Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-08-2013, 04:37 PM
StaroftheSea

The First Commandment

Mark 12:28

One of the Scribes came near and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that,Jesus answered them well he asked "Which Commandment is the first of all?". Jesus answered "The first is, Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is "One". You shall Love the Lord your God with all your Heart, and with all your Soul, and with all your Mind, and with all your strength."

Mark 16: 14

Later Jesus appeared to the eleven themselves as they were sitting at the Table and he upbraided them for their lack of faith and stubbornness because they had not believed those who had seen Jesus after He had risen.

And Jesus said to them "Go out into all the World and proclaim The Good News to the whole creation. The one who believes and is baptized shall be saved. The one who does not believe will be condemned.

Signs were given by Jesus to His Disciples.

So then the Lord Jesus after He had spoken to them, was taken up into Heaven and sat down at the Right Hand of God, and they went out into the World to proclaim The Good News everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the Signs that accompanied it.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Ammy,
I have wondered...when u say you were not satisfied with Parmahansa Yogananda...
did you know the Kriya yoga techniques he taught, changed a bit apparently...and
practice them for hours?
It was brought up so I thought it ok to ask .
I will look uo Rohr, thanx.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Master
Its not so much disappointed in his techniques, its his entire outlook on spirituality. I feel like no technique, spiritual classes, or meditation hours will change your consciousness. What changes and transforms us is the heart and our intent.

Yogananda is great but he says a lot of things that I don't find to be true. But I believe he is a positive teacher and he is all about positive power, enforcement, and aiming for the highest goal.

You always hear- "Christ transforms us etc". But its all about ourselves. The Christ-consciousness (Holy Spirit) which is forgiveness, understanding, discernment, wisdom etc are the fruits that change our consciousness and intent.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Master
StaroftheSea,

When Jesus said- "What you do unto others you do unto Me."

What do you think Jesus meant by that? Whats with his Universal Me?

This Universal "Unto Me" he is using is the Christ Spirit I was talking about. It is the Logos, the True Self, the Christ Being.

Jesus saw himself, his true self which was Spirit within all people emanating from God the Father. This is the God-self, the part of you that wasn't created but produced, begotten from the Father in eternity. We have all fallen short of that Higher Self, the Glory of God within ever since we incarnated in this three-dimensional limited world.

That is why we must all go through our own mini-crucifixion to crucify the lower-self desires to allow the higher-true Spirit Self to be reborn.

When Jesus died and resurrected, the divine and human natures were united as a New Creation. The divine Christ is the divine nature, and the human soul is the human nature. When they were inseparably united in Jesus due to his obedient earthly sojourn he became the Son of God.