can do, and others are then free to get what they want from your manga, or even just to enjoy the artwork. This gives you free expression of your art and your spirituality, and leaves others free too.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:12 PM
Seeker

Perhaps I do tend to put my beliefs into my stories and drawings sometimes.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:19 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoDoll90
Perhaps I do tend to put my beliefs into my stories and drawings sometimes.
I think we all put our beliefs into what we create, one way or another.

Set out purposely to do it. See what happens. Perhaps you will find that your first spiritual student will be yourself.
Old 09-05-2020, 01:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoDoll90
I mostly draw in manga style and want to be a manga artist but as much as I like art deep down I feel as though art is more of a hobby. I keep feeling as though I'm meant to be a spiritual leader but I really dont want to force my beliefs on others.
The first prerequisite for becoming a "spiritual leader" is to drop all premise and expectation...which is a very difficult thing to do.

As much as it pains me to say it, being a true spiritual teacher/leader is the direct result of how you choose to live your own life, then if others are interested, they will seek you out and if not, that shouldn't matter either. Lead yourself first, then you can lead others. In this way, you won't be forcing your beliefs on others either....if they are interested, they will stay...if not, they will go...it's their choice to buy what you are selling...you don't have any responsibility to them whatsoever.

Meanwhile, if your art makes you happy..continue with it. There is nothing to say that you cannot be an artist and a spiritual leader at the same time...one can also compliment the other (as Kioma has rightly pointed out)...there really isn't any "this OR that" when you can easily do both.

Good luck and God bless.