Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-06-2013, 07:09 PM
So many rules?
I think it is obvious because early Man was pretty darn stupid.
You had to TELL him not to kill...eyeroll....and don't eat filthy animal bottom
feeders, along with don't sleep with your neighbor's wife....and idiots....don't steal....

I don't see rules in the NT so much..I read suggestions, advice, guidance of how
to have a happy life...Do not worry, give me your burdens, be anxious for nothing,
have no fear, cast my cares....yada yada....focus on the things above and not on the earth...
Believe and receive....someone stop me....it's endless....if you believe you will receive, say to this
mountain,God works for the good for those that love Him,whatever we ask we know we have whatever we asked of Him, you may ask for anything in my name and I will do it....stop me....someone!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-06-2013, 03:36 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
In ancient Israelite religion, the religion that produced the Old Testament, one of the main themes is God setting Israel up as holy (which literally means set apart) "You shall be holy to me, for I the LORD am holy and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be mine." (Lev. 20:26)
Part of this in a reformed ethical and purity code. Because the Israelites are separated, "holy" they should not behave like the rest of the nations, or that will break or endanger the covenant with the Lord.
Jesus was a Jew, and was familiar with the ethics of the Bible, and himself being a prophet, extolled the need for righteous and holiness, particularly inwardly.

Many of the laws in the Torah will sound bizarre to us as modern people, such as not planting two kinds of crops in a single field, not wearing a garment made of mixed cloth, etc. But quite a few of these laws are geared towards separation and uniqueness, with a high standard of morality, which is part of the covenant YHWH has with His people.

Great post Animus27 - All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Question is, why bother attempting to keep the Laws when the elect are under Grace? And that also brings another question, if only people are saved by God's sovereign election, then why the great commission?
Old 27-06-2013, 04:26 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
So many rules?
I think it is obvious because early Man was pretty darn stupid.
You had to TELL him not to kill...eyeroll....and don't eat filthy animal bottom
feeders, along with don't sleep with your neighbor's wife....and idiots....don't steal....
This is untrue. The Israelites, like any other people would have recognized the wrongness of murder, stealing or adultery. When YHWH delivered the Law to Moses, it is a holistic contract that encompasses all aspects of life. By the Lord Himself delivering them, it's moved over from a matter of state i.e. secular, to a matter of divine will.
In other ancient near eastern cultures, many laws have parallels with Mosaic Law; but there are even more differences. For instance, in Assyrian laws, if an ox gored a child, the man who owned the ox would have his own child gored for his negligence. A literal punishment. Whereas in Exodua 21:28, the ox alone is to be killed with specifications. The owner isn't in danger of having his own child killed.

In other law codes, if an aristocrat strikes a lower class number, breaking a tooth, bone, or damaging an eye, they can pay a fine, without having a physical punishment themselves. But if a lower class person harms a nobleman, they can be brutally beaten to the wishes of the noble. In the Torah, there's the whole "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth", which to many modern people seems a precept for vengeance, but it's not so; it's meant as an equalizer, in that one cannot show partiality over class, or do more damage than what was done.

And it's not really proper to interpret the kashrut laws as being a matter over sanitary vs. unsanitary animals; while that can be seen as part of it, it's not the entirety. As I mentioned in the previous post, it's an extortion to uniqueness and holiness. In Leviticus 11:3, it says that the Israelites may eat any animal that has a cloven hoof and chews the cud, and some Rabbinic commentators later interpreted that as being symbolic of a clear distinction between right and wrong (cloven hoof), and the good person going over their decisions to know whether they're right or wrong (chewing the cud).
Old 27-06-2013, 08:48 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27

In other law codes, if an aristocrat strikes a lower class number, breaking a tooth, bone, or damaging an eye, they can pay a fine, without having a physical punishment themselves. But if a lower class person harms a nobleman, they can be brutally beaten to the wishes of the noble. In the Torah, there's the whole "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth", which to many modern people seems a precept for vengeance, but it's not so; it's meant as an equalizer, in that one cannot show partiality over class, or do more damage than what was done.

