Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 26-06-2021, 12:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Post I need help meditating!!!!

Hey y'all ili hope I'm in the right place to get some meditation tips. Also groups nearby Atlanta Ga. I'm having a hard concentrating...any tips peace andbl blessing!!!
Old 26-06-2021, 02:46 PM
asearcher

you could practise through using youtube various meditations, you'll figure it out. best way to get results is for me after a good nights rest or if I happen to wake up somewhere around 2-4 am and then after a while meditate.

Not everyone experience this but I have gotten paranomormal experiences in correlation to the meditative state and after, feeling of presence etc. (That could be because I live in what use to be a haunted home with previous owners too experiences things. It is as if the walls are thinner here or something. For a long time now there has not been any new paranormal experiences. I can still sometimes feel presences and communicate in dreams or rather in between dream and reality state of mind but it's OK, as long as it stays there).

According to one source they see you as a glow. I have often felt touched and had both good and bad experiences with this.

I pray before I meditate and I create an imaginary bubble of protection before, I too make sure I imagine roots from my back to the earth ground before (this or else I will start to "spin" or I will lift up and it can then be I don't wish to experience out of body experience), this just to be cautious. But then again lots of people meditate and nothing like this happens to them anyhow. Could be the location where I have meditated and/or that I feel a lot, am empathic which then has meant that I feel it as some spirits or beings make me feel their emotions and it gets stronger and stronger, perhaps this give out some sort of energy, and if we take for example low, negative energy feed off fear so if I give out a feeling of fear well then that's just splendid.

There are pro and cons to meditation. *Deleted*. I guess my advice is to not push it and not do it too often. I have felt a sensation where I later learn was where the third eye is...long story short I then began to stop it. Not everyone can handle the pace when the third eye opens, I am one of them. There are those who get to hear voices 24/7 and not the kind ones etc and land in mental care. I don't wish to frighten you but just place an awareness there for you. One can also reach the most heavenly state of mind.

The trick is to not concentrate but get to the state where you land between sleep, dream and reality, when you think of nothing, when you let what ever happen happen. If you have difficulty doing it on your own, which I too had, I found that youtube meditation videos where a voice led me, took charge, helped. Then use a voice that is safe and soothing to you. Blueskyhypnosis, meditations has helped me, is on youtube. I am sensitive to voices and I really like his voice so then I give up my power and follow, but I too know I am in power to interrupt and wake up, get out of the state any time I like.

Best of luck =)

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 27-06-2021 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Pls read Rules on scaremongering
Old 26-06-2021, 04:09 PM
Guide
there isn't anything you're supposed to "do" or that a group can teach you that you can't learn for free on youtube.

if your having trouble concentrating, do you have access to a place where you can have peace and quiet for 15 mins? ( even the bathroom is okay. shower meditation is fab ).

Meditation can be anything - it can be creativity, dance, yoga, washing the dishes or sitting meditating.

If you want to sit and meditate, literally just get into a comfy position, lying down or sitting ( something you can do for a long period of time, sitting in a chair is okay ) close your eyes.

then just focus on your breathing.
if it helps, just say to yourself:

Breathe In
(then hold your breath for a second)
Breathe Out
(hold for a second)
Breath In

and so on.

If you are just beginning, likely you have an overactive mind that races from one thing to the next.

That's okay.
So if you find yourself losing concentration, that's fine.
Just when you notice, bring yourself back to your breathing.
and do that for every time you notice it happening.

Eventually you'll find that your able to stay with your breath for longer, and you have more control over where your mind goes.
Old 26-06-2021, 04:16 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
There are pro and cons to meditation. *deleted*. I guess my advice is to not push it and not do it too often. I have felt a sensation where I later learn was where the third eye is...long story short I then began to stop it. Not everyone can handle the pace when the third eye opens, I am one of them. There are those who get to hear voices 24/7 and not the kind ones etc and land in mental care. I don't wish to frighten you but just place an awareness there for you. One can also reach the most heavenly state of mind.
Best of luck =)
I would agree with this.
Advanced meditation, *deleted* - its normal and its why the sages never talk about it. For one thing, its a distraction and takes away from the goal of meditation.

I used to meditate for 20 minutes a day for anxiety/depression relief and it changed my life. Really!

But then I met my TF, started having "breakthroughs" in meditation, formed a habit of meditating for like 10-12 hours a day and I experienced myself as god. and for a year after that i started having all the chakra sensations and kundalini awakenings, and started seeing spirits and visions and psychic remote viewing, the flower of life matrix etc - but only when in the meditative state.

So i stopped meditating for a while, to ground myself.

I wouldn't recommend diving deep like that with no guides or teachers you can go to...

but 20 minutes a day with a guided meditation on youtube is fine!

