Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-03-2024, 07:02 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBob
"The ultimate state of joy is the state that requires nothing else to exist; it accepts there is only joy,
and everything else is an illusion.
Always follow your greatest joy, and it will lead you to your greatest wisdom."

~Sparrow, 3/29/24
YES! These are fantastic words!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-04-2024, 05:16 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
"Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles."

Good Day!

The above quote from the amiable Sri Yogananda seems true on first glance, but perhaps it is just a partial truth for expedient purposes, to break the trance of exclusive identification with the bio-vehicle?

Is it true for instance that these flesh and bones are inherently a nest of troubles, or do we ourselves make it so by our habitual fixation on them, conditioned by primitive neurotic cultural filters and infected by poisoned food, air, water, media saturation, fantasy religion, corrupted governmentality, and multiple genetic manipulations and intrusions from non-human intelligences?

Just so, perhaps "at best" it is not actually a nest of troubles as the old-school patriarchs claim, but rather a brilliant interactive resource for navigating this particular density, laden with puppy joy, a prism of light and transmitter of love's own abundance, the chosen expression of our Spirit itself to make itself manifest in this very realm and amplify Love's graciousness.

In that view, it is a Gift, and can certainly be so regarded, even in apparent adversity. The claim made by some that they do not want to return here is in that sense based upon insufficient information. The soul may be having the time of its life while the human component is gritting its teeth and moaning.

We hear from the Seers who see such things that souls are lined up in a queue to get a human body, especially at this time in planetary history, so they must know something that we tend to forget once we arrive here for the tour. Right now would be a good time to remember.

__/\__

PS: I thank my Mate for being a living example of this. She contracted a severe form of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis at 9, and has borne this agonizing disease for 60 years since -- she's taught me a lot about this body, and especially the heart. She is also an NDE'r and initiated Kriyaban in Yogananda's line, so I am not challenging Yogananda per se on this matter. He too is a Gift, and his words have launched many ships off into their own Great Light!

Old 06-04-2024, 11:41 AM
Little correction:
"Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles."
Was said by Sri Yukteswar's guru ....Lahiri Mahasaya. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-04-2024, 03:12 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Little correction:
Was said by Sri Yukteswar's guru ....Lahiri Mahasaya. :)

Here's an interesting story for you, Miss H:

I mentioned above about my Mate. When she was diagnosed with JRA at the age of 9, her father took it pretty hard. He was an agricultural inspector for California, and one day while out on his inspections he found himself on a rather deserted country road, where he parked and walked over to a log and sat down, pondering the great weight that had descended on his family due to his daughter's disease. As he sat there in a deep depression, an older man appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, and sat next to him. He told him that his daughter would be ok, and comforted him, saying that she would be looked after and not to fret.

My Mate's father never mentioned about the meeting, but about 12 years later, she had joined the Self Realization Fellowship of Yogananda, and had brought along the Autobiography of a Yogi to show her father. As she was paging through it with him, they came upon the photo of Lahiri Mahasaya, and her father gasped at the sight -- he immediately recognized the same old fellow who had appeared to him on the road, comforting him, 12 years earlier. He was flabbergasted. He asked where the guy was now, and my Mate told him he had died in the previous century, in India, and had never been to America. Her father swore that he had met the fellow, and told her his story about the strange meeting, which I now share here with you.

__/\__
Old 06-04-2024, 03:48 PM
My mouth is dropped...I have no words....!

Old 06-04-2024, 07:40 PM
Administrator
I hadn't heard about that but I remember reading about a homeless person living on the streets. drinking from cans that were Discarded
He found a few coins and he bought a loaf of bread and a tiny bit of cheese.

He sat down to eat them when a figure walked towards him sat down next to him. the homeless person said I have not got much but you can share these with me,

What he didn't realise was the man sitting next to him was a Millionaire he wanted to find someone who was pure of heart and honest he gave the ,
homeless man a job and a little cottage to live in.

Namaste
Old 07-04-2024, 10:34 AM
Master

Omg it was so nice to read those two stories. Good things certainly do happen.

It got me thinking about the times, many years ago, when I’ve sat in a park/beach crying my eyes out and severely depressed, cos I wasn’t coping with a situation and I could of done with that man’s help. Maybe he was on holiday then lol.

Nice to hear it has happened to others tho.
Old 07-04-2024, 02:48 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Omg it was so nice to read those two stories. Good things certainly do happen.....Nice to hear it has happened to others tho.

Good Day, Red!

Perhaps Sparrow could share a little about the Spirit Team that is always working for our benefit? Even though we may not experience dramatic revelations as portrayed in some miracle stories, I have no doubt that our best interests are being always addressed with their support. As Native mentioned, sometimes they show up in disguises, but regardless, we are always watched over.

__/\__
Old 07-04-2024, 04:14 PM
Master

AnotherBob. I have never ever experienced someone showing up to help me in my time of need, spirit or otherwise. I just had to get on with it, as I did. However, im not complaining because it taught me to be strong and resilient and rely on myself and I kinda like the person I am today. So alls good!
Old 07-04-2024, 05:48 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
AnotherBob. I have never ever experienced someone showing up to help me in my time of need, spirit or otherwise. I just had to get on with it, as I did. However, im not complaining because it taught me to be strong and resilient and rely on myself and I kinda like the person I am today. So alls good!

Yes, Red, the sense of absence serves us well, which is why this realm is ripe with contrasts to our natural or native state of connection. The soul seems to find that edifying and expansive in the sense of appreciation.

Congratulations, my Friend! Non-complaint is a wonderful consciousness to walk this world in, it goes hand in hand with gratitude and blessing.

__/\__