Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-06-2013, 03:55 AM
Child of God

Angry Why Does the Bible Have So Many Rules??!!!!!!

Every where I look, the Bible is saying that this is bad and that is wrong!!!! In the old and new testaments never give out goof enough reasons for it. I mean we're not allowed to curse!? Are you serious???!!! I want to know why does the Bible have so many restrictions to what we can and can't do!!!
Old 24-06-2013, 04:38 AM
AbbeyWilcox

Done editing
---------

A lot of the rules in the Old Testament were canceled out by the New Testament, which emphasized "love others as oneself" rather than "do this or that".
However, I suspect that some of the rules in the Old Testament regarding food and sex were enacted for health and safety reasons. Perhaps some of the forbidden foods had a reputation for causing food poisoning. Homosexual behavior may have led to a spread in HIV.
You have to consider the time the Bible was written in. Very little was known about bacteria, illness, etc and the Bible was a way to preach cleanliness.
Old 24-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownpsychic
!

I's not the Bible that has “SO MANY RULES”, because the bible is JUST a book the Almighty God Jehovah ,(Exo. 6:3), allowed his words to be placed in. it's HIS words that are rules, And he has MANY rules for ONLY.... those who truly wants to do his will ,which means their lives ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven). Anyone who feels his rules are too many, feels that his rules are burdensome. Those who follow Jesus, don't feel that what he taught by the will of his Father ,(John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you), is a burden ,(Matt. 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light).

MANY believe “god” or Jesus has this world, and has it so jacked up. But the real truth is, Jehovah God allowed satan to have this old system. This is why satan said he would give some kingdoms to Jesus if he worship him ,(Matt. 4:1-11). Jesus Through Jesus said he's given power in the earth, he didn't mean he has people doing things that goes against his Father. He meant his Father gave him Power to do ALL his Father wanted him to do. And yes, Jehovah God is VERY “SERIOUS”, when it comes to cursing. Think about this ,Jesus died a VERY obedient son, he COULD have sinned but he didn't, do you think he cursed? ,he was sent to die in order that you and I would be saved ,(2Cor. 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him), and (Matt. 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many).

MANY who call themselves christians, wants to follow rules UNTIL, it conflicts with what they want. If they want to be gay, they try to find a way in their minds to do away with God's words ,(Levi. 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them). MANY christians have sex out of marriage, They try to push his words away , ( 1Cor. 7:1,2) ,by saying, we're shack to see if we're compatible). To show how satan blinds ,(2Cor. 4:4), the minds of EVEN christians. A married worker said he WASN'T an adulterer , (Heb. 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but *****mongers and adulterers God will judge), because he's NOT having sex with married women, SAD! Jehovah rules are to save us, NOT himself, but he WON'T make ANYONE serve him. And he doesn't make anyone follow Jesus teachings.

But he won't let them live either when the end come ,(Matt. 7:22,23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity). Those who want to live in wickedness won't understand Jehovah's rules ,(Dan. 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand). If one really wants the wisdom to understand they can have it. All they have to do is ask ,(James – 1:5). you said ...”In the old and new testaments never give out goof enough reasons for it”. He gave us ONE good reason throughout the bible... it means our lives, you don't think that's good enough?! Sadly MANY tries to find some reason to complain about Jehovah God's words. NOT understanding that he want us SAVED, (Ezek. 33:11).

if we're destroyed, it wouldn't be because he wanted this to happen. It would be because we want to live as the world does ,(1John 2:15,16), because we don't love him. Because we “christians”, want to be friends with those who DOESN'T want to serve Jehovah God and follow Jesus ,(James 4:4 ), (John 17:16) and (Luke 9:23). including family and friends ,(Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple) ,and (Matt. 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life).

because we DON'T want people to push us away ,(Luke 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake). Jehovah God and Jesus DOESN'T have to explain why there are rules, though they have done so. We can be obedient and know that they both have out BEST interest at heart. Or we can be like the first couple ,disobey and die, It's our world!, for a little while. peace
Old 24-06-2013, 04:15 PM
justme50

I am of the opinion that the documents, which make up the Bible, have absolutely nothing to do with any deity. There were written by authors who made assumptions about what their version of the deity thought. The Biblical deity is a very unpleasant entity to put it mildly, if the deeds attributed to it were factual. It has all the humans failings and none of the virtues!
Old 24-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Every where I look, the Bible is saying that this is bad and that is wrong!!!! In the old and new testaments never give out goof enough reasons for it. I mean we're not allowed to curse!? Are you serious???!!! I want to know why does the Bible have so many restrictions to what we can and can't do!!!
In ancient Israelite religion, the religion that produced the Old Testament, one of the main themes is God setting Israel up as holy (which literally means set apart) "You shall be holy to me, for I the LORD am holy and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be mine." (Lev. 20:26)
Part of this in a reformed ethical and purity code. Because the Israelites are separated, "holy" they should not behave like the rest of the nations, or that will break or endanger the covenant with the Lord.
Jesus was a Jew, and was familiar with the ethics of the Bible, and himself being a prophet, extolled the need for righteous and holiness, particularly inwardly.

Many of the laws in the Torah will sound bizarre to us as modern people, such as not planting two kinds of crops in a single field, not wearing a garment made of mixed cloth, etc. But quite a few of these laws are geared towards separation and uniqueness, with a high standard of morality, which is part of the covenant YHWH has with His people.
Old 24-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Master
Quote:

Every where I look, the Bible is saying that this is bad and that is wrong!!!! In the old and new testaments never give out goof enough reasons for it.
I mean we're not allowed to curse!? Are you serious???!!! I want to know why does the Bible have so many restrictions to what we can and can't do!!!

"Psychic? Why'd you pick that particular issue? Problem with it?

I cuss when I plonk my head, or finger with a hammer.
Or whatever.

Point is, sin is more than an individiual act, or acts. It's about a fallen world. As should be evident.
What about the other Spiritual disciplines and teachings? Don't see any, " rules?"

The 10 commandments are God's standard which no one can keep perfectly.
So, Salvation and redemption come through Christ's sacrifice for us, with attending forgiveness, recieved through Faith.
Plain and simple.

God is Love.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 24-06-2013, 10:59 PM
WYN123

the more I read the bible, it occurs to me that it is mainly about duality or non duality including the revelations. I used to think that cursing meant not using profanities, but noo cursing means wishing ill of someone, using the law (lord) for ill.
Old 25-06-2013, 03:39 AM
Knower
Quote:

What part of the Bible are you reading, psychic? I don't offhand recall anywhere it says "thou shalt not curse." And much of the Bible is not really about rules at all. Be sure you are reading it for yourself and not just taking someone else's word for it.
Old 25-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Master

The first five books of the Bible are known as the Pentateuch, also called The Torah, which means law. They contain the laws and instruction given by the Lord through Moses to the people of Israel. If you only read those first 5 books I could see how you could think it's only rules, but there are 61 other books in the bible that are not about ancient Jewish law. Also you can believe those laws are for you if you want, but really they were for people long ago that we don't have much in common with. They had rules that can apply today though, like don't sleep with your neighbors wife. If you've ever done it you'll know why it's not a good idea.
Old 26-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Master
That's ****. Seawolf, and without elucidation, merely opinion.

The heart and nature of humanity hasn't changed since it was written, down through the ages.

The ancient spiritual writings are for you, also.
Remember, "Time", and, "Reality" are illusions.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein