Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiksma
This I understand :)

But I disagree with christians what is sin and what isnt.

I believe sin, is when we do anything out of hate, greed, hunger for power, resentment or jealousy. The evils of the world.
Old 26-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Master
Correct!
Sin is purely selfishness. When you do something that will self-aggrandize yourself and abuse others in some way mentally, physically or spiritually that is SIN or Error.

Thomas Aquinas is a great theologian. Also read early Church Fathers who were condemned like Origen. Even though he was condemned many Christian denominations have a great flair and fandom for Origen.
Old 26-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Master
Quote:
I am going to university this year to study Theology. Has anyone studied Theology? There are part history of religion course, part christian theology.
I am hoping that it will help me understand better... I have deep problem of hate. I dont want to hate, but I do. I dont know what to do. This hate is so deep in me.
How do you think - studies of Theology can help me or it will make things even worse?

Here you go. this is the reason for your hate. You can, yes, overcome this if it is your destiny. Just like the alcoholic who overcomes their particular "disease" and problem.

- You must be born again.

http://www.myshrink.com/counseling-theory.php?t_id=86

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Teiksma

Thank you, Animus 27, wise said :)

Yes, there is some good things in Christianity, I see hem too. For example - nationalities where separated, you could go to other country to slay and bring slaves, and it was ok, because they were "others". Christianity brought a thought about all humans like brothers (if they are christians). It was something new...
And I agree that sin or error or something a like is when you harm others. But I dont agree with christians what is harm and what not.
I think it is better then I will try to study theology... lets see what will happen.
Old 27-07-2013, 12:03 AM
Juanita

Quote:
This I understand :)

But I disagree with christians what is sin and what isnt.

Are you a Christian? If so, why? If not, find yourself a non-christian philosophy... Sin does not really exist.....Why do you even care what Christians think?
Old 27-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Niebla0007

Trust that more knowledge will bring you understanding and peace over matters, not hate.
It is up to you to cultivate hate in your heart rather than love and passion if you so wish.

For your interest in Theosophy, you may like to see
http://www.wisdomworld.org/additional/index.html

All the best
Old 27-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Teiksma

No, I am not christian, but I live in mostly christian country.
Old 27-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Master
Sin exists, it just means bad karma. A bad action and a bad thought can create bad consequences and bad states of mind.

If the action or thought is extremely deviant or very dark, the consequences can be terrible.

A person like Charles Manson not only committed bad actions thus reaping bad consequences, he harbors very dark- guilty thoughts- creating negative thought-forms for his after-life experiences and future incarnations.
Old 27-07-2013, 08:49 PM
AbbeyWilcox

I'm not sure if this has already been said, I didn't bother reading the entire thread because all the negativity gets to me.

Anyway, I think taking a theology class would help you to better understand Christianity. There is a stereotype that Christians are radical and ignorant and will preach to you until you say you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
If you look at what Christianity stands for, however, you may start to at least not hate it.
Even if it doesn't help, you've learned about another religion and knowledge is a good thing to have! :)
Old 28-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Master
Christian Theology can be amazing. Its sad how so many people, even the most learned on these boards have absolutely NO idea of what the foundations of Christianity are- especially Orthodox and Roman.

Even if you read Catechism by yourself without a class you could come up with your own understanding and inspiration.

I remember reading the Trinity in Catechism. Now most people think Catholics just made up their junk with a bunch of old men around a table. It is true about most of the foundation, but the Immaculate Conception was announced by Saint Anthony, the Nativity Scene was created by Francis of Assisi, the phrase God the Son developed over time since Theresa of Avila had experiences with Christ in a Cosmic sense,.

A lot of Church Theology has grown over time because of the Mystics.

Things like- mortal sin, venial sin, cardinal sins, Eternal hell, eating and drinking Jesus at the altar etc are mostly Church-made dogmas that misunderstand Jesus' teachings in a profound way.

When you read the theological perspectives especially from an Orthodox or Roman view you do not lose the Jewishness of the Old Testament, you get the sense of a Communal God, your mind can expand into what is going on.

I remember reading the chapters on "CHRIST" in theology and I couldn't believe some of the things it said.

Basically Christ meaning "anointed one" is a status that was given to many before Jesus was born like King David, Solomon, Joshua in Exodus, and so forth. God chose certain individuals who were strong enough in divine love to reflect their Sonship. But I think the main thing is that these individuals felt short of the "point". Many miss the point. Missing the point or missing perfection is sin which basically means "Living in Duality". It loses the complete unity with God-the Pure Infinite Consciousness. Whereas when the Jewish epoch reaches its height in the birth of Jesus, we see the Man who got the point and reached the mark of perfection. Jesus' Sonship is called eternal but many Church Fathers tried to come up with a way of saying it by-
"Jesus was next to God when he created the universe and was also God himself". Well that doesn't help since that sounds like a Greek Play.

Whereas when you take "Jesus" out of the equation and realize that Colossians is saying "Christ" was next to God, and John says the "Word" was next to God you get a better understanding. That the Sonship between God and his creatures IS meant to be eternal, but because of physical incarnation the bond and unity is broken. But what has always been eternal is the Sonship Itself,- the Cosmic Christ. The Cosmic Christ manifested as the whole universe and creation. The Cosmic Christ or the Word of God is both spiritual and material- bridging the gap of both worlds. The Word is the Mind of the Father, and because the Mind is both spiritual and material forces, the Word or Christ is both spiritual and material.

Jesus the Man also has the eternal sonship because he is the soul or individual who remained in the Word of God (God's Mind, God's Oneness, God's Body). When this soul-entity incarnated, he incarnated with the consciousness of the Christ or Word within him. This awareness is the Holy Spirit and we see in his immaculate conception to Mary, he was born with the Holy Ghost. The spiritual consciousness (Holy Spirit) within Jesus allowed him to become the Christ- the divine human, the spiritual-material unifier. And so because Jesus became the Christ, he was able to pass on that Christ-Consciousness he developed ans found in himself to everyone. He passed on the Sonship to all.

They call us adopted Sons because we all at some time separated from the Oneness, whereas Jesus continued his Sonship or Oneness from heaven and even into physical incarnation. But adopted is not less than Jesus, its just a recognition of our spiritual state. But once everyone gets to heaven, everyone is similar to Jesus and the Word of God, the Cosmic Christ Body will be complete.

The only difference between Jesus and the rest of humanity is the "only BEGOTTEN Son" part. Everyone thinks people believe Jesus to be the "only Son", but what the oldest texts says is that he is the only BEGOTTEN,- you guys keep forgetting that. It means he was the only son of God born with the awareness of God within him via conception and birth. Thus the virgin birth is the symbol of God having his physical-spiritual Son in the earth.

I hope that helps bridge the theology and the metaphysical.