Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 22-01-2023, 01:57 AM
Master
Ive been fighting a bad cold for week and have not gone to the gym....Really freaking tired of this damn cold!!!

My birthday is Monday and im hoping to be over this so i can go to the gym Monday morning...now that'd be an awesome birthday present!

P.S.....I agree with you Gem that 60 Minutes is garbage and that story is a shameless travistry of the truth

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 24-01-2023, 05:05 AM
Master
I just found out that the quack (and probably dishonest) nutrition doctor from the 60 minutes piece (a sponsored segment) has been appointed to the USA Dietary Guidelines Committee 2025. Appalling .

She is a confirmed Big Pharma shill, and the record of her being paid is public. In the past and currently she is a known 'advisor' to pharmaceutical companies. She received 15K from the fat loss drug she is currently shilling. Her total recorded payment in 2022 was about 35K, but we can safely assume other perks and benefits like consult fees and commissions and paid holidays attached to conferences and media events and so forth. This known payment coincides with her current media tour.

It's corrupt, they are evil, and they're coming for your children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd-VnRofGcU
Old 24-01-2023, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Ive been fighting a bad cold for week and have not gone to the gym - that story is a shameless travistry of the truth
The garbage gets worse (see previous post).

I've been struggling, too. I had a corn on the bottom of my foot which interferes with leg day, and it just hurts which generally drains my energy, but I had it cut out today.

That means I have 5 stitches in the ball of my foot. I'll be doing lots of leg extensions and ham curls. Ill adapt my routine to doing seated exercises for a couple of weeks, and take advantage of it to try out a few new ideas. Just trying to keep going forward no matter what gets in the way.

I hope your cold is feeling better.
Old 24-01-2023, 06:39 AM
Master
Ok guys, I did a bit of digging, and this is how it works.

That Dr. pushing the fat-loss drug is one of the first doctors to be qualified as a Obesity Medicine Physician by a new organisation, The Obesity Medicine Fellowship Council (OMFC), which formed in 2018. The OMFC has been adopted and branched throughout American Universities and uni hospitals like John Hopkins etc etc..

The OMFC aren't open about their funding, but because they legally have to disclose it, it didn't take much digging to find out that the foundation is guaranteed funding by the Denmark-based pharma giant, Novo Nordisk, who, yes, you guessed it, manufactures and sells the fat-loss drug this quack doctor is shilling - (along with a whole host of diabetes medicines, hormone regulators and other obesity-centric items).

Given how widespread the OMFC is throughout American universities, this must be funded in the range of hundreds of millions.

That's the network guys. The case is cracked, and this dishonest, corrupt doctor is only the first of many, many more so called 'Obesity Medicine Physicians' yet to come.

See link for Novo Nordisk's financial information https://www.novonordisk.com/news-and...html?id=143008

Last edited by Gem : 24-01-2023 at 07:32 AM.
Old 25-01-2023, 08:30 AM
Master
These social influences - like the mad-woman and her fat loss drug, who does not draw attention to lifestyle factors because she is part of normalising the false narratives that construct the structures which drive increasing obesity trends across society - are the tide one has swim against to actually be healthy. That's alarming to say because these are doctors we are talking about.

If we allow our children to be born and just live normally in this society according to these narratives, the statistics show that 1/3 of them at least will be little porkers on the way to being obese adults. More than 10% will be mentally ill before they are 10 years old, and more than 40% will be psychiatrically diagnosed as adults.

Then people like me, who know how reality works, have to counter false narratives and hope people won't be misguided by quackery, and it's actually a very simple thing. Eat fresh whole foods, do strenuous physical things and understand that life is inherently unexpected and will have good times while other times will be the pits.

Why is that hard? Because it's abnormal in society. If you are lucky enough to have a manual-labour job of some kind, then OK, but almost everyone is inside doing light work or just sitting at a desk, so then we have to actually make time and put in the effort to exercise. It becomes another goddam chore that has to be done. I don't want to exercise after a days work. I'm already tired and a little stressed out, so I just want to chill and Netflix like everyone else.

All these things are normal, but they driving us toward the car, the chair and the couch, so to turn all this around is an overwhelming task. It's not just 'an individual choice', because people just do what's normal. It's an entire life-span that has individual, familial, social, community, societal, political and ideological dimensions, and to turn the trend around we have to transform what is generally thought to be a normal way to live. Then, if what is normal today becomes weird tomorrow, that trend toward more and more obesity in younger and younger people will be reversed.

Then we will see obesity rates decline and fitness rates increase.

Hencewhy, a doctor who says they have a medicine for 'Obesity Disease', and markets it toward children, is lying on behalf of something systemically ingrained into the education environment itself. It's a trap that contains itself. This, along with 'mental health' stuff, and now the identity nonsense, is enough. It's neglectful to leave children in such care, and we've gotta get them out before they are harmed.

Also, people, if you have a commute and your job is hard, and you have family obligations on top of that, so you can't be stuffed with activity because enough is enough already, totally. I couldn't be stuffed either. If I had all that I wouldn't be regular at the gym either, but we first have to stop thinking that's normal and look at how twisted it actually is. Then, being as creative as we are, it doesn't have to be a trap that leads you toward disability in old age. Normalcy has to be physical truth based, like, I am a human (male or female) and this body wants to do hard things. If that's not the normal way of having joy in the body, it's over.

