Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 22-11-2011, 01:00 AM
beatnikbean

Getting wrong answers

I am fairly new to using a pendulum. In the past, I only ever used one for pregnancy gender prediction and I didn't know much about the other uses. I bought my first pendulum a few months ago and I had a really hard time getting movement at all. My sister asked her pendulum if I needed a different one and it said yes, so I went to the metaphysical bookstore the next day. I meditated and grounded myself first and felt very drawn to one. I picked it up and it immediately started swinging a very very strong yes. I spent about 20 minutes picking one out and the same one "spoke to me".

So I used it frequently but had some wrong answers come up so I decided to start testing it. I wrote names on separate pieces of paper and mixed them up so I wouldn't know which name I drew. I even showed it to the universe without looking. I went through each name one by one and narrowed it down after getting yes/no answers. Once I got my answer I peeked at it. 75%of the times it was wrong! I was so upset. I was very solemn, reverent, protected, etc. I had summoned my guides and done everything I could think of.

I am very sad and feel me something is wrong with me. I don't feel like I am mocking or doing anything in appropriate. So what is wrong with me? If I need more practice, that is what I'm trying to do by keeping it simple. What techniques can I try? I am at a loss!
Old 22-11-2011, 02:23 AM
OceanWaves19161

Hey,

I had the same problem when I first started experimenting with pendulums. Pendulums I've found are very influenced by thoughts so you need to have a really clear non mind when you use them....you cant use them wanting to get certain answers. Personally I find them quite hard to use but I had a friend I used to work with who could use them really accurately. To clear you mind concentrate on breathing, when you experience thoughts don't get upset...just let it go and return your concentration to your breathing...keep going untill your clear and centered.
Old 22-11-2011, 07:14 AM
thehermit

I don't know your beleif on diviation methods but I believe ost forms of diviniations are influenced or can be influenced by spirits so if you have any around you that are not positve or at least not very helpful they may influence the answers you get. Diviniation methods are rather neutral so it's my beleif that they can be influenced by good, bad, and things in between if you're not careful. Generaly I call out to specfic ancestors that I have a close and positive connection with and that helps.

Also, try asking more specfic questions. I know you said you did yes or no questions but I've found that I would sometimes have to picture the people and be extremely specific it if I was doing on my own. If gone to cards and asked, for example, "Am I a caucasian female?" and gotten a "yes". Then it hit me, I'm multiracial... so... I guess according to the cards I am. Yes or No questions are pretty general. Give it room to say "Yes but only if..." and "Not a chance".

OceanWaves also gave really good advice :)

Good luck!