Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 01-06-2021, 10:45 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
In mediumship there's a saying - "All Spirits are thirty-five years old." Of course Spirit doesn't have an age but by looking thirty-five years old Spirit conveys the consciousness that they are in the 'prime of their existence' just like being thirty-five is being in the prime of our Lives.
I like sayings but hadn't heard that one. I like it! It's a great way to represent how communicating loved ones may present their image for identification during evidential (spiritual) mediumship.

Quote:
You expectations don't give them Life, your expectations help create how you perceive them. Call it a mental picture if you like, in the way you create a mental picture of people you regularly interact with in these forums. Spirit Guides are not archetypes though, while the conscious mind perceives them in much the same way archetypes are internal (either personal or collective) and Spirit Guides are external. However, both are 'representations' of consciousness.
I applaud the way you've explained the situation. My view on guides is that folk may feel their guides are "actively guiding" their every move and - with the right technique - can be contacted for a two-way dialogue that will inform and illuminate the recipient of the guidance. Perhaps more in the style of seeking out a guru who will show the way.....

For my own part I'm not sure I have my own mental representation of whatever helper/guide I might have. Others have described an entity (my word) the way they perceive it/him but that's their perception rather than mine. But their image has now been recorded in my psyche. I hesitate even to use a gendered pronoun to describe it - why are spirit guides usually seen as male?

What influence I may experience is subtle if it's there at all - maybe it's just me? What I do recognise at times is my words flowing in ways they don't always flow. Sometimes they come so easily and readily I consciously wonder where I got whatever it is I'm writing. When my work is full of errors, typos and poor formatting I'm pretty damned sure it's me. When that's not the case I very much hope it ain't and I'm being 'guided'. (helped along!)

Perhaps those looking to contact their spirit guides should think carefully about what they think a guide actually is and does?
Old 01-06-2021, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I like sayings but hadn't heard that one. I like it! It's a great way to represent how communicating loved ones
may present their image for identification during evidential (spiritual) mediumship.
Re spirits being in their 30's. I have read so much...and this comes up often!
Ha, I remember a woman that suddenly electrocuted herself so found herselfon the Other Side (having an NDE),
there was a big gathering of happy people, like in a ballroom --she came down an escalator
and 2 people were at the bottom waiting for her that she didn't recognize..hahahah she came there so fast ...
her grandparents didn't think to change back to how she remembered them as gray haired and old.
And that's just 1 story!

PS never work on a fish tank (with filters and lights shorting out) that is leaking - so you're standing on a wet carpet!
I'm sorry it's just too funny. She was knocked so hard her head went thru drywall. The things we do!
I believe when asked -"How did you die?" 90% answer, "A stupid accident...bad judgment."

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-06-2021, 11:16 AM
Quote:
.....Perhaps those looking to contact their spirit guides should think carefully
about what they think a guide actually is and does?
Reminded my of going to a Medium's weekly gathering in NYC.
You had to be careful not to say too much before hand --if you comment on the nice music, incense or
straighten a lampshade before the meeting starts --all this can come up in your 'message'!
'You are a music lover and like things neat, you keep busy'...as if 'they' know your personality.

Tricky stuff. Do little, say little about yourself before the session.
My advice.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-06-2021, 11:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Re spirits being in their 30's. I have read so much...and this comes up often!
Ha, I remember a woman that suddenly electrocuted herself so found herselfon the Other Side (having an NDE),
there was a big gathering of happy people, like in a ballroom --she came down an escalator
and 2 people were at the bottom waiting for her that she didn't recognize..hahahah she came there so fast ...
her grandparents didn't think to change back to how she remembered them as gray haired and old.
And that's just 1 story!

PS never work on a fish tank (with filters and lights shorting out) that is leaking - so you're standing on a wet carpet!
I'm sorry it's just too funny. She was knocked so hard her head went thru drywall. The things we do!
I believe when asked -"How did you die?" 90% answer, "A stupid accident...bad judgment."

In my early days I linked up with a lovely bunch for development (never worked for this lump of wood) and one of our gals was there after the death of her husband who had been 'fixing' their washing machine and was electrocuted - and died after switching on! Damp floor, wrong ground wire, instant death....

He came back to her all the time, every day, even when we were sitting, any time...
Old 01-06-2021, 11:31 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Reminded my of going to a Medium's weekly gathering in NYC.
You had to be careful not to say too much before hand --if you comment on the nice music, incense or
straighten a lampshade before the meeting starts --all this can come up in your 'message'!
'You are a music lover and like things neat, you keep busy'...as if 'they' know your personality.

Tricky stuff. Do little, say little about yourself before the session.
My advice.

