Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
...Have I ever felt who or what I am or known Reality? I was little when I started wondering how come
there was a me every time I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror...
I was around 8 when I asked my father what was life about.
Are you sure you want to do this? I don't want to drag you down my rabbit hole.
Only smart people ask these questions! If you were that young ...I am impressed.
You felt something many do not...dissatisfaction - so young!!!
You are not down any rabbit hole I haven't found a ladder to get out of myself with a hand at the top reaching for mine.
Once we find our way outta the Rabbit Hole ---that I call a Pit,
we turn around and help others best we can,.

SO - you asked about this life...it sounds like you never got an answer - and maybe have not touched the edges of this "Reality"?
...I'm taking it slow
cuz ya have to with the back and forth posting...trying to get the whole picture.
it's not like we're hanging out and you're buying me drinks....with fast back and forth talking.

(PS I'm a NYer myself ---and funny my friend's clients in NYC couldn't let go of her so she continued therapy on the Phone !!
She and hubby moved to CO to get out of NY, as I did, spent 27 yrs here and just moved to Maine
because of the smoke from fires every year here!!!! Ha!)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-06-2021, 09:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
SO - you asked about this life...it sounds like you never got an answer - and maybe have not touched the edges of this "Reality"?
...I'm taking it slow
cuz ya have to with the back and forth posting...trying to get the whole picture.
it's not like we're hanging out and you're buying me drinks....with fast back and forth talking.

Some of my best meditative conversations had been fast back and forth talking over drinks in a bar with absolute strangers. Have you seen the movie “My Dinner with Andre”? They were just like that.

I may come across as conceited but when it comes to spirituality, some of the smartest people I have met are NYers. I have been everywhere (Europe, Asia) talking to anyone willing to fly that magic carpet with me into that “twilight zone” behind the images in the mirror of life.

Yeah, you are right. I never got an answer; not a final definitive one anyway. I did touch the edges of “Reality” though, but it was like messing around with a Russian Doll. Every time I managed to crack open one, there would be another. After all that seeking, I now have in my grasp a smile without the Cheshire Cat. Do you think God is screwing around with me?
Old 11-06-2021, 12:30 AM
So ayer, could we then say ---you have no idea why we were created?
Am I getting this right? And is this then
what makes you unhappy?
But, you're pretty smart - no one could really tell you what this existence is all about, right?
Cuz you could read that in a dozen books ---it probably wouldn't mean anything.
So is it a direct experience you'd like?
(Cuz I could tell you the exact reason for this whole kit'nkaboodle.)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-06-2021, 03:10 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
So ayer, could we then say ---you have no idea why we were created?
Am I getting this right? And is this then
what makes you unhappy?

Yeah, you are getting it right. I have no idea why I exist. What makes me unhappy is the separation between you and me. There is an inexplicable divide I cannot bridge, and it isolates me from everything in the world.

I just don't buy into all this hugging and kissing and holding hands and singing "we are the world". Each of us is a broken piece of the world in a state of conflict. I am heading into another weekend and dread finding out how many more inner city shootings and killings in the news next Sunday night.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:06 AM
I'm deleting my post and sending it to ayar in a pm for him to do with
what he would like...It's been there a day ...that's plenty!
iamthat, you're funny! My Fave List, otherwise known as my Must Read List - is under 10.

Old 11-06-2021, 06:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayar415
Yeah, you are getting it right. I have no idea why I exist. What makes me unhappy is the separation between you and me. There is an inexplicable divide I cannot bridge, and it isolates me from everything in the world.

I just don't buy into all this hugging and kissing and holding hands and singing "we are the world". Each of us is a broken piece of the world in a state of conflict. I am heading into another weekend and dread finding out how many more inner city shootings and killings in the news next Sunday night.

To add to Miss H.'s comments, we each see the world through our own filters, and how we see the world is a reflection of our own internal condition.

So maybe the perceived divisions between you and the world reflect internal divisions, a lack of integration and harmony. Perhaps these internal divisions are broken pieces of you in a state of conflict, so that is what you see around you. You cannot buy into all this hugging and kissing and holding hands because parts of you are in resistance to other parts of you.

Before we can hope to fix the world, we start with fixing ourselves. What other people do is outside our control. And fixing ourselves begins with acceptance of ourselves with all our faults and failings, and compassion towards ourselves as people struggling to do the best we can. As we become more whole in ourselves, so we see beyond all these external divisions.

I am aware that I have made certain presumptions about you in this response which could be completely wrong, but these are based on your own descriptions of how you are.

Peace
Old 11-06-2021, 09:49 PM
Administrator
I would have to agree with that

Namaste
Old 11-06-2021, 10:39 PM
Good one, iamthat. :) You're getting on my favorite list, ya know?

Old 11-06-2021, 10:53 PM
Master

Thanks, Native spirit and Miss H. How long is your list of favourites?

Peace
Old 12-06-2021, 02:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I am aware that I have made certain presumptions about you in this response which could be completely wrong, but these are based on your own descriptions of how you are.
Peace

And what is my internal condition, you think? It’s Friday night here; and as soon as I shoot this post off to you, I am going to fire up my Harley and head downtown to hug, kiss, and hold hands with strangers at the bars in the city.

I cannot figure out how you arrived at your “presumptions” about me based on my descriptions of how I am. I view the world as a mess based on what I see in the news. The daily violence and social divisions are facts. They are not a reflection of my inner state but reports in the news media about what is going on here in the USA.

Perhaps, where you live is a lot more peaceful. It helps. I could fly to New Zealand and hang out where you are for the next six months. And then what? It’s not about being happy with happy people in happy places. It’s about being dead in a living body.
Closed Thread