Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-04-2013, 03:57 PM
AbbeyWilcox

Who is Wisdom?

I was reading the Old Testament, and in the "wisdom" books (from the Catholic biblical canon), such as Proverbs and Wisdom of Solomon, wisdom is personified as a woman.
I thought maybe Wisdom was the feminine aspect of God. The masculine God took action and created the world, and the feminine God (goddess?)/Wisdom was the concept on which masculine God created. So, Wisdom is sort of passive, whereas God is aggressive, representing the archetypes of male and female.
But then I thought, perhaps Wisdom is just the Holy Spirit, so She is the second part of the Holy Trinity. This makes sense, as it biologically requires a male and a female to make a child. I know this isn't strictly scientific, but the dichotomy is basically required to produce offspring. God (man) + Holy Spirit/Wisdom (woman) = Child (Jesus the Christ).

Is this some sort of Holy Family? Not so much one essence, 3 persons, but literally God and Wisdom making Jesus.

I guess this is unorthodox, but I can't figure it out any other way.

What are your thoughts?
Old 23-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Master
Listen,

You are about to get three or four people responding with "Blasphemy". Please ignore them and bypass their post, since no one "KNOWS" anything so how can it be blasphemy?

They forget that their own Jesus said- "Blasphemy against the Holy Ghost is unforgivable", which means God forgives but if you haven't received the love of God and can not forgive yourself then you won't be forgiven. That pretty much covers the "Holy Spirit blasphemy" thing.- since it was the sin of Judas.

Moving on-

You are actually more correct than majority of orthodoxies. People keep forgetting that Judaism is an Eastern religion. It began very mystical and very polytheistic. In fact they didn't become strictly monotheistic until Elijah-Elisha episode and that was only 900 years before Christ. Even Genesis has many Goddess elements and eastern pagan flavor whether Religious people like it or not. And the "serpent" was very much a symbol of "wisdom" or "desire" but misused when tempting "Eve" or the "woman, goddess within".

Ironically all of Jesus' teachings come from a feminine perspective. It is no shock since he was mainly raised by a mother and possibly women (Essene priesthood). The Holy Spirit IS the feminine aspect of God in the universe. The Holy Spirit is the "Christ-consciousness" within you, and a universal energy all around us.

God the Father- Source/Creator/I AM

God the Holy Spirit- Divine Consciousness/Mother/Creative Power

God the Son- the spiritual-material Unity, the divine-human, the offspring of God, the Soul.

It is not so much Jesus being the only offspring, it is the Cosmic Christ that is the offspring of the Father and Holy Spirit. The Cosmic Christ is the blueprint, the pattern, the pre-existing Christ of John's Gospel which is the offspring of the Father-Spirit union. And then when the Father-Holy Spirit desired a human representative of the Godhead, they brought Jesus into the world who became the Christ.

All my post is saying is- Your Right! Just adding that there is a Macrocosmic Son and the microcosmic Son. The Macro is the Word, the Christos, the Logos in John's Gospel and it is the divine-material confluence. But when that confluence is manifested as a man (i.e. Jesus) it is the prophesied Messiah, the Son of God, the soul of Jesus which is both divine and human.

Ironically ancient Israel turned the Oneness at times into Jehovah and Shekinah but this was later overthrown since they turned the masculine and feminine principles of the Oneness into gods. - which we should never do.- or else we miss the point of Oneness.

It is no irony that the reason the child Jesus came into the world was all because of a mother's consent. And it's no irony that Jesus received all his wisdom from the Spirit which is the Christ-consciousness.

Thus the Christ-consciousness IS a feminine energy if anyone was wondering.
Old 23-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeyWilcox
I was reading the Old Testament, and in the "wisdom" books (from the Catholic biblical canon), such as Proverbs and Wisdom of Solomon, wisdom is personified as a woman.
I thought maybe Wisdom was the feminine aspect of God. The masculine God took action and created the world, and the feminine God (goddess?)/Wisdom was the concept on which masculine God created. So, Wisdom is sort of passive, whereas God is aggressive, representing the archetypes of male and female.
But then I thought, perhaps Wisdom is just the Holy Spirit, so She is the second part of the Holy Trinity. This makes sense, as it biologically requires a male and a female to make a child. I know this isn't strictly scientific, but the dichotomy is basically required to produce offspring. God (man) + Holy Spirit/Wisdom (woman) = Child (Jesus the Christ).

