Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-04-2013, 12:48 AM
WYN123

tolle

hi
struggling again if any one can help. I have over the past few weeks been following eckheart tolle, who teaches how to drop the ego and awaken. following his methods I was able to gain some insight in to presence, not being fully awakened but aware of presence or god as he calls it.
also that his vision is of a new earth with everyone enlightened.
It is this that started the alarm bells. That this teaching is in line with what the illuminati/new world order one religion etc.
Also while I did find peace and connection I also felt numb of feeling and empty, which I don't like, it also stops the communication process, you no longer feel the need to exert your views on anything.
He says once the process has started it can't be reversed.
what am I asking for - proof I was wrong to search.
proof I was right to search.
he says death of the ego leads to freedom from pain and sin
the ego or I needs to die before christ consciousness can arise
what I know
symbolically jesus died to save us from sin
we weep as he dies on the cross and rejoice when he is risen.
Old 22-04-2013, 01:54 AM
Lapis Lazuli

Tolle's books are excellent!!! His teachings are on par with what Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta Maharaj taught in their lifetime. They all tell an enormous truth, and once fully understood, is life changing!
Old 22-04-2013, 09:13 AM
amy green

"Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to "die before you die" — and find that there is no death. Eckhart Tolle

Old 22-04-2013, 03:15 PM
I was not sure exactly what your question was.
Since this is in this section, I will figure you are Christian.

Being at peace in the Now, as Mr. Tolle teaches, is another way of teaching what Jesus tried to teach...Do not worry...cast your cares...
be anxious for nothing...give me your burdens...don't even worry about your shelter and food...
I also see that as being free in the present, full of forgiving and forgetting trespasses...
How will we be ever full of the grace of God or reach the same awareness that Jesus did if our cup is already full
of other things...past and future thoughts...there is tremendous Power
in the Now as Tolle puts it.

Jesus came for us to have an abundant life. John 10:10...to be anxious for nothing...Paul in Phil 4:6

So, we let go of the past, future, cares of any kind...live in joy.

This is how I see Tolle and Jesus' guidance.
AND so far, it REALLY works!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Master

Tolle is very popular with the masses and a favorite of U.S. celebrities. That should tell you something.
Old 22-04-2013, 05:15 PM
WYN123

Hi
Thanks for all your very kind replies, thanks Mrs H, I think my question was, Am I on the right path, I wanted some one to come out shouting out about heathens and hell fire using biblical quotes as back up. And as that didn't happen scared myself out of the process just in case.
I thought if you turned away then you would not be able to return to the path - not true, its still there, although it was harder to get to.
I also feel the strong need to attend church.
Old 22-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Animus27

Ask not for whom the Eckhart Tolle's for. It Tolle's for thee.
Old 23-04-2013, 10:02 AM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Tolle is very popular with the masses and a favorite of U.S. celebrities. That should tell you something.
To put this into context. His fame came about through someone else giving him a platform, i.e. not as a direct result of his own promotion. Oprah Winfrey was greatly impressed by his book "The Power Of Now" and so it was through her TV broadcasts that his work became known to the mass media. That his teachings then took off in a big way "should tell you something".

Old 25-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
To put this into context. His fame came about through someone else giving him a platform, i.e. not as a direct result of his own promotion. Oprah Winfrey was greatly impressed by his book "The Power Of Now" and so it was through her TV broadcasts that his work became known to the mass media. That his teachings then took off in a big way "should tell you something".

I'm not saying it's not good for people. It appeals to Christian america, and I can see why. It promotes the belief that religion is ego, while we have the 'right' spirituality, and the idea of a secret that others don't get, duality, true self and ego, etc. That's about as american as it gets. There are many belief systems, and Tolle's is just one, but from the perspective of Tolle believers, this is the only way. The pride oozes from it's followers. Very Western.
Old 25-04-2013, 10:03 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I'm not saying it's not good for people. It appeals to Christian america, and I can see why. It promotes the belief that religion is ego, while we have the 'right' spirituality, and the idea of a secret that others don't get, duality, true self and ego, etc. That's about as american as it gets. There are many belief systems, and Tolle's is just one, but from the perspective of Tolle believers, this is the only way. The pride oozes from it's followers. Very Western.
Tolle says religion is ego? Really? I think you may be getting your thoughts/ideas muddled here.
He describes the ego as being a major aspect of the human dysfunction.

Generally, anyone committed to a belief thinks they have found the way. Guess what? Whilst he is my current mentor, I haven't lost my ability to critically appraise his ideas for myself, e.g. I am unsure about the ego death issue.

Are you accurately perceiving pride in Tolle's followers? Pride springs from ego - could it be peace/contentment?