Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 30-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Master
ipods & mp3 players are good for that also, on shuffle mode. Lot of synchronicity involved with songs. I think the shuffle is like an oracle in a way. The gods of music & electronic music devices are wise. Or rather, Higher powers work their ways through the placement and timing of music.
Old 30-01-2011, 06:31 AM
sapphire97

Book1

i love when songs do that !
Old 03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Master

When I found myself in a difficult time, desparate and praying for help, I heard this song on the radio when I turned it on;" You can go your own way" from Fleetwood Mac. It still gives me goosebumps.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Deactivated Account
I haven't experienced this in waking life but on several occasions I've woken up with a song playing in my head that is spookily appropriate to a situation going on in my life at the time. When I can't hear all the lyrics I always look them up because when songs appear randomly overnight there is always a strong message.
Old 24-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
ipods & mp3 players are good for that also, on shuffle mode. Lot of synchronicity involved with songs. I think the shuffle is like an oracle in a way. The gods of music & electronic music devices are wise. Or rather, Higher powers work their ways through the placement and timing of music.

I agree with you! Last sunday I was driving my car and the cd player was on Shuffle. There are almost 200 songs on the USB stick I was listening to and then I thought of a particular person and asked him to give me a sign if he heard me. Well, 4 songs from the same band played successively and there was my answer. So amazing!
Old 26-02-2011, 10:12 PM
searching87

Wink Axiom

Just a synchronicity that I wanted to share:

This is a synchronicity that I hope will inspire and help you hold to your truth, it has helped me. When I was in highschool I had bought a CD called "Eastern Odyssey", The song was called "Evanescent" by "Axiom of Choice". I was being driven to school at the time, when the song came up on my ipod. I wondered what the word meant, when I looked up and saw "Axiom" on the licence plate of the car in front of ours.

I looked up the word at the time, and the definition is, a self-evident truth.

I've always held this message in high regard and hope that it can help you hold to your own beliefs even if others don't agree, there are messages everywhere.

It's a beautiful song, I cannot post urls yet, but it can be found on youtube... under "Evanescent" by Axiom of Choice.
Old 15-03-2011, 09:01 AM
iklenic

I read in a book a little while ago that yes you can kind of use your ipod mp3 as a kind of oracle, you think of the question/ situation, and hit shuffle... your answer could be in the song title or the words its self, I have used this a few times for fun, and it works x
Old 13-05-2014, 07:22 AM
Experiencer
(Bumping this thread)
I was listening to Last.fm radio about a month ago, lots of different artists playing and them "Sirens" by Pearl Jam started. It was the first time I listened to it. I thought it was really beautiful and since Last.fm player uses youtube videos that one had the lyrics so I was paying attention to it.
"Want you to know, that should I go
I always loved you, held you high above, true"
And then the phone rang, the sad news, my grandma SO's sister had just passed. He barely couldn't sleep that day. But I didn't mentioned the song to him 'cause he's so close-minded that he would probably reject anything I said.
:(

There was a song that would always pop whenever my radio was on, I never knew if it was 'cause it was so popular/getting overplayed or if it had any significance to me. It was "I'm the highway" by Audioslave. It's not like I had my radio on all day, but whatever it was so long ago.

I usually put my Ipod on shuffle too. More than 5000 songs and yet it sometimes make "full messages" with song titles. I can't say it's all random but once in a while I think of something/question and just take up to 10 songs titles. (the first ones, unless it all connect in some way that I keep it going on)
Sometimes it makes no sense whatsoever so who knows.

I have been listening to songs on my head since my childhood, I guess it's mostly my memory working. Sounds the same as real music in a lower volume, distant. It's been annoying a couple of times when I can't get rid of a specific song, especially if I don't like it. So I try to think of another one to replace it. It has helped me to learn to play some songs by ear and memory. But it's not all the time. In some rare occasions the songs were unknown/new at least to me.

Today I just found myself singing this U2's lines out of nowhere:
"You speak of signs and wonders
I need something other
I would believe if I was able
But I'm waiting on the crumbs from your table"
I really like this song but I can't remember the last time I listened to it. I can't think of any special meaning, maybe it was just random.
Old 13-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Master
server busy double post malfunction
Old 13-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Master
The other day my mp3 player which contained (I've since changed the music on it) around 1000 songs, was on shuffle and 3 different versions of 'Central Reservation' by Beth Orton came on consecutively. I was surprised there were even that many, I just threw all of Beth Orton on and had no real idea there were 3 different versions of that particular song in my library in the first place.

And no it wasn't on repeat or anything because it continued randomizing after that.

I have no idea what the meaning of it was, other than something to get my attention.

I've also experienced a similar 3 song wonder shuffle with songs entitled 'Monster'. It honestly may have been 4 in a row, as unlikely as that seems and maybe I'm making it a bigger fish story type thing due to how blown away I was at the time.

After checking, they were the only 3 (or 4) songs on the mp3 player entitled monster, which also surprised me that there were that many as they were all by different artists.

In fact, looking through my entire music library of 17+ thousand tracks on the cpu right now, there are only 3 songs with the title. Kayne West, Parov Stelar & The Mighty Underdogs. So that solves whether it was 3 or 4, although there may have been a 4th with "monster" in the title somewhere. So that's even more amazing to me considering that I unwittingly just so happened to chose to put all of them on the mp3 player at the same time. However at the time I probably had a few thousand less songs, so I suppose it's slightly less incredible, lol.

Good call on the thread bump btw, nice to unearth some classics from pages and years of yore every so often.