Is this some sort of Holy Family? Not so much one essence, 3 persons, but literally God and Wisdom making Jesus.

What are your thoughts?
Wisdom is referred to as a she because the word is feminine, both in Hebrew and in Greek. English used to refer to objects and concepts as shes and hes, before neuter pronouns. But we still refer to ships as shes.

Jesus is seen, in addition to being the Word of God, as the Wisdom of God. Which is fitting with His angelic character. Angels are neither male nor female.

The Holy Spirit is not Jesus' mother; Mary the Theotokos is.

Of course, then you have all of the wild gnostic cosmologies, where Sophia (Wisdom) is an Aeon of the Godhead, and gives birth to Yaldabaoth, the demiurge. But that's for another time
Old 23-04-2013, 05:50 PM
I believe you would enjoy Llewellyn Vaughn-Lee, Phd, sufi monk, British, 60...
he wrote a book on this very thing .. it's on my book shelf somewhere...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Out_of_Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeyWilcox

What are your thoughts?

Wisdom is God. Actually God is the Prime Creator, the Creative Force, the Center of the Universe where all the energy is coming from, a pure ray of Light which on its way to YOU is divided by prism of the Holy Trinity into sub-rays Blue, Gold and Pink. Blue ray is Power, Gold is Wisdom and Pink is Love. When you join Blue and Gold rays together, they become Love, the Pink ray, which becomes Blue, and the whole process starts again on a higher level, one time loop within Eternity is over. You should be a co-Creator to be able to do that. God has nothing to do with any genders because He is also She. Gender is just a devision of the Consciousness of Prime Creator in a fractal manner. The Holy Trinity is not the only one. When Light reaches you from the Center of the Universe, it passes through many Holy Trinities on its way. A human being is not considered to be a fully formed Divine creature but rather a receptacle for Light. Your mind should be transparent like a gem for you to become a Master of Light. The best a human being can do is to learn how to become a god like Jesus or Mary by transmuting his/her own consciousness into pure Crystal. Then you will meet other people with the same ideals to form another Trinity or Constellation. Trinity is not necessary consists of three Elements. It can include many rays. Three is just the minimum amount for the System to function. That's why Ascended Masters take turns to perform as a lens for a particular ray depending on a Zodiac period. Sophia has been the Goddess of Wisdom. Athena as well. But she has a spear which is a sign of Power like Archangel Michael's sword. Mary? I'd rather say she's Love. Who's Freedom? I'm still guessing.
Old 23-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Absonite

The Urantia Book teaches that wisdom is one of the seven Adjutant spirits which represent a function of mind ministry of the Infinite Spirit (the third person of Deity) extended down-out to lower-external orders of intelligent life, through the operations of a local Mother Spirit.

(36:5.12) 7. The spirit of wisdom -- the inherent tendency of all moral creatures towards orderly and progressive evolutionary advancement. This is the highest of the adjutants, the spirit co-ordinator and articulator of the work of all the others. This spirit is the secret of that inborn urge of mind creatures which initiates and maintains the practical and effective program of the ascending scale of existence; that gift of living things which accounts for their inexplicable ability to survive and, in survival, to utilize the co-ordination of all their past experience and present opportunities for the acquisition of all of everything that all of the other six mental ministers can mobilize in the mind of the organism concerned. Wisdom is the acme of intellectual performance. Wisdom is the goal of a purely mental and moral existence.
Old 23-04-2013, 09:39 PM
AbbeyWilcox

Amilius - that makes sense. I was just confused because my Protestant upbringing was very NO ONE ELSE BUT GOD and then this Wisdom entity pops up in scripture and I got all conflicted. Thanks for explaining that!

