Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Time

The third temple completed?

Just something that has been miandering in my head....

The bible speaks of a third temple being built (and completed, im not counting the one paul tried to build that was destroyed by an earthquake). This is supposed to bring about some part of revalations.

Now, many people disregard the temple mount in jerusalem as the third temple. I think that the temple mount is indeed the third temple, seeing as allah, in islam is basically the exact same god as in the bible and even can be connected to judeism.

If the temple mount is in honor of the same god, even though the nitty gritties of that branch of monotheism may be slightly different, how and why should chrisitians ignore this, even though it seems to be fulfulling what was proposed in revalations?
Old 27-05-2013, 02:27 AM
ciel_perdu

From prophecy it says there will be a third temple. I don't think the Dome of the Rock is the third temple, because it's not Jewish. The significant thing about the rebuilding of the temple is that the Jews will allowed to animal sacrifice again (which can only be done is a particular place). Daniel gives some clear times, saying that the rebuilding of the temple will take about 220 days, but that after 3.5 years from when they agreement to rebuild the temple is made, that the Anti-Christ will cease the animal sacrifices, and set himself up as God, and cause the abomination of desolation. 3.5 years after this period is what is know as the great tribulation.

There is a LOT of talk about rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem, even with organizations going so far as to already build scaled replicas in other parts of Israel, as well as organizing pre-fabricated parts in anticipation of a new temple.
Old 27-05-2013, 06:57 AM
Master
I thought Jesus was the third temple.

The first temple was built by Solomon the Great, the Second Temple built by Cyrus of Persia. Each figure was an anointed one. Solomon was called son of God, Cyrus was called anointed one and son of God.

Jesus comes and doesn't create a physical third temple. In stead in his death and resurrection, he transformed into the Third Temple. It is now a metaphysical temple- and temple is now the human body where the divine is now seated.

Jesus was the first man to realize and manifest this.

Why does that make sense? because a literal temple of worship and sacrifice is very much tribal consciousness. Once the next level of consciousness is reached there is no need for a physical temple.

Jesus sacrificed himself to end all sacrifices of the last age (Age of Aries) which is the age of desert-war, animal sacrifice, and to move the worship of God to within ourselves. (to the Age of Pisces).

And so the temple of worship and sacrifice is moved to within us. We sacrifice our little selves and attachments for communion with God, and we worship the spirit of God within ourselves.

Its a beautiful unfoldment of consciousness that Israel had
Old 27-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Time

I pretty sure the third temple was supposed to be for the christian god, which is the same as the islamic and jewish god. My point was, since its to the same god, no matter the label that religion uses, its still to the same diety therefore making it the third temple
Old 27-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Experiencer

does the third temple represent the third and most unrepresented divine person ... the holy ghost?
Old 28-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Little One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I thought Jesus was the third temple.

The first temple was built by Solomon the Great, the Second Temple built by Cyrus of Persia. Each figure was an anointed one. Solomon was called son of God, Cyrus was called anointed one and son of God.

Jesus comes and doesn't create a physical third temple. In stead in his death and resurrection, he transformed into the Third Temple. It is now a metaphysical temple- and temple is now the human body where the divine is now seated.

Jesus was the first man to realize and manifest this.

Why does that make sense? because a literal temple of worship and sacrifice is very much tribal consciousness. Once the next level of consciousness is reached there is no need for a physical temple.

Jesus sacrificed himself to end all sacrifices of the last age (Age of Aries) which is the age of desert-war, animal sacrifice, and to move the worship of God to within ourselves. (to the Age of Pisces).

And so the temple of worship and sacrifice is moved to within us. We sacrifice our little selves and attachments for communion with God, and we worship the spirit of God within ourselves.

Its a beautiful unfoldment of consciousness that Israel had

This is my understanding as well, Amilius777. The infinite and eternal God said he doesn't dwell in buildings made with hands. The true temple, like the Kingdom, is within us -- in our hearts and minds, wherever we go in the outer world. This inner "space" no one can take from us -- unless we let some liar convince us it's not enough, that we need a building in an external place in which I-we can draw near to our Maker.

Such a place can also be taken from us. This is why during warfare the spiritual temples are destroyed to conquer the faith of the people being conquered. But when I know that I am the temple of my God and that the spirit of God dwells in me, nobody can ever take this from me or anyone else who knows this truth.
Old 29-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Master
Take both hands. Lift them up to your head.

Place your fingers on both sides of your head,

God dwells in the TEMPLES not made with hands hehehe. I stole that from a spiritual teacher (temples on both side of the head).

God is within your body as your deepest self. Right between the eyes and within the mind.
Old 30-05-2013, 01:01 AM
ciel_perdu

I agree that God does not live in temples made by hands.

The Jews want a third temple, and they will get it. Unfortunately all religions have more love and faith in their buildings than they do in God. Jesus said that the kingdom of God was within us. We (the people) are the temple of God.

There is clear directions in Daniel about the rebuilding of the temple, and it's significance to bible prophecy. Hopefully people will be watching for it.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:32 PM
StaroftheSea

The Third Temple completed?

Would not most of the Temples thousands of years be underground by now anyway though "Time"?

For instance, being Desert and many underground buildings erected including Temples through the Middle East along with the erosion of Mountains, dirt and rocks shifting, I would have thought that most Temples would be underground, many of which have not been discovered and ditto with most of the Holy People living in Jesus/God's days (Tombs buried underground).

Floods were mentioned through Jesus Holy Scriptures which would have affected all of the original buildings that would be buried underneath the Earth; many of which never to be discovered.