Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-07-2013, 01:19 PM
ciel_perdu

I think the two witnesses will be specific people in the end times who preach to the world about the way of love and truth.

The Revelation is pretty specific about them saying they will preach for 1260 days (which is 3.5 years in the prophetic calender), a time that is referenced in again in Revelation 12, as well in the book of Daniel. It also says they will be killed in Jerusalem, the same city in which our Lord was crucified, which interestingly is referred to spiritually as Sodom and Egypt!

It also says that the people of the world will rejoice when these witnessed will die, and that people will send gifts to one another to celebrate it. And that after 3.5 days they will resurrected.

I think it's so convenient to say it's all metaphor or allegory, because that way we don't actually have to consider what it is really saying. It's a similar thing to the mark of the beast. The verse is very specific and clear, yet people don't want to hear it because it challenges their prejudice and biases.

The two witnesses may well have the spirit of Elijah and Moses, but either way, I believe there will be two anointed ones who will have God's authority.

The notion of authority and judgement are dirty words both in the new age movement, and unfortunately in Christianity too. That's probably the first hurdle for people to overcome, if they are ever to accept that message of the Revelation.
Old 21-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciel_perdu
I think it's so convenient to say it's all metaphor or allegory, because that way we don't actually have to consider what it is really saying.

Do you believe literally everything you read in the Bible?
If not, how do you decide what to take literally and what to take metaphorically/allegorically?
Old 21-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Master
Yogananda once said- All scriptures from around the world vibrate on a physical, mental, and spiritual level.

I feel this is true. The literalism or physicality of Revelations is that John was witnessing the horrors going on during his lifetime in Rome- 1st Century CE.

But the spiritual and mental aspects of John's work in Revelations is far more exciting. The entire episode is John's journey through the seven spiritual centers of the body, the delusive force in the universe (red dragon), the ego and unevolved animal nature (the two beasts), the New Jerusalem (redeemed humanity), the marriage with the Lamb (oneness with Christ Consciousness)

etc.
Old 22-07-2013, 05:57 AM
Knower

Hi JoJo50,

Can you direct me to the other thread about the "Two witnesses" that you mention?
I am familiar with some of the beliefs of "Jehovah's Witnesses".There is a "Kingdom Hall" nearby and I've had some friendly lively discussions that I've found helpful concerning "Revelations".I appreciate the effort that went into that detailed reply.
Thank you for sharing it.
Old 22-07-2013, 06:30 AM
Knower

Hi Eltanin,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltanin Sadachbia
Many people believe the two witnesses sent back to earth are the only two men in the Bible that were not proclaimed 'dead' in the genealogical passages of the Bible, Enoch and Elijah.

The Bible, it states Enoch "Walked with God"... everyone else lived so long, "And then he died."

Elijah was taken to Heaven in a whirlwind to walk with God.

I've heard that as well. I find the accounts in "Genesis" along with accounts of giants fascinating, but frustrating. I feel like saying.."Tell me more!"
Old 22-07-2013, 06:51 AM
Knower

Hi Amilius777,

"the New Jerusalem (redeemed humanity), the marriage with the Lamb (oneness with Christ Consciousness) "

Yes..I have interpreted it this way as well..of the rest I am not sure.
Thank you.
Old 22-07-2013, 07:07 AM
Knower

Hello Matthew James and ciel perdu and thank you.
Matthew James I will have to re read your post,I am finding it a little "hard going"
ciel perdu ,I have heard that the "days" means years but I have been considering that it means both and refers to two different events and times if that makes sense.
Thanks again.
Old 22-07-2013, 05:56 PM
ciel_perdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
Do you believe literally everything you read in the Bible?
If not, how do you decide what to take literally and what to take metaphorically/allegorically?

No, I don't believe literally everything I read in the bible. And I think a bit of common sense/wisdom helps to determine whether something is literal or allegory.

The Revelation is a revelation to the servants of Jesus Christ. While there is much in it that is metaphorical, e.g. the beast with seven heads, there is much in it that is literal, e.g. the mark of the beast, or the specific dates or account of destruction that will take place.

I believe God will give wisdom and will lead people to a true understanding of the book of Revelation, to those who sincerely seek to understand how to apply the teachings of Jesus in their lives. If we aren't interested in following Christ, the book just simply is not for us.
Old 22-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Eltanin Sadachbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfre
Hi Eltanin,

I've heard that as well. I find the accounts in "Genesis" along with accounts of giants fascinating, but frustrating. I feel like saying.."Tell me more!"

There are translations of the Book of Enoch widely available now that detail the accounts of the Nephilim and of Enoch. I regret to tell you that I am not allowed to post links yet, but luckily, The Book of Enoch is available on many sites in many language translations now. You should be able to Google it.
Old 26-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Master
One should be aware also, regarding origin of rituals and practice in ancient Egypt, that Enoch is seen as related to Hermes, and Thoth.

Regarding this, look up British author Adrian Gilbert, a researcher who traveled much to the middle east.

At Amazon, or, "GoodReads.com"

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein