Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
john the baptist is the reincarnation of the prophet elijah
That is not what Palestinian Jews of the 1st century would've thought when they said John was Elijah come again.

In popular Jewish tradition, it was widely spread that Elijah would return from the heavens and prophesy to Judea, and perform miracles. Elijah is also the quintessential prophet. By identifying John with him, it's basically a way of saying he's a great prophet.

For reincarnation to make sense in the context of Second Temple Judaism, there would have to be a belief in a transmigration of souls; which is decidedly not the case. The various grave inscriptions from Judea of the time are actually rather negative when it comes to the afterlife, expressing little hope for any kind of life here-after - almost none with reference to resurrection, a known Jewish belief of the time.

As a final point of Elijah's miraculous return: in the Gospel of Matthew, when Jesus cries out on the cross "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani", the crowd mishears him and thinks he's calling for Elijah to come and save him, which was a folk belief, that Elijah could swoop down from heaven to save pious Jews.
Old 28-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
Too horrid to contemplate.

Well, Bluegreen, it is dependant upon perspective. True?
We had been told the course humanity will take long ago, we have been told how the King will return before humanity has the chance to do the complete destruction here, and, the good news on what will ensue!

Objectively, I am just stating the facts.
Who's been telling us all of this?
God.
So we know He is in control, and, what the end result will be.

Lets face it, regarding progress... technology and such changes... human nature hasn't changed, as we see.
If we are to have hope, we need to believe the writings.

They come to us apart from the time/space construct and Creation.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 28-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Master
Who said the end times are a complete destruction of the planet?

Everything in Revelations happens every day.

Obviously the true end times is the end times that ancient Christians and Jews believed in- the end of Evil! And the final peace on the planet.

The end times are the transformation of the planet's consciousness through many hardships, but at the end of the crucifixion there will be a resurrection where only good souls and spirits incarnate in our realm and remake the Eden on Earth that once was in the beginning.- following the return, or reincarnation or re-manifestation of Jesus into the earth as the Spiritual Guide (Davidic King) of the human race.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
We had been told the course humanity will take long ago, we have been told how the King will return before humanity has the chance to do the complete destruction here, and, the good news on what will ensue!

Objectively, I am just stating the facts. What facts? The Bible? Perhaps to you.
God. Not to me. God did not write the Bible. Men did. Although I will concede that they were perhaps able to receive messages from God, those men were not infallible.
So we know He is in control, and, what the end result will be. Not in the way you think God is in control. He gave us free will and will not interfere unless asked. He controls because he does not "sleep" because if he were to sleep the cosmos would blink out of existence.

Lets face it, regarding progress... technology and such changes... human nature hasn't changed, as we see. Human nature has indeed changed in the most important way, namely by becoming more compassionate.
If we are to have hope, we need to believe the writings. Why hope? Just a knowing that all was, is, and will be well and it does not come from believing the writings.

They come to us apart from the time/space construct and Creation.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 PM
StaroftheSea

From my relationship with Jesus and Our Lady Mary Mother of Jesus I take 'everything' literally and what is stated within each Holy Bible (Jesus teachings through His Disciples).

Here is a question posed.

If God and Jesus and The Holy Spirit (The Holy Trinity) wanted Jesus' Holy Memory kept alive for each generation of His Children; does one not think or form the view (commonsense) that Jesus has ensured that His Holy Scriptures and knowledge of Jesus would reach most people here on His Earth and correctly; "all things are possible in Jesus".

What would be the point of God appointing His Most Beloved Son Jesus "with You I am well pleased" to suffer all agonies and die on the Cross for us, without ensuring that Jesus' Life events here were not correctly recorded by His Disciples and literally passed through each Generation (from Century to Century) right up until today.

We all forget that without ever having known about Jesus Holy Scriptures passed through the Disciples originally; it is a fairly safe thing to say, that we would not have had any knowledge of God and Jesus with the exception of Ancestors of Ancestors passing down through their Families stories of Jesus/God through diary recordings (and there would have been those that exist somewhere under the ground in the Middle East) in addition to God/Jesus having appeared and spoken to different Saints and people throughout each Generation.

As in past generations through most of His Countries, Jesus has ensured that most people have known about His Life/existence and Jesus' sacrifices for us as sinners from appointing His Christian Missionaries sent to remote countries to appointing all of His Christian Clergy through the ages.

It was up to all of us to pray for all of His Holy appointed and for all causes through each Generation and most importantly to follow His Commandments he left us in 'literal terms and terminology' over and over again through His Scriptures from each one of His Disciples.

At any date, time or place Jesus performs His miracles upon His Earth with many of us being totally unaware (today). We are far too busy to stop and 'see' let alone acknowledge all of God's most beautiful miracles He performs daily in our lives and other people's lives. The more thanks for all of God's Blessings He has given us and not having taken for granted; the more Blessings we may have received through our Lives.

