Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 16-06-2021, 01:46 PM
Master
Absolutely agree with what Gem said about investigating it rather than developing an aversion to it, because demonising desire is only liable to lead to repression and/or denial. Just to add to that, what I've found useful in the past is to notice how desire feels in the body, and what emotions and sensations might also be accompanying it.
Old 16-06-2021, 02:17 PM
Master

Hii A human being,

Yes have tried to just feel it all today! It’s usually the basis of my inner work to just feel it (in various forms and variating in technique over time)
Old 16-06-2021, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
Hii A human being,

Yes have tried to just feel it all today! It’s usually the basis of my inner work to just feel it (in various forms and variating in technique over time)
Excellent! I know that's been a big, big part of my spiritual journey, there's definitely room for exploring various spiritual concepts, too, but developing greater sensitivity in the body is so important I think (or at least it has been for me).
Old 16-06-2021, 03:24 PM
Master

Hii A human being,

Yes it’s golden. I’m not processing if I’m not feeling it!
Old 16-06-2021, 03:35 PM
ImthatIm

Not sure if this is similar to any Buddhist teaching, but I will throw it out here.
I have central desires for life sustaining substances.
Called the Elements.
Fire
Earth
Water
Air
In these I find a certain freedom from other desires that are not Life sustaining Today.
Then I will throw in Divine Love which is inside of myself and is a huge desire, but a desire to share it unconditionally.

Many of Life's desires that are not Life sustaining, I find if I desire then I should
give out that desire and let it go.If it comes back O.K. but more importantly
I learn about giving which takes the focus off of ME and my desires and sense of lack.
Or you could say change your perspective and thinking.
If I continually see my lack pretty soon I throw myself a Huge pity party and I will be the only one to attend and the spiral continues.
Instead find a way to celebrate Life.Be Thankful for the Water and the Air and Earth and Fire.
Old 16-06-2021, 05:22 PM
Master

Thanks ImThatIm,

Yes in the buddhist section because I felt it was the best fit for my internal question. Or what I tried to convey through words.

I hear more often I focus quite a bit in myself from my teachers. They say I should focus elsewhere
Old 16-06-2021, 08:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Not sure if this is similar to any Buddhist teaching, but I will throw it out here.
I have central desires for life sustaining substances.
Called the Elements.
Fire
Earth
Water
Air

http://tibetanbuddhistencyclopedia.c...4%81bh%C5%ABta
Old 16-06-2021, 08:20 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

I'll be darned.
I knew I had something in common with Buddhism.
These elements are where I center myself instead of drifting to far off into mental fluff or suffering.
I also use the 7 directions: Center and the 4 cardinals and up and down.(which one could also say the universe which is for me and not against me)
Of course the Great Mystery Spirit(which is in ALL including the 7 directions is where Buddhism sometimes might disagree or not which is fine.
Old 16-06-2021, 08:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Hii A human being,

Yes it’s golden. I’m not processing if I’m not feeling it!
Exactly!
Old 16-06-2021, 10:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Tune into space and just let go.
Besides that, there is a need to feel through. Like feel the lack of support before you can truly let go of it. I did this yesterday and today I’m “just letting go”. Another thing I did that might have done something, is to tune into a deity and trying to make space to love that deity and have faith and trust.
Yeah.

I think we are here to learn to co-create with Spirit or Deity.
And that among other things means learning to ‘direct energy’ …. toward solutions, but of course those ‘solutions’ that may manifest in the now-situations will always be impermanent.

The opposite of that is what? - Like becoming a professional victim of our circumstance. It doesn’t direct energy towards any solution, but keeps us stuck in victimhood.