Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-12-2012, 11:52 PM
Toolite

Did You Hear Someone Call Your Name?

This is powerful. If you ever experienced being somewhere and hearing your name being called but when you inquire it wasnt anyone around you. Read Samuel 1 four thru nine
GTG
Old 30-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Master
If I've looked that up correctly, you're implying that the person speaking your name is God?

I've experienced that but I've chalked it up to my guides. Same thing imo.

Old 31-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Gracey

i have heard my name called when i was a kind. my mum thought it was not good. i thought objectively about it with no fixed belief. about 4 or five months ago, i came across the this passage you posted. i told it to my mom and it brought her great relief. these days i go with this passage in my belief.
Old 31-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Toolite

I never was quite sure but I knew it sounded clear when my name was called. I too said maybe my Angels. Really now that Ive read the passage and thought about it. Higher and lower beings never say my name. I see them and get the message but they dont say
Old 31-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Toolite

My name. I felt led to the scripture becuz I rarely read the bible.
GTG
Old 18-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Ascender

You said read Samuel 1:4-9. But you didn’t say WHICH , since there’s a Samuel 1 and 2. I know GOD ,(Jehovah which I’m sure you didn’t mean), Doesn’t speak to humans the way he did to ONLY those he KNEW would worship him. And like his Father, Jesus doesn’t speak to ANY… today like he did with Paul. But I read BOTH 1st and 2nd Samuel 1:4-9. 1Sam. 1:4-9, ISN’T referring to God calling anyone’s name. it’s speaking on Hannah being sad because she has no children. And at 2Sam. 1:4-6 ,it was Saul who called out to an Amalekite man. It wasn’t Jehovah God, or any god for that matter. So whichever one you were claiming, it made NO reference of God calling one’s name.

Today satan does things that’ll make many believe it’s of god or Jesus , (2Cor. 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light). He knows EVERYONE wants to believe they’re true followers or servants of Jesus. Instead of wanting the truth regardless , (Rom. 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge). So he knows it’s not hard to fool many ,( Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks) of the devil). Many need to understand it’s NOT Jesus who’s calling their name, but satan.

True story!... when I was 16 ,(I’ll NEVER forget this!), I was standing at my closet retrieving something, it was after 12midnight. A wall separated my room from my brothers room. I heard them ,( both brothers), as clear as a good day, call my name. I answered what?, they said…”come here”, I said ok wait! I was also speaking someone one the phone, so I went back to the phone to tell that person, hold on! Went BACK! , to my closet, heard again my name by BOTH BROTHERS, saying, “come here!’ , I said again ok! ,went back to the phone said to the person, hold on! I open the bedroom door, and seen one of my brothers sleep on the sofa. Something felt wrong, so I went to their room, the other was sleep.

Now many first said, they were playing a trick on you. No!, because first I would have heard if someone pass by my room. Secondly , I was ALWAYS, the ONLY one still up well pass 10, My family goes to sleep early. But most importantly, the brother in the room, had been very sick for a few days, basically slept. Me and my mother had to take care of him from his bed. He didn’t even have the strength sit up, let alone to play. ALSO that’s just the type of thing we would do, being mature teens, (let’s play communicate through the walls). My mother said after I told her that morning, NEVER answer, those were demons. Now that I am a Christian, I’ve since found that scripturally to be true.

and that night after I told my mother, again around 12midnight ,(which things usually happen to me), I was laying in my bed, not sleepy. Ok , let me explain how the rooms were. When my bedroom door is open, on my bed, I see the bathroom door, next my mother’s door. Across from the bathroom was my brothers room, their door stayed open. and the street light shined in casing light onto the bathroom door, which stayed closed. Anyway, I notice from the bottom of the door, a shadow. I didn’t make it out, until it moved up about 10 inches, I sat there for about 5 seconds, realizing it was a “ghost.”

Actually it looked like it could have been my sick brother. Someone said that could have been my brothers. I knew it wasn’t because the head of the shadow looked as it was bald. my brothers had hair, one was longer. I jumped out of my bed and ran to their room ,(which was dumb)!, again they were sleep. Funny, I seen and heard what seem to be my brothers, to find both times were demons. This is to make me believe, and I did. The dead can still walk the earth. So again hearing, voices, speaking to one or not, and seeing , be-it a dead family or not, those are demons. peace
Old 18-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Master
During one very difficult period of my life (late 20s), I very clearly heard my name called twice; I even looked around to see who it was that was calling me. I was then specifically told I needed to go to a particular educational center. That lead to my taking night classes, which eventually set me on a very happy 20-year career path.
Old 18-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
i have heard my name called when i was a kind. my mum thought it was not good. i thought objectively about it with no fixed belief. about 4 or five months ago, i came across the this passage you posted. i told it to my mom and it brought her great relief. these days i go with this passage in my belief.

Me also, Gracey. Standing in the kitchen of our house, as a child at 4 or 5. Loud.
Scared the be jeebers outta me.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 18-01-2013, 05:37 PM
mom

I havent heard my name.... but have been awoken (very startled) by a really high pitched voice yelling "mom!" I jumped out of bed to check on my girls, who were sounds asleep, then realized it couldnt have been them because it was super loud and too high pitched for them, and plus it seemed like it was yelled directly in my ear. Ive had this happen several times.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:39 AM
BlueFlame

Yeah, that happened to me too and I realized what it was about. When you do too there will be no doubt. Next time it happens, look within. Cheers :)