Don't get me going about psychic reading masquerading / being mistaken for mediumship.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:18 PM
Quote:
....after the death of her husband who had been 'fixing' their washing machine and was electrocuted -
and died after switching on! Damp floor, wrong ground wire, instant death....
On topic ---guides, helpers, angels, God, loved ones? -
Charles Stanley - a famous USA Pastor, teacher, author, all-around-gentle-man within Christian circles, had a 'life change' ---when running a tub,
and wanted to fix a lightbulb on a cord from the ceiling ---like in the 1930-40s...when the phone rang!!
No one was there.
But when he turned back - he saw the water on the floor.

Old 01-06-2021, 06:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
On topic ---guides, helpers, angels, God, loved ones? -
Charles Stanley - a famous USA Pastor, teacher, author, all-around-gentle-man within Christian circles, had a 'life change' ---when running a tub,
and wanted to fix a lightbulb on a cord from the ceiling ---like in the 1930-40s...when the phone rang!!
No one was there.
But when he turned back - he saw the water on the floor.

helper / loved one I'd say
Old 06-06-2021, 03:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
A spirit Guide can show themselves in a variety of ways, for myself i see them standing in front of me.

Namaste

When I go up in the Mountains, sometimes a 'fog' appears, which is odd during the dry season in the desert. Nevertheless, a 'fog' appears, which always comes first, and those that are 'with me', all seem to appear next.

For me, the Mountains are very special and I have had a lot of adventures while there.

I can not tell you how many times this has happened.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 06-06-2021, 09:55 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I like sayings but hadn't heard that one. I like it! It's a great way to represent how communicating loved ones may present their image for identification during evidential (spiritual) mediumship.
It's simple, easy and it puts the understanding across.

Quote:
I applaud the way you've explained the situation. My view on guides is that folk may feel their guides are "actively guiding" their every move and - with the right technique - can be contacted for a two-way dialogue that will inform and illuminate the recipient of the guidance. Perhaps more in the style of seeking out a guru who will show the way.....

For my own part I'm not sure I have my own mental representation of whatever helper/guide I might have. Others have described an entity (my word) the way they perceive it/him but that's their perception rather than mine. But their image has now been recorded in my psyche. I hesitate even to use a gendered pronoun to describe it - why are spirit guides usually seen as male?

What influence I may experience is subtle if it's there at all - maybe it's just me? What I do recognise at times is my words flowing in ways they don't always flow. Sometimes they come so easily and readily I consciously wonder where I got whatever it is I'm writing. When my work is full of errors, typos and poor formatting I'm pretty damned sure it's me. When that's not the case I very much hope it ain't and I'm being 'guided'. (helped along!)

Perhaps those looking to contact their spirit guides should think carefully about what they think a guide actually is and does?
Thank you.

Guides tend to work with you and often they'll understand you better than you understand yourself. Sometimes the dialogue might not work because the person might think they're going crazy. Some people don't respond to being told, often a metaphorical kick in the pants has more of an effect so a Guide would have no qualms about that. I think 'guiding' is the operative word because we still have free will at the end of the day but again what guidance we need may not be what we think we need. For some people dropping the guru for a buddy works better, because the Spiritual quest is seldom about what most in here would term as Spirituality. Guides don't do the 'Human on a Spiritual Journey' bit.

Everybody has mental representations even if they're unconscious ones, the mind needs an 'object' of some description. The mind can cope with even an ethereal figure but voices coming out of seemingly nowhere? If you were working with a guide regularly then you'd be able to describe them, and the the stronger your relationship the 'more solid' they would be.

Guides don't have a gender as such and again gender is a representation of what it means to you. 'Male' Guides tend to be more authoritative, for instance, while female Guides tend to be more 'motherly', it harks back to the animus/anima of Jungian psychology.

It's called Ghost writing and I still do it sometimes when I'm writing posts, I'll notice a slight shift in my frequencies and it comes pouring out. It becomes a little more interesting when you take notice of how you feel, and the more you notice the sharper the awareness of what you're experiencing. One of the reasons people don't display 'sixth sense'/mediumship abilities is their egos (in the Jungian sense), they 'lock on' to their "Sense of I am" and lock out everything else, and usually that includes anything 'supernatural'. Because you're wondering if it's you or not, I don't think you have such a tight hold on your ego and that opens the door for possibilities - and abilities to manifest.

Make Life interesting and forget about being guided or not, just take notice in the moment and see where it goes from there.

I think most people have this imaginary 'look and feel' as to to what a Guide would look like and how the relationship might go. It's human nature, and again the same thing happens when you talk to people regularly in here. What people do need to realise is that the relationship doesn't conform to any rules that simply don't exist. One's relationship with a Guide is very personal. I have a guide that carries a blue teddy called Patches, and another that plays a mean air guitar. I talked to one person who wouldn't talk to their Guide because the Guide wasn't a school ma'am.

Spirit Guides can be people too.
Old 06-06-2021, 11:28 AM
Administrator
What you say is very true, but as for spirit looking in the thirties happens a lot because it is supposed to represent the prime of their lives.
It is to prove that they are whole again no ailments etc.

Namaste