Each time one fully opens up their Heart to Jesus by making the choice to kneel, sit or stand quietly, reflecting upon Jesus' Stations of His Cross while praying and/or praying The Holy Rosary or other prayers that Jesus left us from His Holy Scriptures; one's Soul and Life change (for the better).

Jesus has the Holy Power to deliver any thing a Child of Christ requests. It is Jesus through Our Lady Mary who has delivered every thing I have ever asked for the good of my Soul and for the good of others through prayers. Every thing over 43 years of my life and my Parents' Lives; that is not to say there have not been hardships, deaths and other things endured, I am saying that when my Family and self have always opened up our Hearts to Jesus; He has always answered all prayers.

Ensuring that His Holy Scriptures were passed through each Generation would have been a done thing long before it occurred.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Master
The above is a very bright post, and shining with Truth. Thank you very much.

Perhaps, if you would, post on your percption of Jesus' commandments to us.
Most are aware of the Ten Commandments. What are Jesus' commandments?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus

Bluegreen:
Objectively, I am just stating the facts. What facts? The Bible? Perhaps to you.
God. Not to me. God did not write the Bible. Men did. Although I will concede that they were perhaps able to receive messages from God, those men were not infallible.
So we know He is in control, and, what the end result will be. Not in the way you think God is in control. He gave us free will and will not interfere unless asked. He controls because he does not "sleep" because if he were to sleep the cosmos would blink out of existence.

Lets face it, regarding progress... technology and such changes... human nature hasn't changed, as we see. Human nature has indeed changed in the most important way, namely by becoming more compassionate.
If we are to have hope, we need to believe the writings. Why hope? Just a knowing that all was, is, and will be well and it does not come from believing the writings.
They come to us apart from the time/space construct and Creation

[/quote]

Amillius777:
[quote]Who said the end times are a complete destruction of the planet?

Everything in Revelations happens every day.

Obviously the true end times is the end times that ancient Christians and Jews believed in- the end of Evil! And the final peace on the planet.

The end times are the transformation of the planet's consciousness through many hardships, but at the end of the crucifixion there will be a resurrection where only good souls and spirits incarnate in our realm and remake the Eden on Earth that once was in the beginning.-
following the return, or reincarnation or re-manifestation of Jesus into the earth as the Spiritual Guide (Davidic King) of the human race.[/QUOTE]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amillius, A global situatrion affecting all of humanity does not happen every day.

Yes. This is what Jesus' own statements, and John's also, in the Book of Revelation's, describes.
As well as other prophetic writings in the Bible. Such as in Daniel. Which aligns with Revelation.

Today, thanks to technology, the world is in a situation of,
"The Tower of Babel". True?

Communications technology, but also, the ability for super powers to reach out and touch one another, as it were.
When has this been the case before in humanity?

This is a fulfillment of Biblical prophecies.

But, putting that aside for the moment, and in alignment with other scriptural writings and data, such as with the Mayan Calendar Round...
the Earth and Solar System is in a new position in the Galaxy, which the Earth hasn't seen in a great while.

It was brought out in the 2007 NOVA program, "A Global Warning?", that the Earth has gone through abrupt changes in the distant past... it's climate dramatically changing in mere decades, which same we are seeing now and today.

Scientists recognize the influence on this, by humanity's industry, but, it is only an added factor to a Cosmic cycle and situation.
- Towards the end of the DVD, a scientist is asked "What ould it take to get humanity on the same page?"

He stated, "Perhaps, a class 3 Hurricane occurring in Washington, or in New York."
Since then we've seen Hurricane Sandy, at the beginning of this year.

Europe we see, and elsewhere, is being affected too, no exemptions,

Of course, in His statements in Mathew 24, and Luke 21, Jesus described what is occurring today, regarding the signs of the end of days, and this also is prophecy being fulfilled.
All of the world's protests, involving the disaffected towards this, will not interfere, or stop, prophecy from occurring.

Upper echalons in various governments have percieved what is approaching, and, in an affort to save themselves and preserve things have dug for themselves fortified caverns, entrenchments and tunnels.

This also is described in prophecy, in the Book of Revelation.
Regarding efforts to protect themselves as written, from the, "wrath of the Lamb".

Last edited by Morpheus : 05-08-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:17 AM
StaroftheSea

Ah...Morpheus, Jesus works (through you) in mysterious ways! You both know my weakness; Jesus is reminding me of a Commandment I always forget 'Practice what you are Preaching of Mine' has come through!

May God's Love and Light shine through you always Morpheus
Old 06-08-2013, 06:44 AM
StaroftheSea

The Two Witnesses

Hi Morpheus, the following are the Ten Commandments as a reminder for us all that you requested (the Catholic and Protestant Churches are the same just different words used;

1. I, the Lord, am your God, you shall not have other gods besides me.

2. You shall not take the name of the Lord God in vain

3. Remember to keep Holy the Lord's Day

4. Honor your Father and your Mother

5. You shall not kill

6. You shall not commit adultery

7. You shall not steal

8. You shall not bear false witness

9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife

10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods

God's Love and Light to all of my Brothers and Sisters in Jesus Christ our Saviour