Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tim
Well no, of course not. Not just like that.
Well, you said, The only kind of security feeling we can truly ever experience.
I really got you on that one didn't I? Superlatives are always tricky used around a person like me! A trouble maker!

Cuz I'm talking about a formula so that you would feel total security and peace in the face of all I wrote above.

Been there, done that.
It's nothing intellectual..it's a practical 'practice' or method that one can do to always feel fine...
I mean to the point where your friends think you're loony, ,like mental, cuz you're always fine ...when from the outside
looking in THEY sure would not be fine...
Only a kook would be still smiling.

And this is all still on topic...it's about finding out how this place works so you would want to live.
1 of the best books The Game of Life and How to Play It - Florence Scovel-Shinn
And The Door of Everything - Ruby Nelson
Believe in Yourself - Joseph Murphy, Make You Dreams Dome True is 1 chapter.

In fact, I won't be offering anymore teaching on the 'hows of finding happiness', ayar ---
so much easier to point to some books, sipping some Bullit.
Plus, atheists are a tough bunch to help with the happiness issue.
I rem how hard Drakor was...the pessimism was too thick to bother with.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-06-2021, 06:26 PM
Master

Quote:
I used to work at a bar. When I meditate I prefer to be on the straight edge !

Straight Edge is a nice bourbon from Splinter Group Spirits.

After the fall of the Roman Empire, the monks were the ones who saved the wine industry in France. They needed the wine for celebration of the mass.

You and I need to set up a time for meditation together at the Chat Room as we imbibe. I look forward to sipping a nice brandy in gratitude to the monks.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That's right! There is a method ..I call it the Formula ---its the 'secret' formula to how to be happy here, (that's not secret)!
I found it!

Well, if you're serious we can talk in PMs.

I appreciate the offer, Miss Hepburn. Can we check out your method in open discussion? Inputs from others would be good for my learning process. I have always been the quiet one at school preferring to listen in on the conversation between teacher and other students.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:54 PM
Just Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I really got you on that one didn't I?
In fact, I won't be offering anymore teaching on the 'hows of finding happiness', ayar ---
Yeah.. I'm really getting odd in the recent times. You sure make it even ! And I who was going to say maybe I should come to you via PM for lessons...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
You and I need to set up a time for meditation together at the Chat Room as we imbibe. I look forward to sipping a nice brandy in gratitude to the monks.
Of course, why not ! Not right away, but I'll keep that in mind
Old 07-06-2021, 07:01 PM
Color

Quote:
And I who was going to say maybe I should come to you via PM for lessons...
Oh, you need tutoring 24/7...KIDDING@!
Someone has to make me laugh, might as well be me!

Naw, like in my post 81, talking to ayar ---It's easier to just recommend books.
What was I thinking!? *gun to head emoji here*

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-06-2021, 07:26 PM
Just Tim

I'm gonna read the game of life and how to play it, thanks
Old 07-06-2021, 07:54 PM
Master

Quote:
How scary can it get when you don't live off grid, drive a car, and pay your bills like everybody else?

It gets scary only when you live in the moment, neither toil nor spin like the lilies of the field and the birds of the air.

I was simply trying to answer your question. Whatever our lifestyle, it can be scary questioning conventional thinking because we are going against all that most people consider normal.

Living in the moment and neither toiling nor spinning is not scary if we live with trust. If we are scared then we are fearful for the future and thus we are not living in the moment.

Peace
Old 07-06-2021, 08:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I was simply trying to answer your question. Whatever our lifestyle, it can be scary questioning conventional thinking because we are going against all that most people consider normal.
Peace

Going against convention, in thought, is one thing, but actually jumping off the cliff with both hands free is something else.

If your questioning doesn't lead to an unconventional lifestyle - and you go on walking like a duck even though you don't quack like one - what's the value in that?
Old 07-06-2021, 08:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Going against convention, in thought, is one thing, but actually jumping off the cliff with both hands free is something else.

If your questioning doesn't lead to an unconventional lifestyle - and you go on walking like a duck even though you don't quack like one - what's the value in that?

Depends what you consider to be an unconventional lifestyle. Many might consider my daily routine to be unconventional, but to me it is normal. I am more concerned with my inner life. I have no need to be outwardly unconventional.

You imply that you are living an unconventional life, but you also said in a previous post that you are not happy. What is the value of living unconventionally if you are not happy?

Peace
Old 08-06-2021, 01:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Depends what you consider to be an unconventional lifestyle. Many might consider my daily routine to be unconventional, but to me it is normal. I am more concerned with my inner life. I have no need to be outwardly unconventional.
You imply that you are living an unconventional life, but you also said in a previous post that you are not happy. What is the value of living unconventionally if you are not happy?
Great response. I hope the moderators will allow me to quote you in full. I need to sit with it, savor it, and discern its many nuances and notes the way I taste a fine wine or a good whiskey.
Closed Thread