Ya, the limitation on punishment. I've heard many today say an eye for an eye, but they seemingly apply more punishment than deserved. Under the Lex Talion, one might be compensated for say a bad tooth, where it is lost, and the apparent injustice that would take place for a good tooth in compensation.
Old 27-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Time

I think the easiest way to put it, is that it generally was not originally intended to be a whole world view, and would probably have been seen as "higher learning". Like most things it takes discipline and years of work and great divotion to the code and ethics layed down. Many of the rules are in the OT which is essentially the jewish Torah, so many people still do adhere to some of those rules more then others...
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 AM
StaroftheSea

Why does the Bible have so many rules?

The Old Testament was put together B.C.

Following the "B.C" Era God appointed Jesus as His only Begotten Son to spread God's Holy Scriptures and the New Testament in which God's Love and Grace (through Jesus) has been given to sinners, from Jesus walking God's Earth spreading His Glory to convert all sinners to believe in God for their Souls to be saved (ie when we cross over later into Eternal Life) with God.

The Old Testament was put in place by God through His Chosen Prophets of that time (B.C) during a very difficult period with His Children suffering from greater hardships in terms of wars occurring, many non-believers, killings of Christians and Jews; hatred of one another more widespread and common (caused by satan). God our Creator spoke His Wrath to all of His people through His Holy Chosen Prophets which later came out in The Old Testament.

When more people started believing in God, leniency was given across His Holy Lands (the Middle East) by God and wars were ceased through God's Holy Divine Most Loving Intervention when He decided and of course through prayer requests by the Believers in God through the generations.

Moses left many stories to the people in the Middle East during his time serving God our Heavenly Creator, passed down through the generations until Jesus was born.

Following Jesus birth, the New Testament was commenced through God our Heavenly Father teaching us to follow Jesus' Commandments as Jesus was appointed as God's Most Holy Begotten Son for all men to Love, Honour and Respect Jesus as Jesus does with God (our Heavenly Creator).

Holy Scrolls of Jesus were left with His Disciples (St Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) among other Disciples, to form The Holy Bible (New Testament).

There has been sufficient evidence left to all of God's Children through the Generations for all sinners to believe in Jesus and those were Jesus' wishes and instructions through His Disciples.

Always go by Jesus Commandments and you won't need to stress over everything.

"Seeing is not believing" Jesus says and;

"Those who have believed in me and not seen (Me) are truly rewarded".

Praised be to Thee Dear Jesus Christ our Saviour now and for Eternity
Old 03-08-2013, 10:31 AM
StaroftheSea

Why does the Bible have so many rules?

God our Creator "expects" us to fully believe in Jesus His only Begotten Holy Son, to fully trust in Jesus, and to fully open up our Hearts to Him through daily prayer to Him through Our Heavenly Mother Mary in order for Jesus to save our Souls.

Jesus is calling through Our Heavenly Mother for the conversion of all sinners here on Earth during this time of Holy Grace given by God which will in time cease to exist.

These are the facts that few people realise (caused by the obstruction of satan/evil) doing its work against God and against Jesus. I implore people to stop during their busy days and pray The Holy Rosary to Jesus and Our Lady Mary Mother of Jesus (our Heavenly Mother) to come closer to Jesus and to receive His Love and Guidance.

Jesus guides through His Holy Bible when people take the time to regularly read His Scriptures and believe in Him.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Artemis_Darklet

Dude. There are ten. lol
Old 05-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Master
When we are one with God, we are no longer under the commandments, while we are in the carnal mind we are under the commandments, it is really up to us where we want to be.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Master
IMO the bible has so many rules because it's meant to be a rulebook... a guidebook. If you don't wish to be guided by it, put it back on the shelf. Why the fuss?