Last edited by Gem : 25-01-2023 at 11:02 PM.
Old 25-01-2023, 08:58 PM
Master
I had a really good chat to a customer yesterday. He’s a IT manager of radiology and he’s a busy man in high demand, travels to a number of work places connected in the state. He was sharing he loves the driving (which means he is on his bum a lot). He told me he packs his swag and fishing rods on his work travel days, and camps out, rather than being cooped in a motel. He enjoys nature, walks and fishes, sleeps under the stars and woken up by the sun. I said, “ you get it” your creating a healthy lifestyle while you work. Incorporating little things, that support your mundane regular have to do’s, into a daily practice, where all your needs are supported.

This is just one example of course. There are plenty of ways to find space in a work day to support your own well-being and health.

People generally who are commuting and working, stressed and overloaded, don’t have space, but if you can’t make space within, the ‘what you have to do’ yourself, your bosses and co workers are not going to save you. All they want is the job/s done.

In my job I create healthy space by making up my own healthy lunch box or I’ll take a walk to the healthiest cafe and buy there. Either way that space I give to my day, nourishes me, the walk is movement in my day. Other times I’ll do push up’s off the bench or throw a towel down and do some yoga or core exercises when I’m able too.

People will say, they don’t have time. They don’t have the energy, but if you can create a healthy space withjn the ‘have to’s’ it’s absolutely possible. All else is just excuses we tell ourselves. Your boss isn’t going to worry about your health and self care. He just wants the job done.

As for children and drugs, don’t get me started.
Old 26-01-2023, 06:10 PM
Master
My wife and I both speak Spanish and are hooked on watching Mexican Novellas (what would be called a soap opera in the U.S)

These shows are full of stunningly gorgeous Latin woman and annoyingly handsome Latin men

Last night we were watching a new one called "Cabo" (set in Cabo San Lucas , Mexico) and I was struck by how much exercise and lifting culture is a really big thing with Latin actors and actresses'

This is a workout video for Mexican actress Barbara de Regil.....and this beautiful woman clearly knows her way around the gym! (oh man! Checkout those delts and glutes!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1-3YfjPqnk

And i got a kick out of how she does lunges on a hard floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2UyRVNRrSA

Last edited by Lucky 1 : 26-01-2023 at 09:47 PM.
Old 15-02-2023, 01:58 PM
Master
Hey Gem....I know you deadlift.

Im curious about your preferred grip. You describe yourself as tall and lanky.

Almost all the 6ft+ lifters i know prefer a sumo style grip.......at barely 5'8" ( hey, to us shorter guys...every half inch is important! Lol!) I have always used a traditional over/under hand placement.

I ask this because monday was deadlift day and i was working with a buddy who's 6"5" and finds the traditional grip very unworkable at his hieght.

What do you prefer???

Old 16-02-2023, 01:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
deadlift. your preferred grip. sumo style. overunder hand placement.
Hookgrip. It works well with bigger hands but it takes the thumbs a little while to get used to it. I've seen different ways of hookgripping. Most coaches don't really understand it, so they try to teach the same looking grip to different kinds of hands. I have large hands so my set up for the grip is different to someone with smaller hands, some people have longer fingers compared to a stumpy thumb and vice versa, so I just get athlete into basic a hook grip position without squeezing the bar, and lift and and let the bar just roll the hands into a good place. It feels like it's hanging too low in the hand, but the position the bar finds for itself is about right. It's weirdly counterintuitive because hook grip is all about relaxing and letting it hang - not about squeezing the bar. It takes a while to find your own groove.

I tried to find a good tutorial video for hookgrip, but I only use maybe 3 ques and let the bar sort it out... so I thought this 12 second video was best https://www.youtube.com/shorts/FDMU5JbqX_M

I use the conventional deadlift because my long legs are awkward in sumo stance. I think conventional lift is better for most tall guys because they tend to have long legs proportional to their torso, but if the legs ain't all that long and the body is longer, then maybe sumo. It's really hard to tell, so people usually play around with both styles in the beginning and settle on one or the other. I have a guy that can't do conventional because he's literally a little bulldog lol - that stiff - but he pulls sumo at a God tier level.

Then, there's many reasons people look sloppy deadlifting, commonly they don't engage the lats, they don't pull the slack out of the bar, they try to pull their shoulders back and up instead of pushing arms down. In conventional, their stance is too wide and their arms aren't hanging straight down, they have a little gut that presses into their thighs when in the start position, they look down instead of straight ahead, hip through too late. A tall guy has to think of hips-through a bit earlier than a midget, just above mid shin.

Best deadlift tutorials:

Conventional: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...D-VOqYOJ0rPfnP

Sumo: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7l19wLHHZR9Psf

In the end, most tall lanky guys just aren't built to deadlift. I lift from a rack these days so the bar is just a bit higher off the floor and I can lift like a short guy. Lanky is not great genetics for powerlifting. It's about the proportions of the bones, so really big guys with the strongman build that look like massive short guys are fine, but the narrow sleek basketball physique is never gonna cut it.

Last edited by Gem : 16-02-2023 at 08:39 AM.
Old 16-02-2023, 10:50 PM
Master
duplicate post