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 27-06-2021 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Read Rules, pls, regarding scaremongering
Old 26-06-2021, 04:34 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Shamatha/Calm abiding instructions and notes https://www.vipassanaforum.net/meditation/Shamatha.pdf

Let go of all preconceptions, expectations, self-doubt, self-criticism, self-judgment and just do it for the sake of doing it and daily with dogged determination.
Old 26-06-2021, 06:20 PM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless08
Hey y'all ili hope I'm in the right place to get some meditation tips. Also groups nearby Atlanta Ga. I'm having a hard concentrating...any tips peace andbl blessing!!!

Before I suggest you anything, let me ask a question first. Why do you want to meditate in the first place? What is your purpose and you are hoping to achieve from it?

My suggestion regarding meditation depends on your answer.

With love,
Sanjay
Old 26-06-2021, 07:22 PM
Knower

As MysticalShaman stated meditation can be brought about with anything meditation isn't a set rule nor is it my business as to why's and all that.
Maybe starting with something like dishes or cleaning in general to help bring your mind into focus. Physical activities help's many people reach some meditative state. And by starting with something like cleaning or whatever you wish to replace that with can be a good starting point. Then once you are able to put your minds focus on what your doing instead of thinking. You will slowly teach yourself how to calm the mind some and if want to move to more traditional ways. Also the more you over think on overthinking the traditional ways will become just more stressful and in return creating threads like this.

Don't consider this as a look down or insulting in any way. I have been meditating for a long long time, even found my own meditation that works best for me as well as having lessons in the birthplace of Zen...( Temple name omited)And I still at times use physical activities such as cleaning to help me with switching the meditation's intent. Never underestimate the power of what we call the basics.

Good luck in your quest, taming the Mind isn't a easy quest.
I wanted to add more info to help with the cleaning idea. Cleaning can and will become like another instinct like walking across the road
Which is kinda the point diverting the minds energy towards something. And if you catch your Mind starting to think to much about something else. Just start focusing on the cleaning or what have you, shift your thoughts where you want then to go. This will be part of the process in teaching your self to calm or take charge of overthinking.
Old 26-06-2021, 07:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveless08
I'm having a hard concentrating...any tips

This is probably true for everyone when they begin meditating. The first thing we discover is how little control we have over the mind and its incessant chatter.

The nature of the mind is movement, and it is naturally attracted to movement. The nature of the Self is stillness, and somehow we have to turn the mind away from movement towards stillness. This takes time and practice.

It helps if we can be fully present in each moment during our daily activities. If our attention is scattered throughout the day then it is difficult to sit down in the evening to meditate and concentrate. Using a simple mantra during the day can help to keep the mind focused.

*Deleted.*

Thoughts will arise, so try observing each thought arising out of nothing and dissolving back into nothing. Then there is a space of emptiness before the next thought arises. Rest in that empty space between thoughts, and you may find that the space between thoughts becomes longer.

When we first learn to meditate our thoughts seem to fill our awareness. We can reach a stage where any thoughts arising are like small bubbles arising within an ocean of awareness.

Persistence is the key.

Peace

Last edited by iamthat : 26-06-2021 at 08:51 PM.
Old 26-06-2021, 08:56 PM
Ascender

Meditating generally means that you are in the present and you've let go of the mind chatter. Which is easier said than done for most people. If you read about meditation techniques, you'll see recommendations about 'concentrating on your breath'. You literally focus on your breathing in and out and if you get distracted by a thought you just bring your attention back to your breath as soon as you realize your focus changed. With practice it will get easier.

Listening to a guided meditation cd is another way to meditate. If you have a favorite instrumental relaxation cd, you can listen to that and focus on the music instead of your breath.

At first it will seem like you're being bombarded by unwelcome thoughts, with your mind acting like a impatient toddler demanding your attention. You just keep bringing your focus back to your meditation. If you keep at it, you'll gain control and those thoughts will become fewer and fewer.

An old favorite meditation CD of mine is "Misty Forest Morning" by David and Steve Gordon. It is an instrumental mostly with piano that accompanies sounds of nature like birds and babbling brook. I find it very easy to meditate to and lose myself to the sounds of the forest. I found a link to youtube so you can listen. If you like it, you can get it from Amazon. Give it a listen and tell me what you think.

https://youtu.be/CliNRH8Env4
Old 26-06-2021, 10:43 PM
Master
Make sure you're properly grounded...

If there's constant mind chatter & thoughts see them as clouds in the sky. You can look at 'em, but you don't have to do anything with 'em. There's just there, you don't have to fight them and try to suppress them either.

Do a guided meditation. This works better for some, incl. me.

Make sure you are really relaxed. Go into nature beforehand if need be. Play some relaxing music.