Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-07-2021, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnat
Thanks for appreciation.
I almost live a retired life and only do some trading in the stock market from home as that is my passion since young age.
Remember me when you make your first Billion and good luck with your book ...
Old 19-07-2021, 01:13 PM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Remember me when you make your first Billion and good luck with your book ...
I have not earned much from the stock market. I rather do it for excitement and it also keeps me busy for many hours a day.

With love,
Sanjay
Old 19-07-2021, 03:28 PM
Master
QUOTE 820 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnat
The point is everything is important and necessary too but only up to a certain point. And, one must be aware what way is required at a given point and when it should be discarded.
Excellent point ! Unfortunately, there are many who do not recognize the point at which certain things should be discarded.
Old 20-07-2021, 03:06 AM
zinnat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 820 EXCERPT: Excellent point ! Unfortunately, there are many who do not recognize the point at which certain things should be discarded.

That usually happens when one tries to explore the path on its own. When one becomes able to take a step or two, he/she assumes that it is the only way forward. Having said that, one can still find it but it takes a long time in trial and error method, sometimes too long to correct the course.

with love,
sanjay
Old 20-07-2021, 10:08 AM
Master
Again I'm of the opposite view because the truth is you are alone and you have to discern for yourself. There is or there can be help on the way, but you'll likely fall into some nonsense and get led astray, so it's still up to you alone to determine. Otherwise you get led by some spiritual teacher and become flaccid, docile and obedient, and lose your own ability to discern rightly.
Old 20-07-2021, 11:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Again I'm of the opposite view because the truth is you are alone and you have to discern for yourself. There is or there can be help on the way,
I wonder why some desire then choose to go on Retreats and follow the Rules and become totally docile, almost like a Robot especially during ' Service ' not being allowed to look another Human in the eye amonsts other 'Rules' during the Retreat itself.
Imo opinion the wiseTeacher shows you the way but doesn't drag you along by your hair, with threats of being discluded from their classes if you don't fully go their way.
From what I have seen some become totally brainwashed and docile while following SOME Teachers but don't realise it themselves....
No mans an island....
Old 20-07-2021, 11:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Again I'm of the opposite view because the truth is you are alone and you have to discern for yourself. There is or there can be help on the way, but you'll likely fall into some nonsense and get led astray, so it's still up to you alone to determine. Otherwise you get led by some spiritual teacher and become flaccid, docile and obedient, and lose your own ability to discern rightly.
There's definitely a danger of that, but it's not a given that it'll happen like that - having an inner integrity and recognising when you might be clutching to the coat-tails of a particular person is important, I think, and recognising that there's a world of difference between knowing the path and actually walking it.
Old 20-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
There's definitely a danger of that, but it's not a given that it'll happen like that - having an inner integrity and recognising when you might be clutching to the coat-tails of a particular person is important, I think, and recognising that there's a world of difference between knowing the path and actually walking it.

Indeed. It depends where we stand on our path. Those at an early stage may well succumb to blind faith and docile obedience because they are still learning about spiritual discrimination. Those who are more advanced can benefit from the guidance of a spiritual teacher without losing their inner integrity.

Peace
Old 20-07-2021, 06:36 PM
Legrand

Could we not say that at one point everything becomes a teacher?
Old 20-07-2021, 10:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Indeed. It depends where we stand on our path. Those at an early stage may well succumb to blind faith and docile obedience because they are still learning about spiritual discrimination. Those who are more advanced can benefit from the guidance of a spiritual teacher without losing their inner integrity.

Peace
Absolutely, well said.