Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 22-02-2022, 07:14 PM
Knower
As bizarre as this topic sounds, it does seem, thus far, to connect with this thread 'Are Ghosts Real.'

Odd ...

"The Venerable Maria of Jesus of Agreda (1602-1665) was an abbess (the title of a superior of certain communities of nuns following the Benedictine Rule) and mystic."

Sister Mary said she regularly fell into a cataleptic trance, after which she recalled "dreams" in which she was carried to a strange and wild land, where she taught the gospel. As proof of her claim, she was able to provide highly detailed descriptions of the Jamano Indians, including their appearance, clothing, and customs, none of which she could have learned through research since they were fairly recently discovered by the Europeans. How did she learn their language? "I didn’t," she replied. "I simply spoke to them—and God let us understand one another."
https://www.liveabout.com/true-stori...angers-2593448

Cataleptic trance:
http://encyclopedia.uia.org/en/development/12343190

"....this is a deliberately desired trance-like state when a medium is in a state of deep hypnosis and taken over by some other intelligence, which uses the medium's body to speak and act."

This is beginning to sound paranormal.
Old 22-02-2022, 07:45 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Case
Cataleptic trance:
http://encyclopedia.uia.org/en/development/12343190

"....this is a deliberately desired trance-like state when a medium is in a state of deep hypnosis and taken over by some other intelligence, which uses the medium's body to speak and act."

This is beginning to sound paranormal.

Also sounding like fantasy.....
Old 22-02-2022, 10:56 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Also sounding like fantasy.....

This is why a deep analysis is necessary, and I've never looked at this subject. Fantasy can be in there from different experiences ... it always boils down to that.
Old 23-02-2022, 12:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
This is why a deep analysis is necessary, and I've never looked at this subject. Fantasy can be in there from different experiences ... it always boils down to that.

Other than for the curiosity value of this alleged phenomenon you could be on a hiding to nothing as there appears nothing beneficial anyone could do with it.
Old 23-02-2022, 12:53 AM
Knower
Quote:
Other than for the curiosity value of this alleged phenomenon you could be on a hiding to nothing as there appears nothing beneficial anyone could do with it.

Well that's the "benefit" of the non-empathic paranormal approach. It's the same with "alien" experiences - it's not aliens - it's paranormal. What the "benefit?" Confusion.
Old 23-02-2022, 02:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Well that's the "benefit" of the non-empathic paranormal approach. It's the same with "alien" experiences - it's not aliens - it's paranormal. What the "benefit?" Confusion.

benefit? For others, to help them.....

Spiritually I do nothing unless it has the the potential to help someone else. I research nothing purely for the sake of researching. Your mileage may vary.....
Old 23-02-2022, 02:46 AM
Knower
Quote:
benefit? For others, to help them.....

Spiritually I do nothing unless it has the the potential to help someone else.

Now if you turn that around ... they do what they do to befuddle the masses.
Old 23-02-2022, 03:27 AM
Master
Quote:

It does mimics Remote Viewing which the military has taken an interest in. Go read the documents the Catholic Church generated when they investigated her.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 23-02-2022, 05:00 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Now if you turn that around ... they do what they do to befuddle the masses.

Turn what around and they being who?
Old 23-02-2022, 05:03 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
they do what they do to befuddle the masses.
I am blessed I am not one of the masses.