Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-06-2021, 11:12 AM
Deactivated Account
If individuals aren't demonstrating mediumship when they're supposed to be doing then it's fair and reasonable to suspect they may not be mediums in the first place.

If they're plainly in cahoots with others in the room then it smacks of fraud. For the inexperienced observer, though, that fraud may not be obvious and a possibly-convincing excuse may be offered if questioned or challenged.

Where fraud is less likely, though, is during a Zoom demonstration. Psychic reading rather than mediumship may still happen but collaboration with others isn't possible. It's harder with Zoom for a medium to be drawn towards an individual as all those attending a demonstration may not easily be seen but an accomplished medium can still 'work the virtual room' seeking the intended recipient of a message from spirit. On Zoom I've seen some remarkable mediumship but also some pretty poor work. It looks a demanding platform for some whereas others are in their element.
Old 13-06-2021, 04:53 AM
Master
With the lights on, I have watched some 'mediums' do blind-fold billets. I was surprise how easy it was to fake those demonstrations.

What I have noticed is that when 'mediums' are called upon to 'perform' their routine repeatedly, they seem to always rely on fakery, which has given Mediums a bad name.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-06-2021, 05:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

EXCERPT

If Spirit gives me one word that's the message I pass on, because Spirit has their own reasons for whatever message they give.

It is just like if you get a personal message from Spirit....... which can be only one word.

Recently I was on an Interstate and I was told "Sheriff". I could have easily ignored the message because Sheriff deputies do not patrol Interstates. Instead I slowed down and right up ahead was a Sheriff Deputy in the median with his radar.

If I hadn't listened, I would have gotten a nice, hefty ticket.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-06-2021, 06:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
It is just like if you get a personal message from Spirit....... which can be only one word.
I think the understanding here is that it had meaning for you and you responded, it's up to the recipient to decide. Some enjoy the conversation and some don't, and I've had a few that were so overwhelmed that they couldn't cope with any more. One or two with just a gesture.
Old 13-06-2021, 06:14 AM
Master
I know what you are saying.

Old 13-06-2021, 06:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Frauds have always been and are likely to remain part of the mediumship scene. It seems their trickery is a magnet for certain people, perhaps those who see their performance as magic.

Pedicting what a folded bill is, however, is not mediumship in just the same way that faked physical phenomena isn't actual physical mediumship.

Those who understand all that don't need me to explain it but there may be readers of this conversation who do need to aware of the shenanigans that sometimes occur in apparently-genuine demonstrations.
Old 13-06-2021, 06:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob

EXCERPT

Pedicting what a folded bill is, however, is not mediumship in just the same way that faked physical phenomena isn't actual physical mediumship.

Are you talking about blindfold billets?

If you are, that is not the same as "predicting what a folded bill is". Blindfold billets has nothing to do with money.

Old 13-06-2021, 07:17 AM
Deactivated Account
oops - my misunderstanding Different technique, similar trickery intent.

Wikipedia has this to say: "Many magicians take delight fooling billet readers in any number of ways. When used as a spiritualist act, the simplest method is to write questions to people who are not yet dead or are just made up, and then watch as the spiritualist pretends to contact the fake name. Another method is to write a statement that is so ribald, funny or startling that it trips up the performer when they read it. Exposing billet readers has a long history."

Such charlatans deserve all the embarrassment they can be made to experience.
Old 13-06-2021, 09:23 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Frauds have always been and are likely to remain part of the mediumship scene. It seems their trickery is a magnet for certain people, perhaps those who see their performance as magic.

Those who understand all that don't need me to explain it but there may be readers of this conversation who do need to aware of the shenanigans that sometimes occur in apparently-genuine demonstrations.
I was dealing with a charlatan recently, kinda still am.
This person tried to pull her way's on me and I told her a few things right off the bat. Such as what "part" of my gift is since she eagerly wants others to know hers. I also told her I use to be highly manipulative at times and also use to like watching people try to manipulate me. As well as a few other things to be upfront with her and to help her with the attempt to charlatan me. Of course she didn't listen and stayed unaware of whom her victim/client was. In the attempt to keep this brief and other reasons I'll skip most of the thoughts that is rolling thru my mind.
I kept an eye on her even when we stayed separate at times...I am calling them "time outs" I think Reverse time out's would be a better name for it. Since I allow the one being put on time out believe I am the one being put on time out. I did do something the other day that I kinda struggled with that I did, partly because uncertain if I did what I think I did and if so did I do it dor the proper reasons. I think I have some clarity on that now

This type of Charlatan seeks victims out like a magnet. Usually , maybe, have a little truth within the charlatan way's. Like a narcissist with a touch of spiritual awakening.
Old 13-06-2021, 10:27 PM
Knower

I had a "dream" when I was young and I use to sometimes wonder what it was about or for.
During my current stage of accepting that which I am, accepting my calling so to say.
During my Path of life there was a lot if things I knew about myself, yet not allowed myself to accept those parts as the truth or better to say whole truth. This way of rejection wasn't applied towards rejecting myself , path, or God but allowed me to remove myself from getting in the way of the Way. To follow the Path not the self
When I was a child this seemed the only way to go forward, to reject the worldy view of labels and to my own self be true the best I could.

Back to dream, I am starting to realize that the dream was my Spirit guides and I have been following them all along. Even when the time me and another opened ourselves up complete in a Spiritual way....that I spoke of in a thread once. It was a wonderful moment for so many reasons, and one reason was for once along my Path I had assurance from an outside force in the matter of my Spirit guides.
Ever since I can recall I been upon my Path it's mostly been solo on my own in the sense of understanding my Spiritual path. To me it wasn't considered "Spiritual" it just was. Even in Kindergarten I was forced to reject labels that was put upon me by others. Now that same label has basically been reversed by what the world thinks the label is. I am glad to have had the original version of that label though, I consider it one of my earliest grounding's. Of course it did have some side effects but that to was important also.

I guess what some part of what I am saying is.
It's not really about "if" there my spirit guide(s) I would know or not. Nor if one never does come face to face with them. Or any of that stuff

To me what's important is are we willing to accept our guide and follow them. No matter if it's where you want to go or not?
Ultimately it is our choice that's the beauty of free will. No mumbo jumbo can override the concept that it is our choice. Not even God will force someone to come to him.
For many are called upon and so few will accept the call.