Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 20-04-2020, 03:04 PM
Seeker

Losing My Beliefs

Sorry I haven't been here in a while, but lately I've been struggling with my beliefs. I have always had this strange interest in things like psychic powers and always wished I had some kind of psychic ability. I believed that I had the ability to see the future in my dreams sometimes as some of my dreams would later seem to come true. But maybe it was all just coincidence and just me wanting to believe I have some sort of psychic ability. It seems more and more that my ability to see the future is all in my head and that I'm actually ADHD and don't even deserve to exist because I'm so useless. I'm even losing my belief in a higher power and am starting to believe that life is meaningless and has no purpose. I hate to think that though. There is part of me that still wants to believe, but then why is it that when I don't take my ADHD medications I have so much energy and am so emotional to the point that I can't focus but when I do take my medications my energy is able to slow down and I can focus and am not so emotional. I hate to sound whinny but I hate thinking that psychic powers and stuff like that don't exist. I want to believe again but I see no evidence. All I see is evidence that I am indeed ADHD and useless.
Old 20-04-2020, 05:50 PM
Master
Personally I would look into self help books, videos etc. about how to SAVE yourself and how to build up self esteem.

I have all these weird symptoms too, but I am gaining control by practicing self love.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 20-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Master
I think there are higher powers but we do not need to lose our sense of dignity and self respect in order to access them.

Old 20-04-2020, 06:05 PM
Seeker

I'm not sure how I can feel good about myself if I really do have ADHD. I would much rather have psychic powers then ADHD.
Old 21-04-2020, 12:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoDoll90
I'm not sure how I can feel good about myself if I really do have ADHD. I would much rather have psychic powers then ADHD.

Perhaps they are the same thing?

Old 21-04-2020, 01:42 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoDoll90

Well, I can't blame you for preferring psychic powers to ADHD, that's kind of an uneven choice. But I don't see why having ADHD need keep you from feeling good about yourself. If so, then you are not properly defining yourself. I have found, and others will tell you as well, that sometimes what may at first seem like a negative in life can in hindsight end up being ones greatest gift. Our challenges in life can push us down paths that we might not otherwise have gone. And those paths can shape us and lead us to grow and expand in ways we could not have predicted when first faced with these challenges. That said, the view from the top of the mountain always looks better and seems more worth it then the view from the bottom did when one first starts their climb. Take your medicine and deal with your ADHD, don't let ADHD become an anchor and excuse for not climbing, just look at it as one more of the mountains you must climb out of the many we will all face in life.
Old 21-04-2020, 02:40 PM
ImthatIm

IndigoDoll90
Just as you can choose to see your negatives,
you can choose to see your positives.

It may require practice to build upon them.
Old 21-04-2020, 02:51 PM
Seeker

I don't see how challenges can be a good thing. As for looking for seeing my positives It's kind of hard for me. I want to believe in myself but there are these constant thoughts telling me that nothing I do matters and that all of my accomplishments mean nothing because I still have ADHD despite that. I try to fight these thoughts by thinking things like the things I have accomplished do matter because I worked so hard for them, but still I find myself wanting to feel sad all the time.
Old 21-04-2020, 03:00 PM
Master

Challenges are a good thing. They hone our beliefs. It's through difficult times we improve our core person. The person inside of you. You know she is there but you can't quite put your finger on her. But she's watching you and picking up information as you live your life.

I agree with Honza. Self love. That can't be stressed enough. How do you learn self love? By accepting you for who you are right now. You have every right to be here just like the rest of us.

Earth is school. School is for learning. When you can accept that (it's a very humbling experience) you are on your way to self love. Then when difficulties come your way you can say, "Oh, okay, this is another learning experience. What am I to learn from it?"
Old 21-04-2020, 04:34 PM
ImthatIm

IndigoDoll90

Have you seen the studies on ADHD being from hunter-gatherer genetics.

Which would make it more of a genetic attribute rather then a dysfunction.

here is one such article on it.

https://www.healthline.com/health/adhd/evolution#1

I would encourage you to find a way to make ADHD work to your advantage.