Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 19-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Nada

Encounter with a horrible human being....

Sometimes, some human beings just shock me to my core with their unempathetic, insensitive, idiotic, selfish, and cruel behaviors.
Their absolute disregards for the beautiful creatures that we are lucky enough to share our environment with.... blow me away each and every single time....

How soul-less one has to be... to do something this horrific.

http://news.yahoo.com/melissa-bachma...161458798.html
Old 20-11-2013, 06:48 AM
Ecthalion

I followed your link Nada, and I was shocked at the photo' I saw. Unfortunately, some people seem to delight in death and destruction. I hope that one day we, as a species, will become less cruel. I hope this happens soon though, before it is too late.
Old 20-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Master

The cruelty and thoughtlessness of man (and woman) ....

'Walk in the ways of love and compassion, let all creatures live in happiness and in peace.'

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 20-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Guide
It's a matter of perspective really. For one she was paying huge money to hunt on a conservatory where they raise those rare animals and the only way these places can afford to operate is to do the safaris. Without the safaris bringing money in all those lions would have died off and the areas turned into farmland by the locals long ago. This way at least the lion population is managed and sustained.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that lion wouldn't feel remorse for a creature it's killed, and it looks like it was a good kill from the photo. Will make a heck of a trophy.
Old 20-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
It's a matter of perspective really. For one she was paying huge money to hunt on a conservatory where they raise those rare animals and the only way these places can afford to operate is to do the safaris. Without the safaris bringing money in all those lions would have died off and the areas turned into farmland by the locals long ago. This way at least the lion population is managed and sustained.
Safari-goers usually shoot with cameras. There is no need to kill an animal to save its species.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
Besides, I'm pretty sure that lion wouldn't feel remorse for a creature it's killed. It looks like it was a good kill from the photo. Will make a heck of a trophy.
Humans are more advanced morally speaking than lions - or at least most of us are.
Old 20-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Master

I never understand why killing is a sport.

I remember one person I worked for did a lot of shooting and he shot an elephant. The congratulations and adulations he received "great shot"- sort of remarks. I never understood it. An elephant is huge, you can't really miss ...
Old 20-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Guide
If instead of paying big money to kill a beautiful creature those rich people could used that money to keep conservatories operating, it would be a big improvement for society.

It infuriates me when people think that those animals are nothing more than trophies. To me it is no different than the thinking Jeffery Dahmer had with keeping pieces of his victims. I see these beautiful creatures as victims without a voice. Why is killing an animal thought of as such a great accomplishment? It might be different if the animal had a gun and was shooting back. I realize that Lions are fierce animals, but they are surviving when they kill. We, humans, on the other hand are doing it for some sort of enjoyment? I do not understand that sort of thinking, nor do I want to.

My heart hurts each time I see something like this because it reminds me just how vicious humans are. I hope that one day we, humans, evolve beyond this sort of barbaric behavior. (hope is the key word there)

Peace and Light to you all,
SC
Old 20-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Guide
Quote:
There is no need to kill an animal to save its species.
There is, that's why they allow the hunting in the first place. Whenever you go on these things the guide tells you which animal you can shoot and they only allow you to take older animals usually male. If the population grows too large and hunts out the prey then there will be a massive die off. Another reason is to keep sickness from spreading.

What I find sad about this is the hypocrisy, ignorance, and perhaps the futility most of all. People feel strongly about these lions but think nothing of the suffering of the hundreds of animals they consume every year. If you really feel so strongly about it try running an animal preserve. Or at least focus on a real problem like ivory poaching. Of course, no matter what people feel 99.8% of the time they will do nothing.

You can criticize all you like but at least they are doing something to preserve the lion population.
Old 20-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Guide
Just to add a little information:

I have been in charge of a wolf preserve here in the states. I know exactly how hard it is to keep these animals safe from poachers.

My comments were made to reflect the way I feel about hunting all sorts of animals for sport, not for food. I also believe that nature keeps a strong balance in the population of the wild species. A number of wild animals never grown into adulthood because nature can be quite harsh. This is why preserves and conservations are in place, in order to not lose these animals all together.

I do agree with one thing, we must all get involved and DO something to prevent these types of murders.
Old 20-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Guide
@Spiritcarrier, I bow to you then. Actually I tend to feel the same way. Hunting for food rather than buying cow or because the deer population gets out of control is fine, but doing it just for the thrill is a bit different.

The flipside though is that I don't know that it's truly wrong. Humans are, before anything else, an animal. We all have base behaviors that the higher brain functions normally keep suppressed, but that doesn't necessarily change who we are. I don't think it's a bad thing for people to explore that aspect of the self as long as it's not in excess.

On a spiritual level it's impossible to attain enlightenment without knowing every aspect of one's "self" by exploring the subconscious and the impulses of the lower brain.