Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-07-2021, 10:02 AM
Viswa

Devotion and Sacrifice

What is Devotion?

Devotion is nothing but, forgetting the 'world' and always 'think' about the "Lord" and immerse in "BLISS".

Devotion is not, using the name of "lord", for our 'desires' to accomplish in this world.

What is Sacrifice?

Sacrifice is nothing but one is ready to "physically die", as one's immeasurable "Love" unto "Him". Nothing is important before "HIM", so ready to 'die'.

Sacrifice is not, to sacrifice something for our 'desires'.

What is surrender?

Surrender is "I don't know and I cannot know, and I'm also not interested to know anything, except to see "you", so I surrender to you whole-heartedly".

Surrender is not, to accept what one says and follow it for our 'desires and pleasures' to attain.

What is duty?

Duty is 'to not be interested for any gain/loss of that act, but just to to act for that act must be done, for that act's sake."

Duty is not, to cultivate 'interest' on that act of gaining something or not to lose something, while doing that act.

What is belief?

Belief is nothing but to believe a person says "To be ready to die, to be 'Immortal'", and one just does it, by neither accepting nor rejecting, as he is curious to see the 'truth'. This is "Belif".

Belief is not, to 'accept' what other says, to achieve their 'desire' of new experience/pleasures.

Isn't it?

Last edited by Viswa : 29-07-2021 at 10:49 AM.
Old 30-07-2021, 09:30 AM
Administrator
Devotion is to either a person or a religion or a job it does not have to be to religion does it,

to me devotion is to a person or a belief or a pet. it can be about anything

Sacrifice it to i to a person or persons a woman sacrifices
her career for her family, you give up your own time for them.
again not for religion.

Surrender to me is to give in hold up the white flag so to speak

Duty is a sense of right or wrong ,if you work your duty is to your employer if you have family your duty is to care for them.

Belief is just that a belief it is a personal thing i believe in things that you wont agree with ,and vise versa

Namaste
Old 30-07-2021, 09:49 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Namaste

Sorry. I’m speaking about the “ever-lasting/actual” but not ‘temporary/illusionized’ devotion/etc…

If the ‘person/job/pet/family’ on whom/which you ‘devoted/sacrificed/surrendered/belief’ for, turn against you, and is ready to “kill” you, will the ‘devotion/sacrifice/surrender/belief’ continue then?

Won’t your ‘devotion/etc..’ reduce at that time, and won’t you think about them “why they are acting like this?” and try to protect yourself from “them”?

Why this ‘kind’ of “thought” arises within, even though you are “devoted/sacrificed/surrendered/believe” them? It’s all illusion. It’s not actual.

But, in case of “actual” devotion/sacrifice/surrender/belief - to “That”, which I speak of, is not a ‘doubting/questioning/temporary’ thing. It is to give life to it, even if it is to die/crucify.

This ‘actuality’ is, “I do it, not for anything in return, but ready to give me/take from me, whatever he wants. Bcz I love him, I don’t need anything other than him. Only him.”

Just replace “Govinda” to the “lord” you surrendered. Hear this song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px1lnU0aN6w
Old 30-07-2021, 11:13 AM
Cat

Hi Viswa, :)
I like your topics so far. Surrender, devotion, belief, duty - good ones.
I would just like to throw my 2 cents in regarding superlatives.
When communicating it is tough when we say, never, always, only or something 'is nothing but'.

PS And never say, "You never..." to your partner when having a fight!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-07-2021, 12:43 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I like your topics so far. Surrender, devotion, belief, duty - good ones.
I would just like to throw my 2 cents in regarding superlatives.
When communicating it is tough when we say, never, always, only or something 'is nothing but'.
Thanks for your suggestion but I differ from you. But before communicating that, could you please explain me what you suggested with a 'situation/example's and it's effects?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 30-07-2021 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 30-07-2021, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
...please explain me what you suggested with a 'situation/example's and it's effects?
Ok.
"You NEVER take out the garbage!" (When really he does...Effect? So he gets angry and the fight escalates.)

"Duty is nothing but 'blank'."
When really duty could be a dozen more things.
Effect? Since, it's an untrue statement, (called rigid thinking or black and white thinking
with no gray areas), it can confuse people.

Never, always and only are in themselves usually not true.
If something happens .1% of the time, then it is not never, or only, for example.
Alternatives words - Sometimes, often, usually, many times, most of the time,
many, most, a lot, seems like....and so.

But, hey ---keep saying superlatives if you want to. Each time you do here
people will disagree
that it is the 'only' way or it always is this way....or all of us are like whatever.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-07-2021, 01:55 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ok.
"You NEVER take out the garbage!" (When really he does...Effect? So he gets angry and the fight escalates.)

Shall we go one by one?

First, why to speak her about garbage or any other work to be done in home'?
If she does, fine. If she fail to do - let me do. Why to "shout" at her? If I'm at work, she is at home and she fails to do, let me after reaching home, carry the garbage in my car and make it reach the place 'it is to be reached'. There is no use to speak to her about that. If you try to convey this, then it means, you 'want' to save time/cost/petrol. Why one want to save this?. If it happens to be, let it happen. If it will happen, let it happen. Why to frame a rule that "It must happen in this 'way', so to plan accordingly preventive measures?". Why to prevent something to happen? What I'm feared of? What I'm desired of by preventing those? Time? Money? Fear of Work/Duty? Run away from responsibility? Stay secured?
Old 11-08-2021, 05:26 PM
Ghaleon

Just wanted to throw my insertion on "beliefs". The multiverse we live in is built around beliefs and there's nothing wrong with beliefs in itself, we all have them, however its when we take our beliefs as "truths" when it becomes a problem, pro or non beneficial.

This is why i feel that beliefs should be fluid and not set in stone or rigid. When we do this things become less of a shock and more pieces get put together to get or add to the overall picture. People who are stuck in a particular belief are blocking/firewalling anything (information & or knowledge) that is outside of the particular belief. This is where the term "belief systems" come in because people are born into and with a particular belief system because they have been indoctrinated. The "truth" is subjective although there are truths in all things, one can take these bits or parts of truths, use discernment and "feel" what resonates true and discard the rest.
Old 11-08-2021, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaleon
This is why i feel that beliefs should be fluid and not set in stone or rigid.
Makes sense to me!

Old 12-08-2021, 05:27 AM
Pathfinder
Sacrifice what is False and Preserve that which is True.
Saying from the book of Set.

"Thirteen Moons,
Thirteen Constellations,
Thirteen Tribes,
Thirteen Emanations..."

"All we have to decide in this world is what to do with the time we are given." Quote from Gandolph the wizard.