Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Time

I dont liek what christianity has become, personally. Using proper sources and historical information, and good scholors you can find a new appreciation for the tradition. Its much more interesting then what church teaches....
Old 25-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Teiksma

I am just scared that more information will make more hate :( I hope it will turn into understanding.
Old 25-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Master

If you believe we live many lives then perhaps something happened in a previous life that causes you to have these feelings now you can't fully explain.
Old 25-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Teiksma

I know what happened, but it dont help me.
Old 25-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Bluegreen

Teiksma, is it the Bible/sacred books you hate or the way people interpret the books. The interpretation and everything derived from it (viewpoints, codes of conduct, morality etc) can be called religion.

The problem is that few if any people know how to read the Bible or any other sacred book.

Some Christians here say they know when to accept what is written literally and when to see something as an allegory or metaphor but do they really know? One Christian here says that everything in the Bible should be taken literally. Can that be right?

When the subject is something which is not related to anything we know here on earth, how are you going to explain it? You have to use metaphor or allegory but how people understand it is another matter.

Fritjov Capra in The Tao of Physics says that to explain quantum mechanics the same language has to be used that mystics have used.
Old 25-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Teiksma

I dont hate Bible, it is an interesting book, I hate Christian God and morals of Christianity. I think world is raped by it. Ok, I know that everything is as it ought to be, in some way. But still something in me dont accept it. Maybe I just hate the world, I dont know...
Old 26-07-2013, 12:21 PM
Time

Then, I think you do indeed need to read up on a bit. I think this video is a great example. Its about the foundation of judeism, which is the foundation of christianity. A great place to get proper context.

Part 2 is linked at the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjPLJTAbk64
Old 26-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiksma
I dont hate Bible, it is an interesting book, I hate Christian God and morals of Christianity. I think world is raped by it. Ok, I know that everything is as it ought to be, in some way. But still something in me dont accept it. Maybe I just hate the world, I dont know...

Is it ok for me to say that I understand COMPLETELY this comment!
THIS is when I turned from Chritianity ... I feel like that it was turned into almost an occult.
I LOVE GOD, I really do. But the Bible.. while it has some great guidance is also confusing and contradictory to the God I have come to know.

but Christians would say that I am creating my own religion. Which is so frustrating because I'm not. I didn't ask for the "knowing" that came into my heart. I just felt it..

So with this being said.. after days and months and over a year I have battled this... I have concluded that I am right, the Bible is right and God is right.. Mix them all together and there is one simple answer. LOVE.

When you have the Love of God in your heart, your desire for Sin dimenishes ten-fold.

Last edited by Jatd : 26-07-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 26-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Teiksma

This I understand :)

But I disagree with christians what is sin and what isnt.
Old 26-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teiksma
How do you think - studies of Theology can help me or it will make things even worse?
*ramble initiate!*

I think theology could help you understand Christianity better. But it might not necessarily change your feelings towards it. It's rather easy to look at the triumphalism inherent in most churches and feel a dislike for what it's done to different cultures and their religious practices. Really easy, at times.
Although, when you approach Christianity for what it is, one can appreciate it's depth, and ethics. While it is true Christians have persecuted others in the name of saving lost souls, it's also done good. When the movement began in the hay-day of the Roman Empire, individual humans weren't seen as important in and of themselves; as a result, infanticide was a widespread practice - if a woman had an unwanted child, she, or her husband or slave, would simply take it to a landfill, where the child would die of exposure, or be taken taken in by a random person and raised as a slave (usually a prostitute slave). Pagans opponents of Christians would lambaste the "little christs" for various issues and peculiarities, but one thing they couldn't fault them for was their insistence that human life, in and of itself had value, rather than the value depending on whether they were useful to the community. So Christians would visit landfills with the intent of finding infants to save them from their lot. Early Christians were also famous among people for their concern for the poorer and less fortunate peoples of their cities.

Even so, when Christianity became a legalized religion and an en vogue cult to follow (I use the term cult in the neutral sense, not the modern polemical usage), it was more important overall to consolidate power against the nonchristian population. But that phenomenon is not inherent within Christianity's teachings itself, rather it's an aspect of power and privilege sociology.

Christianity, despite the horrendous things misguided people have done in it's name, is a religion of peace and hope, that places value on human life as being an image of God.

Now, theology itself won't heal your hatred. But understanding can help you do so. Approach it from a neutral perspective, without letting your personal sentiments interfere too much. In addition to theology, read up on the history of early Christianity, and it's development - along with Second Temple Judaism. Because without some critical historiography and other disciplines, theology can become myopic and figuratively inbred. A wider view of history and other religions helps put Christianity in context, a context that can really make theology much more subtle and nuanced.

Reading over this, I can tell I need more coffee. lol. Ah, well.