Animus - I understand the pronoun-noun relationship, but if the ascribing of genders was a regular practice, how come other concepts in the Bible aren't personified? When the Bible speaks of humility, it is referred to as "it". Other concepts are referred to as "it" also. The fact that wisdom is specifically given the qualities of a woman sort of sets it apart from the other concepts.

Miss Hepburn - thanks for the recommendation!

Out of Here - wow, that's a very different way of viewing this situation. It makes sense, however it doesn't really ring true for me. Thanks for that explanation though!

Absonite - Hmm, so wisdom, along with six other spirits, are all like ideas, rather than manifested beings?
Old 23-04-2013, 10:12 PM
Absonite

AbbeyWilcox .... very basically put: the seven Adjutant spirits are how the Infinite (Holy) Spirit stimulates our minds to develop and be useful tools for pursuing spiritual growth. Each spirit stimulates a specific quality/activity. The seven Adjutants respectively stimulate one of the following seven qualities/activities: intuition; understanding; courage; knowledge; counsel; worship; and, wisdom.

As we allow that generous ministry from the Holy (Infinite) Spirit to cultivate those qualities and activities within our minds, in close conjunction with our life experience, we become increasingly sensitive to - and capable for partnershipping with - Father within.

And our souls gloriously grow.

This is all based upon the Urantia Book's explanations. The UB provides a different cosmological and theological approach that includes the teachings of Christ. So this is not an orthodox Biblical perspective.
Old 25-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Master
The Book of Urantia.....I am not going to even comment.

I hope that cleared everything up for you OP.

In fact it is called Lady Wisdom several times in the OT.

Wisdom was personified in a feminine form since the Wisdom is an ancient terminology for a more modern one- Christ Consciousness.

It is not some weird new age-gnostic term. Christ Consciousness is "the awareness of Christ within you and around you". This is the Holy Spirit, the wisdom of God, etc.

The Universe is an evolved experiment and all species evolve from within.

Thus God is centered everywhere, circumference no where. This God is the Christ Consciousness which is the evolutionary process towards Christ Himself. Here you get into talks about the Trinity.

Jesus not only had contact with the Christ Consciousness (Wisdom/Holy Spirit) within, but was fully aware of that Consciousness. This is how he knew his soul, his most inner being to be the Christ. And this inner self, the soul is the reality, the eternity, the Life, the Truth, etc.

Summation: The Holy Spirit is the Lady Wisdom, Wisdom of God, the Christ Consciousness, the awareness of Christ within and around. The Son is the Logos, the Word, the Christ Himself which is a divine-human unity, the Spirit of your soul. The Father is the Source, the Oneness, the "One God" of Judaism, etc.

All of creation grows out from a Center. That Center is the Trinitarian Supreme State of Being. I call God not the "supreme being" but the "Supreme State of Being". Not that a person can become God literally because a person is always distinct from what is Absolute, but a person can become absorbed into the Supreme without losing individuality, in fact ENHANCES individuality. The one who holds the Supreme State of Being to Itself is the Supreme State Itself. Sounds like I just blew a hole through your head LOL. But that is what God IS. And that is why the Supreme State must must must manifest tangible as three so-called "persons and relations". Father is the Supreme Him/Herself, the Son is the unity of the Supreme and the human disincarnate or incarnate, and the Holy Spirit is the conscious awareness of the Supreme whether you are distant or in oneness with that Supreme.

Sorry if I gave you a headache. My mind receives info from learning and then I spew out what I am receiving Heheheh :-)

It is almost like saying God exists and God doesn't exist. Or that nobody can be God except GOD, or God is nobody and no one, but God is the ONE. OR, God is the impersonal, God is the personal, God is neither these two, and yet so relative and yet so distant, but yet so much here and there.- ONENESS>
Old 26-04-2013, 02:04 PM
AbbeyWilcox

Amilius wow that makes a lot of sense. I think my brain is going to fall out of y skull but I think as I process it, I'll be able to understand it more.