Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-07-2021, 08:37 AM
Master
Meditation question/answer

Hi. Crazy idea, but maybe people who are wondering might ask questions and people who want to can answer them.

I have had a pretty balanced meditation 'career'. I never had any questions. Teacher would give me instructions, and I'd just do that. Then I refined it over time. When I wonder about something and feel curious, it seems to sort itself out in time, so I never had a need to ask questions. Basically, if I see questioning arising in my mind, I tend to go, 'Just thoughts,' and keep watching the actuality of my real-lived experience.

No doubt I have had people tell me what's what, but in that case I have no reason to believe them. Usually I can't make sense of what they say so I just leave it aside and continue my way. I was traditionally trained, and I think trained properly, and the guidance is valuable.

When someone answers you or tells you something, don't assume they know what they're talking about. Think analytically and discern if it is sensible and explained well enough that you can discern for yourself if it makes sense. We all want some 'wonderful' experience and it is easy to chase false hopes and promises down the garden path of craving and temptation, so best to know what is going on with honest self awareness.

That's all I can say. Just ask whatever you wonder about and someone will answer.
Old 28-07-2021, 06:37 AM
Master
Hello Gem!

If you’d notice, invariably each follows his or her own ‘path’. Opinions are shared because we wish to pair, as a natural outpouring but it’s as said, an open secret, hidden in plain sight, immediate & intimate, yet invisible.

Path any, contemplation (self-inquiry), meditation (stillness, silence), Bhakti (prayer), energy (tantra), satsang (celebration), the common factor is surrender of doership (trust, acceptance), melding of head with heart (cessation), recognition of underlying oneness, choosing to prioritise internalising attention, moment to moment, all moments entwined.

Old 28-07-2021, 07:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Path any,
...Then there's being led down 'the garden path'.
Old 28-07-2021, 08:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
...Then there's being led down 'the garden path'.
Now that is something really dangerous. Mybe these participants were lead down the garden path.....

Ex Goenka Practitioners Survivors Groups.....
Old 28-07-2021, 09:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
really dangerous. lead down the garden path.....
Hencewhy, paragraph 4 in the OP
Old 28-07-2021, 09:21 AM
Master
The rabbit hole of dropping desire & aversion goes in deep …